Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• 137-2. Surrey need 53 runs to win from 4.4 overs
  • Milne needs to up his game
  • And he does so!
  • More than 2 per ball required
  • 148-3. Surrey need 44 runs to win from 3.1 overs
  • 34 needed from 2
  • The rarely seen 8 runs from a ball 
  • 18 needed off the final over. Good running from Surrey
  • 17 off 5
  • 16 off 4
  • Sponsored links:

• 12 off 3
  • Ha ha Slurrey 
  • Wicket! 12 off 1!
  • Let them get about 40 more than they should have from where we had them at one point. Disappointing really. Without Sam, Tom and Topley we really do lack death bowling. 
    Jamieson has also been disappointing with the ball for Surrey 
    I expect you're having to pay him peanuts too
    If we pay him per wicket with a bonus every time he bowls an over for less than 10 he would be the cheapest overseas in the history of the game.
    Worth every penny!!!!
  • What a finish :)
  • Happy days 
  • Need our two overseas bowlers to step up now
    And they did with figures of 8-0-65-4 between them
  • Sponsored links:

• Surrey bottlers!
  • Well, the eleven runs difference barely reflects how that went. Good to see Kent pull out a win, but we 're missing something here.
  • One more win from our last three games should be enough and definitely will be when we beat Surrey in the return fixture
  • Good finish that and Kent deserved it. The difference was in the death bowling. Ours was poor to say the least which meant you ended up with 40 more than you should have. Yours was excellent which meant we left ourselves roo much to do despite having plenty of batting.

We lack firepower in the middle order. Roy Foakes and Sam are big misses and have meant we have shifted Smith up the order despite him being an excellent finisher. Burns is pretty pointless in this format as demonstrated by Clark and Overton batting ahead of him tonight. I'd genuinely be fine with Dernbach in for Burns. We don't lose any batting and we gain someone with death bowling ability. Maybe I'm being harsh.
  • Good finish that and Kent deserved it. The difference was in the death bowling. Ours was poor to say the least which meant you ended up with 40 more than you should have. Yours was excellent which meant we left ourselves roo much to do despite having plenty of batting.

We lack firepower in the middle order. Roy Foakes and Sam are big misses and have meant we have shifted Smith up the order despite him being an excellent finisher. Burns is pretty pointless in this format as demonstrated by Clark and Overton batting ahead of him tonight. I'd genuinely be fine with Dernbach in for Burns. We don't lose any batting and we gain someone with death bowling ability. Maybe I'm being harsh.
    Dernbach plays for Derbyshire mate. 
  • I see we've lost some more players to The Hundred with the following all leaving our ranks (and including 5 of our top 6 tonight):

DBD
    Crawley
    Cox
    Denly
    Blake
    Billings
    Klaassen
    Milnes
    Qais Ahmad

This leaves us with for the Royal London:

Robinson
    Kuhn
    Leaning
    Muyeye
    O'Riordan
    Qadri
    Logan
    Milne
    Stevens
    Podmore
    Gilchrist
    Quinn
    Stewart
    Groenwald

So a squad of 14 including Groenwald who is currently injured. We also have just 4 frontline batsmen so I expect someone like Harry Finch, who has been playing a lot of 2s cricket for us, to be given a short term contract plus at least one other outsider or Academy member to be given an opportunity or two