Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2021

Comments

• Slightly different tack, i have tickets for the 20/20 at the Oval 9th July. Is anyone aware of whether this will now just be Surrey members as it appears with other socially distanced games prior to 19th July? 
    Thanks 

We are wondering the same. We had tickets for the Middx game at Lords on the 16th which have been sorted (basically they refunded the originals and you had to re-purchase and luckily we got tickets) but the game at the Oval is before
    I have been checking their website and have found this link 

https://www.kiaoval.com/main-news/ticket-information-for-vitality-blast-matches/

so we may still get to watch another Kent victory at the Oval😁
    How can we get tickets for the game at the Oval, it has gone Surrey members only, hasn't it? Prefer the Middx option when they refunded the original tickets and resold a fewer amount
  • Slightly different tack, i have tickets for the 20/20 at the Oval 9th July. Is anyone aware of whether this will now just be Surrey members as it appears with other socially distanced games prior to 19th July? 
    Thanks 

We are wondering the same. We had tickets for the Middx game at Lords on the 16th which have been sorted (basically they refunded the originals and you had to re-purchase and luckily we got tickets) but the game at the Oval is before

https://www.kiaoval.com/main-news/ticket-information-for-vitality-blast-matches/

How can we get tickets for the game at the Oval, it has gone Surrey members only, hasn't it? Prefer the Middx option when they refunded the original tickets and resold a fewer amount
    Princess Fiona, have you had a message  from Surrey confirming it’s is Surrey members only? 
    It’s not clear on their website and my mate who has the tickets is saying he hasn’t heard from them and that we are still going, I have to  admit I will be surprised if we did get to go as the game is before 19th July. 

• My thoughts & prayers were with your Barnet @Fanny Fanackapan
    If I were there, I think mine would have obscured more than the fog itself 😫😫😫😂😂😂
  • Listening to the last 15 mins, extra time & pens at the France v Switzerland match on the way home ALMOST made up for the debacle we watched tonight in Canterbury.

Too many of our batters holing out too early , followed by a master class in how to take  the Spitfire bowlers apart sums up the evening. 

Unfortunately, the mist was evident at the opposite side of the pitch so we were forced to watch the capitulation. 

And it feckin did play havoc with my barnet, @KBslittlesis !!

Not optimistic about our chances at Hove tomorrow either....
    I have come to the conclusion you are the perfect wife Fanny - like watching football, like watching cricket - are you also a brilliant cook, good at map reading, interested in military history and a dab hand at DIY ?
  • Very disappointed at our performance last night. Despite losing I was more worried about the body language and lack of leadership. We were terrible in the field from the word go. Compared to the Somerset team who were at it from the word go. Even when we were going well in the first six overs, they still seemed at it. Even the usual lively Cox was quiet. I said this earlier in the season I fear there is something badly wrong behind the scenes
  • I have similar concerns.

I have a lot of time for Bell-Drummond and some consider he has good leadership skills but he is not the leader is he. He is the No 2 continually being asked to step in on an ad hoc basis because Drinks Billings at the age of 30 is still chasing his England dream.

I hope the man is successful (we are paying a heavy price) but as other T20 youngsters develop or offer other skills he is going to struggle.

He has played 6 innings in total since January.

With Billings out, Kuhn absent for most of the season, Denly carrying the troubles of the world and Groenewald simply disappearing it is, excluding DS as the aged veteran, an inexperienced squad.

In the Championship Podmore, Milnes and Stewart were all injured with Cummins a major disappointment while Quinn has only just come through the door.

In the T20 Blake must be perilously close to losing his contract. Milne has just turned up while Quais Ahmed, for all his talent, is looking every inch a novice. Logan looked more assured.

Overall it all looks and feels very flaky. There is genuine talent there and on any given day it can perform but it struggles badly for consistency.

It is precisely with such challenges you need a few hard nosed pros to get things done. They are just not there.

Failing that perhaps they could ask Tammy Beaumont for the number of her/ England’s women sports psychologist. Watching her last knock you could see the edge the women has added to the focus, discipline, determination, concentration and confidence in her game to take the lass to another level. Circa 310 runs for one dismissal in her 4 last ODI innings and 66 in the test.

It was a genuine pleasure to watch her last knock.
  • redman said:
    Very disappointed at our performance last night. Despite losing I was more worried about the body language and lack of leadership. We were terrible in the field from the word go. Compared to the Somerset team who were at it from the word go. Even when we were going well in the first six overs, they still seemed at it. Even the usual lively Cox was quiet. I said this earlier in the season I fear there is something badly wrong behind the scenes

Watched on TV until it became too painful and thought the same as you about body language. Our fielding gave the Sky pundits a lot to laugh which started to grate..
  • edited June 2021
    Agree with all of that Grapevine.

The interesting one is definitely Logan especially as Qadri has become a forgotten man but that's because he has done next to nothing at other at either 2s or Club level. I wouldn't mind betting that Logan will be our spinner, should we employ one, in the CC.

Kuhn can only be selected in the T20 if we drop either Milne or Qais Ahmad. I accept that the latter has been slightly disappointing in terms of the number of wickets taken by him but his economy rate hasn't been disastrous so I don't expect to see Kuhn playing despite Blake's lack of form. Robinson must be very frustrated at his lack of opportunities in T20. 

The other thing to bear in mind is that when the dreaded Hundred comes round we will lose Billings, Denly, Blake, DBD and Crawley and the rumour is that one more player might disappear too to play in that comp. Expect us to have to use players on short term contract such as former Sussex player, Harry Finch, who has played a lot of 2s for us this season and even the odd Academy player for the Royal London
  • Listening to the last 15 mins, extra time & pens at the France v Switzerland match on the way home ALMOST made up for the debacle we watched tonight in Canterbury.

Too many of our batters holing out too early , followed by a master class in how to take  the Spitfire bowlers apart sums up the evening. 

Unfortunately, the mist was evident at the opposite side of the pitch so we were forced to watch the capitulation. 

Thanks 

Me as a surrey regular (but not member) have had tickets cancelled for 4 T20's this year. I'll be pissed if bloody kent fans can get tickets ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Royal London will be a joke, I wonder if people realise what a shadow of its former self it will be

Maybe the numbers attending will be lower, but those people who attend 50 over matches will have spent a lot more on food and drink than those attending a 100 match, over in barely 3 hours

St Lawrence, Old Dover Road
    The mist rolling in from the Stour
    My desire etc
  • Hanging my head in shame after that totally embarrassing thrashing.😠😠😠
    Thanks 

Me as a surrey regular (but not member) have had tickets cancelled for 4 T20's this year. I'll be pissed if bloody kent fans can get tickets ffs.
    Ain't nothing better than a scorned Surrey supporter - especially when a Kent fan has their ticket!
    Thanks 

I would be surprised if its anyone but Surrey members but if not guess they would be general sale. 

The Surrey website isn’t very clear on the arrangements for the Kent game unless I am missing something. 

Thanks 

I would be surprised if its anyone but Surrey members but if not guess they would be general sale. 

The Surrey website isn’t very clear on the arrangements for the Kent game unless I am missing something. 

Theyve been pretty shit throught tbh. Got a placeholder email saying we will let you know but confirmation only came through about 3 days before each match.
  • Lucky Kent avoid two defeats in two days. 
  • Lucky Kent avoid two defeats in two days. 
    Sussex have obviously had it really bad weather wise because the 2s game between the two teams at Blackstone hasn't had a ball bowled in the first two days 
  • Dear Sky TV,

Please ... never schedule Kent on your cricket channel again.

It is as much a kiss of death to the Spitfires as it is to the Addicks.

Thanks.
    I see that Sky are trying to win me back ...

Ch 404 Sky Sports Cricket

10pm T20 Final 2007: Kent v Gloucestershire.

One of the few matches that we've actually won on Sky. Ryan McLaren taking a hat-trick and a youthful Lord Stevo guiding us over the line in the run-chase.

• Sponsored links:

• Gutted to see that Surrey have just lost off the last ball of their game against Glamorgan by 1 run - Jamieson run out!
  • By all accounts 7 Sussex players were isolating including their Ollie Robinson after one of them tested positive. Think perhaps Sussex were the ones who got away with a point
  • By all accounts 7 Sussex players were isolating including their Ollie Robinson after one of them tested positive. Think perhaps Sussex were the ones who got away with a point
    I'm mortified ! 

My soft shoe shuffles counted for nothing after all.

Seriously, shouldn't Kent have been awarded both points if Sussex failed to put a team together ?
    I'm mortified ! 

My soft shoe shuffles counted for nothing after all.

Seriously, shouldn't Kent have been awarded both points if Sussex failed to put a team together ?
    They would still have had a team - it just would have been much weakened and supplemented by 2nd XI players, The team playing at Blackstone against our 2s would have had a number of youngsters in it.

Our 2s are in their own bubble and have had to spend the last two days in their hotel. A few were withdrawn by Kent from their Club games at the weekend for fear that they might contract Covid following an outbreak of the virus among a few clubs in the Canterbury area- the irony being that their opponents, Sussex, already had it within their ranks! 
  • Given that our net run rate is poor, I fear that two wins from our final four games might not be enough to qualify - and three wins will be a tall order as we have Surrey (twice), Sussex and Middlesex to come.
    Thanks 

Mate got an email late yesterday to confirm tickets are cancelled. 25% capacity and Surrey members have priority. 

Thanks 

Princess Fiona, have you had a message  from Surrey confirming it’s is Surrey members only? 
    It’s not clear on their website and my mate who has the tickets is saying he hasn’t heard from them and that we are still going, I have to  admit I will be surprised if we did get to go as the game is before 19th July. 

I got an email from them earlier saying it is members only. Frustrating as close to my work buy i giuess we will just enjoy the game at Lords
  • Given that our net run rate is poor, I fear that two wins from our final four games might not be enough to qualify - and three wins will be a tall order as we have Surrey (twice), Sussex and Middlesex to come.
    Other teams must have to play each other as well. I suspect that 2 wins should do it. Not confident of that though. 
  • redman said:
    Given that our net run rate is poor, I fear that two wins from our final four games might not be enough to qualify - and three wins will be a tall order as we have Surrey (twice), Sussex and Middlesex to come.
    Other teams must have to play each other as well. I suspect that 2 wins should do it. Not confident of that though. 
    You are probably right about 2 wins but the other 4 teams do but there are only 3 games where the other 4 teams play each other - if we do only win two games much will depend on whether one of those is against Middlesex because if it will mean that we will have only lost ground against one of Surrey or Sussex and not gained against the other (assuming that they win that game in hand when we play Middlesex).