Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Options
    He's got more threads than Primani!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Exactly what you want from your captain, although ironically despite all our injury problems we are a better team without him. We must take the hit and sell him in January imo
    Bloke is an absolute div. Christ knows why he got the armband.

Though having said that I will enjoy not having to watch him play.
    I will enjoy watching him play if we played to his strengths and he had a decent partner up top to help him. He was a threat when this happened but doesn't suit our current style. On that basis, I would look to move him on. 

He scored 25 (approx) goals in 1.5 seasons when we used him correctly. 3 (1 pen and one against a park team) when we play him in a system that doesn't suit him. I think the problem is square pegs and round holes rather than the player being complete s**t
    I've never enjoyed watching him play because the style that suits him is dreadful to watch. You're right that this system doesn't suit him though, but he is an actual hindrance these days
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    He was decent against Peterborough on Boxing Day too I thought. Still not the player from a year or two ago but definitely seems to be finding a role in Holden’s system.
  • Options
    So he's not injured then
  • Options
    He actually ran at one point on a break forward, maybe he’s just a lazy bastard and Amanda has given him a blasting so he’s in last chance salloon? 
  • Options
    Is this our second striker that’s better as a sub ?  
  • Options
    I must admit yesterday when he came on was the best I’ve seen him this season. 
  • Options
    The bar is so low people are praising a fairly average performance. 

Still need better, Stockley will never lead the line for a promotion challenging league one side. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would make an excellent central defender.
  • Options
    Well, our bar is pretty low at the moment in that department 
  • Options
    I said this a while ago at a match and the bloke I said it to was like 'he has no pace, absolutely not'
  • Options
    I think Jayden playing centre back would mean he’s sent off regularly and booked weekly. 
  • Options
    I think Jayden playing centre back would mean he’s sent off regularly and booked weekly. 
    Can you imagine Inniss and Stockley playing as our 2 central defenders? That could be amusing although maybe not in a good way!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    To me it looks like he still has a problem with his back.
    Agreed.  I think he is doing the best he can under the circumstances …. Definitely no longer has the aerial strengths he used to have.  
  • Options
    Bit like Innis then?
  • Options
    He's no Arthur Horsfield, at either end. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Wonder who Holden is talking about in his latest interview?

“I saw a lot of arms going up in the air, a bit of an apathetic attitude – both in the stands and on the pitch. I’m not having someone throwing their arms up in the air and walking – you won’t play.
    I'd bet my left eye it's him. Notice it every game. Really crappy attitude from him.
  • Options
    where did he say this`?
  • Options
    Kirk is also guilty to a lesser extent
  • Options
    Based on what ffs?
    Because he has a free role to attack the ball when defending corners/set pieces and he's quite good at it? At the moment it is the only thing he's good at.
    Where is the evidence of his positional sense; his man marking capability; or any defensive attribute at all come to that?
    He has fuck all pace for a start.
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/you-wont-play-charlton-boss-dean-holden-on-the-non-negotiables-he-expects-from-his-players/

This is the interview. I think Stockley and Kirk are possibly both players DH is getting at. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

“I saw a lot of arms going up in the air, a bit of an apathetic attitude – both in the stands and on the pitch. I’m not having someone throwing their arms up in the air and walking – you won’t play.
    Stockley 100%
  • Options
    mendonca said:

When you consider that Holden stripped him of captaincy immediately as well I think it makes it twice as likely that it is JS he's referring to.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

I'd bet my left eye it's him. Notice it every game. Really crappy attitude from him.
    That is Charlie Kirk. He’s the worst player I’ve ever seen for it since Hasselbaink
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    mendonca said:

That is Charlie Kirk. He’s the worst player I’ve ever seen for it since Hasselbaink
    At least Kirk doesn't shout at other players for his own lack of effort.

Giving Stockley the armband was one of the worst footballing decisions we've made in recent years.