Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• We'll tonk them 5 nil
  • We'll tonk them 5 nil
    Yay!

• Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    amos 

matthews
    gunter
    oshalaja
    maatsen

wiiliams
    jfc
    morgan
    millar

schwartz
    aneke

3-0 home win, thank you very much 

Eurgh I feel dirty... Agreeing with the Doucher. 
     Better have a shower

you don't need a shower when you've been douched sonshine - a good douching means you have been mentally realigned and refreshed - if you're thinking the same as me, you are on the right lines and should try and avoid washing until you regress 
    Douche is the French word for shower.

Is that @Doucher , why you always come up smelling of roses? :smile:

the name started as a bit of an insult to duchatalet really, after id stopped posting as bexley dan for some time and couldn't remember my password (that name was based on the fact i'd used a colleague at work's login details - daniels - to set up an account - i was contemplating changing the DOUCHER name now we have got rid of duchatalet but there has been so much history, controversy and 'magic' over the last few year's it would probably be wrong to change it - main reason however is that i can't be arsed. Anyway, back to the point..... the main reason i always come out smelling of roses oggy,(thanks for noticing), is coz i'm always right!!!!  :)  
  • Optimistic about today but I have no delusions that we should be smashing teams anymore. we're just about average.
  • We win comfortably , lose this and Thomas will be putting the 'For Sale' sign up
    My wife says she'll have the 'Under new management' sign if it's no longer needed

No such luck...
    Charlton 5 Swindon 0...
  • Rather than worrying about what Swindon can do to us, I hope LB's approach is to get Swindon worrying about us. This is one game we just cannot afford to lose. 
     Be brave from the off, Lee, start Stockley and Schwarz up front and get us flying from the kick-off. Swindon must be low on confidence and an early goal from one of the new boys would surely have us heading towards three points.
  • Stockley is match fit, not sure he’ll start,  but I’d bring him in at half time at least. 
  • Until Inniss and Famewo are back we are not gonna keep clean sheets.

So we just need to outscore the opposition which I think is in Bowyers mind and why he has bought in another attacker.

3-1 Charlton 
    Stockley ×2
    Aneke
  • edited January 2021
    Until Inniss and Famewo are back we are not gonna keep clean sheets.

So we just need to outscore the opposition which I think is in Bowyers mind and why he has bought in another attacker.

3-1 Charlton 
    Stockley ×2
    Aneke
    This all makes a lot of sense. Also Stockley seems the type of player who will keep the ball up the other end and frustrate defenders as Aneke does. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Until Inniss and Famewo are back we are not gonna keep clean sheets.

3-1 Charlton 
    Stockley ×2
    Aneke
    We kept a clean sheet last week? ;) 
  • 2-1 with one each for Schwarz and the new fella. Another one against us from Pitman @ForeverAddickted ;-) 
  • 2-1 with one each for Schwarz and the new fella. Another one against us from Pitman @ForeverAddickted ;-) 
    Haha well remembered!! :) 
  • Confident for this one. 2-0 Charlton 
  • Stockley to start at CB I imagine - must be worth a try.
  • Madness from Bowyer if he starts Watson and Pratley together in midfield. I’d rather start none of them than both. JFC alongside Morgan or Shinnie for me. Got to have more of an attacking threat in CM. Looking forward to having Aneke, Schwartz and Stockley as our main strikers, main thing missing from them is pace - so even more important we have it out wide. I’d go with Millar and Williams. Smyth’s probably that bit quicker than Williams but I feel he’s less likely to create a chance.
  • No idea what the starting line-up will be.......but tbf neither does Bowyer until 13.59 when he takes off his blindfold to find out where he has just thrown the 11 darts.

Just looked at the fixtures for the rest of the month. Lots of 6 pointers over the next 2 games, whereas we are playing 2 of the bottom sides. If we get back to back wins (you at the back.....stop laughing) then with the teams around us all dropping points the table will look a lot better & we wont be looking over our shoulders at Ipswich, Sunderland & Crewe  (Crewe?!?!). We then have Pompey on Jan 30th.......

Sadly, I don't think this year will replicate 2019.

1-1.
    I actually think Bowyer is the complete opposite and possibly slightly to his detriment this year. I think he can be guilty of overthinking it sometimes, really trying to match us up against the opposition, meaning he sometimes forgets to just play our best players in their best positions. This has gone through times of working really well and then not so well. 

Interestingly I think it works for us against better opposition but can bring us down to opponents level when we’re playing poorer sides.

I feel though, he’s improved on that of late. Which is why I am confident about today.
  • cabbles said:
    They’re second from bottom.  I don’t mean any disrespect, but we really should be getting a win today.  I think this is a big game for us.  We need a win and I would like a convincing performance.  
    I've thought the same about a lot of our recent fixtures many of which have been against teams near the bottom of the table. If we can't defend we'll struggle.

• Sponsored links:

• I really dont think we should be looking beyond a comfortable 3 points today. The team selection will be a good insight into LB's state of mind I think. If he starts Watson & Pratley then he has lost the plot
  • ozaddick said:
    Stockley is match fit, not sure he’ll start,  but I’d bring him in at half time at least. 
    One thing Bowyer has got to stop is making half time subs every game.  All it does is show he got it wrong in the first place. 

Not to mention the impact on the player he takes off.  To be honest it's much worse than being drop, it's almost as bad as subbing a sub. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    ozaddick said:
    Stockley is match fit, not sure he’ll start,  but I’d bring him in at half time at least. 
    One thing Bowyer has got to stop is making half time subs every game.  All it does is show he got it wrong in the first place. 

Not to mention the impact on the player he takes off.  To be honest it's much worse than being drop, it's almost as bad as subbing a sub. 
    Would be nice to see some consistency in selection so players get a run in the side. Not sure if the constant tinkering is helping.

• The team I think Bowyer will play

Amos
    Gunter|Oshilaja|Pearce|Maatsen
    Williams*|JFC*|Pratley|Millar
    Stockley|Washington

*He could pick any 2 out of JFC, Williams or Morgan. 

I think there has been enough improvement in the last 2 and half games to be optimistic today.  1 day soon we will take all the chances we get, we didn't even do that against Dale.  Probably not to day though. 

3-1 the addicks. 

• Another disappointment in coming 1-3
  • Guessing not, but is it possible to log in via the PS4 browser & watch the game on TV? Thanks. 
  • How many minutes in total over those 8 games though ?

That’s 5 as a substitute getting onto the pitch and 3 starts but it doesn’t say how long he stayed on the pitch
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    ozaddick said:

Would be nice to see some consistency in selection so players get a run in the side. Not sure if the constant tinkering is helping.

Of course it's not and when forced to play a similar team for 2 and half games the performances drastically improved.  Who knew. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • How many minutes in total over those 8 games though ?

That’s 5 as a substitute getting onto the pitch and 3 starts but it doesn’t say how long he stayed on the pitch
    212 minutes in total

Wycombe: 17-minutes
    Middlesbrough: 79-minutes
    Luton: 57-minutes
    Barnsley: 16-minutes
    Bristol City: 10-minutes
    Derby: 30-minutes
    Nottm Forest: 3-minutes