Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 0-4 Comfortable away win @happyvalley
  • I am hating that central pairing, we have enough options to not have two old / slow CDM in the middle, both are good still no doubt but dont play them both together not mobile enough. Would love to see Schwartz and Aneke start up top but still not sure it will happen. 

This is the game to put us back on track, we showed signs in the week playing people in their right positions work and we should have the quality, just need to start getting results now.

2-0 Charlton, Schwartz brace
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Comfortable Home win.

6-0

Amos
    Matthews - Gunter - Oshilaja - Maatsen
    Williams - Morgan - F.Caskey - Millar
    Schwartz - Aneke

Subs
    M.Brewer, Pearce, Maddison, Smyth, Washington, Bogle

Purrington in if Maddison out.
    Smith for Williams , i think that might be the team. Looks good or he might stick in Pearce and move Matthews on the RM/RW
  • This HAS to be 3 points ahead of a tough week. 

4-3-3
    Amos
    Matthews - Deji - Pearce - Maatsen
    Morgan - Prats - JFC
    Millar                        Williams  
    Aneke

Get a couple of goals off and get Aneke and JFC off to save them for midweek
  • Valley Pass subscribers and supporters who have purchased a live video streaming pass for Saturday's game can watch the press conference below. If you haven't got your live video streaming pass for Saturday yet, click here to purchase.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/600aab9261478/watch-lee-bowyers-pre-swindon-town-press-conference

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/600a92eb22f24/match-preview-charlton-v-swindon-town

• Nice preview FA , I've only managed to watch 2 of our games , so far this season , away at Ipswich and home against Wimbledon and we won them both and looked good. Planning to be able to watch this one ,so what can go wrong ? 3-1 to us , Rocket Ronnie with 2 , Aneke with the other.
  • Crisis what crisis 3-1 to the reds, oh hang on they play in red also, and that would be a crisis if they win 3-1, but I'm quietly confident here so definitely 3-1 us ,I think. 
  • Massive game for Bowyer this weekend imo. We should count this as an odds on 3 points if we have any serious chance of promotion this year. Anything less then I think Thomas will be tested. Rightly so I think as if it was my money on the line excuses only run so far.

Saying that I do think it will be a comfortable 3-1 victory
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    Massive game for Bowyer this weekend imo. We should count this as an odds on 3 points if we have any serious chance of promotion this year. Anything less then I think Thomas will be tested. Rightly so I think as if it was my money on the line excuses only run so far.

Saying that I do think it will be a comfortable 3-1 victory
    This 110%. TS is looking at the table and thinking against Swindon we must be winning this. Let's hope LB is right and we are going on another run... The league is there for the taking in my opinion. 
  • edited January 2021
    Swindon is a very winnable game. I would drop Pearce because he is demonstrating an alarming lack of pace since his return which could shoot us in the foot at any time. And already has. I'm not a fan of Gunter at centre back but we looked alright against Bristol Rovers and Swindon are opponents, with all due respect, where we should get away with it with. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    amos 

matthews
    gunter
    oshalaja
    maatsen

wiiliams
    jfc
    morgan
    millar

schwartz
    aneke

3-0 home win, thank you very much 

Eurgh I feel dirty... Agreeing with the Doucher. 
     Better have a shower
  • comfortable homewin 4-0.
  • Stockley replaces Smyth on the bench in my Preview line-up
    Jesus! I nearly spat my G&T out - I read that as "my match Pardew".
  • Saga Lout said:
    Stockley replaces Smyth on the bench in my Preview line-up
    Jesus! I nearly spat my G&T out - I read that as "my match Pardew".
    Ooo lardy da da
  • edited January 2021
    I would like to think a home win.  3-1 but more likely a 2-1 with us making hard work of it.  Schwartz and Stockley with the goals leaving us all excited about the new striker force

One to watch for Swindon is Scott Twine - number 10.  Young lad (21yo) that plays in the centre of midfield and has superb technique.  Scores some beauties but the way he strikes the ball is pretty special.  Vicious dipping strikes from dead ball or open play
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    amos 

matthews
    gunter
    oshalaja
    maatsen

wiiliams
    jfc
    morgan
    millar

schwartz
    aneke

Better have a shower

you don't need a shower when you've been douched sonshine - a good douching means you have been mentally realigned and refreshed - if you're thinking the same as me, you are on the right lines and should try and avoid washing until you regress 
    I think in future you should do your preview on Saturday morning  :)
  • Swisdom said:
    I would like to think a home win.  3-1 but more likely a 2-1 with us making hard work of it.  Schwartz and Stockley with the goals leaving us all excited about the new striker force

One to watch for Swindon is Scott Twine - number 10.  Young lad (21yo) that plays in the centre of midfield and has superb technique.  Scores some beauties but the way he strikes the ball is pretty special.  Vicious dipping strikes from dead ball or open play
    Scott Twine?? Sounds a bit ropey and struggles to string 2 passes together 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    amos 

matthews
    gunter
    oshalaja
    maatsen

wiiliams
    jfc
    morgan
    millar

schwartz
    aneke

Better have a shower

you don't need a shower when you've been douched sonshine - a good douching means you have been mentally realigned and refreshed - if you're thinking the same as me, you are on the right lines and should try and avoid washing until you regress 

This advice stinks.
  • Another defeat and we really could miss any chance of the top 6. But until our centre backs return I can see nothing but sloppy defending gifting goals. 2-2.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    amos 

matthews
    gunter
    oshalaja
    maatsen

wiiliams
    jfc
    morgan
    millar

schwartz
    aneke

Better have a shower

Douche is the French word for shower.

Is that @Doucher , why you always come up smelling of roses? :smile:

• Is that the team you would play FA or what you think Bow will play?
  • 3-2 Charlton - more poor defending.
  • Is that the team you would play FA or what you think Bow will play?
    Bit 50/50 to be honest...

I wouldnt be surprised to see Schwartz on the bench with Washington starting - Same time I wouldnt be surprised to see Morgan come in with Watson on the bench. I'd personally go with Schwartz and Morgan over those two that I mention.