Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January 2021| 7pm ko

Comments

• Options
    Trying not to criticise Bowyer before the game again but the chopping and changing doesn't bring stability. I was looking forward to Maatsen and Millar building a partnership down the left and now he's moved the latter up top. 
  • Options
    If he doesn't play 433 I'll be pissed off. 

If he thought it was good enough to beat As etc etc.  You can't chop and change formation every week. 
  • Options
    Serious question... should a manager just play the strongest lineup every time, when possible, rather than picking those he strategically thinks are the best lineup?
  • Options
    Again, not trying to critical of bowyer.  But square pegs in round holes springs to mind again.

Millar who was dangerous as a winger now a forward, which means we either have Smyth as a RM or a RWB, of which he is neither traditionally.  Gunter perhaps a CB.

I can see this being frustrating, 1-0 at best, but 1-1 wouldn’t surprise me.
  • Options
    I've got a good feeling about today. Think we're going to break out bad streak and have a good night. Cue loss. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Serious question... should a manager just play the strongest lineup every time, when possible, rather than picking those he strategically thinks are the best lineup?
    At this level, with the players we have available, I’d say yes unless there was something glaringly obvious about the opposition that would warrant a change. We’re not blessed with a squad like Man City unfortunately.
  • Options
    Finally Williams starting 🙏
    Am surprised seeing that Bowyer wasnt impressed with his performance on Friday
    I bet Bowyer was surprised as he pulled the name from the hat
  • Options
    Again, not trying to critical of bowyer.  But square pegs in round holes springs to mind again.

Millar who was dangerous as a winger now a forward, which means we either have Smyth as a RM or a RWB, of which he is neither traditionally.  Gunter perhaps a CB.

I can see this being frustrating, 1-0 at best, but 1-1 wouldn’t surprise me.
    Millar has played both positions for Liverpool under 23s
  • Options
    No, I think you have to take your opposition into account. But the chopping and changing really doesn't help. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expect we’ll go 1-2-1-2-1-2 when Kettle gives someone their marching orders 
  • Options
    The state of the stream really leaves me optimistic!! 
  • Options
    What's going on with the stream
  • Options
    What on earth is going on with the Millar interview picture?!
  • Options
    The state of the stream really leaves me optimistic!! 
    I think whatever plays these videos struggles with the quality. Not the first time it's happened with the pre-recorded stuff.
  • Options
    Why can't football get streaming right... I really don't understand why it's so difficult in the year 2020. 
  • Options
    Nearly gave me a fit looking at that!
  • Options
    Yeah this line-up pleases me except for the fact that Gilbey will hide and give no support to Williams and the latter will cop the blame again. We don't really have anyone else to play there, I know, but he really is our weak link and what sympathy I do have for Bowyer mostly comes from the hitherto duffness of that signing
  • Options
    I hope the live match feed is more reliable
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 minutes to sort this out
  • Options
    No signal on stream
  • Options
    Oh dear 
  • Options
    The bloody thing has died now
  • Options
    NO SIGNAL
  • Options
    Suggest they turn it off and turn it on again
  • Options
    Anyone else think they need to slap the top of the TV?
    I can think of a few players I'd slap first ...
  • Options
    This really is an absolute joke.
  • Options
    Praying for us to get an early goal. Can’t face falling behind again. Time for a big performance from Jonny. 
  • Options
    Where's Onslow when you need him
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!