Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January 2021| 7pm ko

edited January 2021 in General Charlton
Well, match day soon comes around again, as we pit our wits against mighty Rochdale at The Valley tonight.

Last Saturday Rochdale achieved  a hard won point after recovering from a 3-0 deficit, showing that despite their recent poor run and lowly position, they've plenty of spirit in their team. The game will be refereed by every Addick's favourite, Trevor Kettle. Hmmmm.

Lee Bowyer assures us: We'll have to be at it because ....." 
You can fill in the blanks with your own expectations.

We've 7 players missing tonight, including Mr Pratley serving the 2nd of his 3 game suspension.
No doubt Bow will shuffle the pack, while the rest of us merely hope for a balanced and settled team.

Charlton: Amos, Gunter, Pearce, Oshilaja, Maatsen; Forster-Caskey, Gilbey, Williams; Smyth, Millar, Aneke.

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Morgan, Bogle, Schwartz, Washington.

You can watch the game live by buying the stream:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Tuesday's game can do so here.

Scott Minto's capable stand-in, Mark McAdam will be hosting the show tonight, joined by guest pundit Alan Curbishley for the broadcast which begins at 6.25pm.

Come on you ADDICKS! 

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Amos

Gunter Oshilaja Pearce Maatsen

Forster-Caskey Gilbey

Smyth Williams Millar

Aneke 

Is how I read it
  • Williams playing in his Welsh role alongside Aneke?
  • Finally Williams starting 🙏
    Am surprised seeing that Bowyer wasnt impressed with his performance on Friday
  • Pretty happy with that team, let's just hope they can put in a performance.

Not sure what Gilby has to do to get dropped! Do we think Shinnie will take his place in a midfield 3 on his return? 
  • Looks like a Chucks for Schwartz swap in the second half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• i'm pretty happy with that team, would've liked to have seen washington in for smyth maybe but praying we turn this dodgy form around tonight!
  • edited January 2021
    Pretty happy with that team, let's just hope they can put in a performance.

Not sure what Gilby has to do to get dropped! Do we think Shinnie will take his place in a midfield 3 on his return? 
    The fact there isnt really anyone else to play that role? - Wouldnt want either Morgan or Williams that far back in Midfield

Would definitely play Shinnie there instead of Gilbey, same with Watson
  • He can't help tinkerkng can he. Just 2 changes this time though.....with the wonder subs of Washington & Bogle to come on with 25 mins to go as we go chasing the 2 goals we need to grab a point.
  • Bowyer has gone for the @DOUCHER approach!
  • Cmon you Addicks!!!

Prove my doubts and inate pessimism wrong...
  • mendonca said:
    Bowyer has gone for the @DOUCHER approach!
    Not quite as Gilbey and JFC are also in the middle. 
    Gilbey must have something on Bowyer for him to keep getting picked. Fingers crossed he finally shows he deserves a place tonight. 
  • That is not far from the team I would pick. JFC at the base and Gilbey and Williams in front of him. Could be quite attacking. Happiest I have been at a starting line up for a while.
    Am surprised seeing that Bowyer wasnt impressed with his performance on Friday
    Probably told him to go out there and show him what he can do, I hope he has a great game so we can talk about positives post match tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

The fact there isnt really anyone else to play that role? - Wouldnt want either Morgan or Williams that far back in Midfield

Yeah I guess. The thing is I am just not sure what Gilbys role really is. He has shown occasional flashes of what he can do, transitioning play - but also to me he just seems a step behind the play as well. 

Yeah I guess. The thing is I am just not sure what Gilbys role really is. He has shown occasional flashes of what he can do, transitioning play - but also to me he just seems a step behind the play as well. 
    Yeah cant really disagree there... Him popping up in front of goal on Friday a couple of time was probably the best we've seen of him there but we saw a lot of him jogging back, not rushing to support the defence too which was and is a concern
  • Looks like a Chucks for Schwartz swap in the second half. 
    Need them both to play in tandem.

• Team more balanced than recent games - reasonably happy ...
  • Oggy Red said:
    Looks like a Chucks for Schwartz swap in the second half. 
    Need them both to play in tandem.

Neither are fit enough for 90 mins
  • Bloody hell have we set up a team to try to win a game of football? 

Yeah cant really disagree there... Him popping up in front of goal on Friday a couple of time was probably the best we've seen of him there but we saw a lot of him jogging back, not rushing to support the defence too which was and is a concern
    There's clearly a player there somewhere. Though at the moment he looks like me down at Eltham Goals where I often use the excuse of 'marking the space' when I'm not fit enough to get close to a opposition player. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!