Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye 2020!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Phew, what a night, very dark!

Just back from the Whisky-A-Go-Go in New York and what do I find, bloody moaning on CL, how queer!

You lot could do well taking a leaf outta my book, as you know, I’m always upbeat, see the positive in everything and am generally a well rounded (waistline) swell and chipper guy.

So, none of this moaning for or from me.

Happy New 👂 everyone and to those who have experienced tragedy and horrible times, I wish you the best of everything and happier times going forward.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Thanks for all of your messages of support ladies and gentlemen. My wife said she is feeling better and if they can get her oxygen levels up they may let her leave on Sunday. That is the best news I have had in a while. Once again, thankyou.
    Fantastic news.
  • Options
    Never been someone to think about ‘new year new me’ bollocks. But the last 12 months have been truly horrendous. Lost my dad and job. I’m gonna take this new year as a psychological reason to think positive. 2020 can do one, tomorrow is a new day and year (and my bday).

Happy New Year everyone.
    Similar to you @ValleyGary, lost my job, then 3 weeks later lost an uncle and my mum in 3 days. Had 1 interview in 8 months. 

Hoping this year brings new opportunities for everyone.

Happy birthday to you and say hello to your lovely lady for me.

Will do mate, hope things get better for you in 2021. Have a great new year mate and alway here if you wanna chat. Vic says hi.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Thanks for all of your messages of support ladies and gentlemen. My wife said she is feeling better and if they can get her oxygen levels up they may let her leave on Sunday. That is the best news I have had in a while. Once again, thankyou.
    Fantastic news.
    Thankyou very much
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Great news and I hope that you will both be back together again soon enough.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that ValleyGary. 
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Great news and I hope that you will both be back together again soon enough.
    Thankyou very much
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's been a very tough year, but the more people tell you it will be a shit year, the more you'll believe it.

Look back at the good memories, don't linger on the bad stuff.
    Please remind me on how many people have passed away?
    Compared to a regular year?

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841
    2020 - 529,928 (Up to 13 Nov - on target for 599,049)

So yeah that's a potential increase of 11.5% on last year and 10% on 2018

How many people known to you died in 19 or 18?

Clown.
    Don't give stats to justify your ridiculous comment.  I am being very polite here, I could say more.
    You're not though are you.

My comment wasn't ridiculous.

I wasn't looking to start any argument and you asked how many people died in 2020 so I gave you a stat? Think you chose to take my comment the wrong way.

My mental health in 2020 was at its lowest since my Mum died in 2002. I have been back to counseling for the first time in 18 years to help me cope.

It's made the first 9 months of my son's life feel like he's missed out on the happy dad he truly deserves.

But even with the mental health challenges I have had, there were positives in there. I am certain I won't be the only one that also had some positive occasions in 2020.

My son being born, still having a job when 40% of my company were made redundant.

Sure it's grasping at straws, but it's not been the worst year ever for me and if we all reflect upon it I am sure it's not been entirely awful with no redeeming features for everyone.

Anyway here's to starting 2021 off right.

Best wishes to all of Charlton life, their families and friends.
    "Don't linger on the bad stuff", you need to have a word with yourself.
    As you say, "grasping at straws".
    Cheers. Hope you have a great new years too.
    Laughable.
     You're not going to get the argument you're looking for.

As I say have a great new year. Move on.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's been a very tough year, but the more people tell you it will be a shit year, the more you'll believe it.

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Clown.
    Don't give stats to justify your ridiculous comment.  I am being very polite here, I could say more.

I wasn't looking to start any argument and you asked how many people died in 2020 so I gave you a stat? Think you chose to take my comment the wrong way.

My mental health in 2020 was at its lowest since my Mum died in 2002. I have been back to counseling for the first time in 18 years to help me cope.

It's made the first 9 months of my son's life feel like he's missed out on the happy dad he truly deserves.

But even with the mental health challenges I have had, there were positives in there. I am certain I won't be the only one that also had some positive occasions in 2020.

My son being born, still having a job when 40% of my company were made redundant.

Sure it's grasping at straws, but it's not been the worst year ever for me and if we all reflect upon it I am sure it's not been entirely awful with no redeeming features for everyone.

Laughable.

Well said. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Clown.

Laughable.

Well said. 
    Oh dear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Clown.

Laughable.

Well said. 
    Oh dear.
    What's your problem?
    Has snow white give you the old heigh ho?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Clown.

Laughable.

Well said. 
    Oh dear.
    What's your problem?
    Has snow white give you the old heigh ho?
    Yes grumpy.
  • Options
    Loren Gold, who plays keyboards with The Who’s touring band has recorded a version of 1921 from Tommy, The first line of the original is “Got a feeling 21 is gonna be a good year”

• Options
    Good news @pettgra. I wish your wife a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Good news @pettgra. I wish your wife a speedy recovery.
    Thankyou.Very much appreciated
  • Options
    Fantastic she's home. All the best for a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Great news pettgra hoping your wife gets well v soon
  • Options
    Nice one @pettgra
  • Options
    Great great to hear mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic news @pettgra spoil her rotten. 
  • Options
    Cheers guys. Good job I got new trainers for Xmas!
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Good Morning ladies and gentlemen,
    My lovely wife came home from hospital yesterday, She is very weak; however, she will get there thanks to the wonderful Nhs.
    When I posted on New Year's Day I was feeling very low. Your messages of support, kindness and useful information really gave me a big lift and it was very much appreciated.
    Thankyou once again and please stay safe my friends.
    PS. She is not really a football fan and I have not told her that Charlton are on Sky friday(if it goes ahead).
    If I do she may want to go back in again!
    Nice one mate.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    My lovely wife came home from hospital yesterday, She is very weak; however, she will get there thanks to the wonderful Nhs.
    When I posted on New Year's Day I was feeling very low. Your messages of support, kindness and useful information really gave me a big lift and it was very much appreciated.
    PS. She is not really a football fan and I have not told her that Charlton are on Sky friday(if it goes ahead).
    Great news pettgra, make sure you look after that lady and build her strength back up............................well apart from Friday night when the footie is on, she can fend for herself.  ;)  
  • Options
    Well a bit of much needed good news to start the day.
    Your wife sounds like she is going to be well looked after, a task from which you may gain great satisfaction watching her improve day by day.
    Good luck to both of you, you are now members of The Covid-19 Club!
  • Options
    Cheers Guys. She is a really happy lady.
    It is mean of them not to give us a badge though.
  • Options
    Well done, @pettgra and Mrs Pettgra, lovely to hear.

If she cares about you as much as you clearly do about her, she won't let you watch Friday's game for your own mental well-being anyway.
  • Options
    Cheers IdleHans. Her knowledge of football is negligible to say the least. She probably thinks Accrington Stanley is a bloke.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Onwards and upwards Mrs Pettgra.