Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye 2020!

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that ValleyGary. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Bye 2020
  • Options
    1942 was worse, believe me.
  • Options
    Happy new year lifers.
    Let's continue  doing what we do so well and keep being here for one another.
    Ahh and there's the football too somewhere in here...

Love to all
  • Options
    Yeah 2020 can do one. All the best @ValleyGary, sending a virtual hug to all Charlton Lifers
  • Options
    I have been married 47 years and it is the first New Years Eve without my wife, She is in Darenth Hospital with Covid. I dont know how she is really feeling because I cannot visit. Horrible end to a horrible year.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    I have been married 47 years and it is the first New Years Eve without my wife, She is in Darenth Hospital with Covid. I dont know how she is really feeling because I cannot visit. Horrible end to a horrible year.
    best one in 47 years. sorry just a crap joke. hope shes gonna be ok. best wishes mate. 
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Sorry to hear that. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pettgra said:
    Sorry to hear that. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! 
    That is very much appreciated Suzi
  • Options
    Happy new year everyone on CL. Wishing all the best to those who've had a shit 2020 and those with or have loved ones currently battling covid or any illness. Let's all pray that 2021 starts to look something like what we are used to. 
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Keeping fingers crossed that she won't have to be in for long. You may find this site helpful for when she comes home: https://www.yourcovidrecovery.nhs.uk/
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    pettgra said:
    Keeping fingers crossed that she won't have to be in for long. You may find this site helpful for when she comes home: https://www.yourcovidrecovery.nhs.uk/
    Thankyou. I will definitely visit this, Very much appreciated,
  • Options
    Bye 2020!

• Options
    pettgra said:
    There in a nutshell is an example of how 2020 has been for so many.
    I send you and your family my best wishes Sir.......keep us updated.........if you feel so inclined.

• Options
    pettgra said:
    Sorry to hear that. My 81 year old Dad is also in Darenth Valley Hospital with CANCER, COVID-19 and now PNEUMONIA. It’s tough not being able to be with him as would be the norm in any other years.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's been a very tough year, but the more people tell you it will be a shit year, the more you'll believe it.

Look back at the good memories, don't linger on the bad stuff.
    Please remind me on how many people have passed away?
    Compared to a regular year?

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841
    2020 - 529,928 (Up to 13 Nov - on target for 599,049)

So yeah that's a potential increase of 11.5% on last year and 10% on 2018

How many people known to you died in 19 or 18?

Clown.
    Don't give stats to justify your ridiculous comment.  I am being very polite here, I could say more.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's been a very tough year, but the more people tell you it will be a shit year, the more you'll believe it.

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Clown.
    Don't give stats to justify your ridiculous comment.  I am being very polite here, I could say more.
    You're not though are you.

My comment wasn't ridiculous.

I wasn't looking to start any argument and you asked how many people died in 2020 so I gave you a stat? Think you chose to take my comment the wrong way.

My mental health in 2020 was at its lowest since my Mum died in 2002. I have been back to counseling for the first time in 18 years to help me cope.

It's made the first 9 months of my son's life feel like he's missed out on the happy dad he truly deserves.

But even with the mental health challenges I have had, there were positives in there. I am certain I won't be the only one that also had some positive occasions in 2020.

My son being born, still having a job when 40% of my company were made redundant.

Sure it's grasping at straws, but it's not been the worst year ever for me and if we all reflect upon it I am sure it's not been entirely awful with no redeeming features for everyone.

Anyway here's to starting 2021 off right.

Best wishes to all of Charlton life, their families and friends.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    My heart goes out to you, @pettgra. My 87 year old mother is in hospital in North Wales as we speak (260 miles away from me, her eldest daughter) trying to fight this bastard disease, covid! We have kept her safe in her care home to date and I can only praise them for their work. It will be cruel with the vaccine on its way.
    But the hardest part, is not being by her side to talk to her and reassure her or be able to see us. Hoping for a video call today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Clown.

I wasn't looking to start any argument and you asked how many people died in 2020 so I gave you a stat? Think you chose to take my comment the wrong way.

My mental health in 2020 was at its lowest since my Mum died in 2002. I have been back to counseling for the first time in 18 years to help me cope.

It's made the first 9 months of my son's life feel like he's missed out on the happy dad he truly deserves.

But even with the mental health challenges I have had, there were positives in there. I am certain I won't be the only one that also had some positive occasions in 2020.

My son being born, still having a job when 40% of my company were made redundant.

Sure it's grasping at straws, but it's not been the worst year ever for me and if we all reflect upon it I am sure it's not been entirely awful with no redeeming features for everyone.

"Don't linger on the bad stuff", you need to have a word with yourself.
    As you say, "grasping at straws".
  • Options
    a break from the norm is the way i would look back on 2020 - i feel sorry for all those truly affected by covid - family and friends who may have been ill / died and jobs and businesses that have been badly affected but for me its been nothing more than an inconvenience really and there have been positives - i've picked up some new hobbies (country walks , painting), got off the commute grind and seen a lot more of my boys and wife ( pub being shut has definitely brought us back together more) - all in all, for me personally, i think i've actually benefited from the changed circumstances but hoping for a return to normality asap.  
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Best wishes to her 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry to hear @pettgra stay strong G and I hope it all works out ok 
  • Options
    Never been someone to think about ‘new year new me’ bollocks. But the last 12 months have been truly horrendous. Lost my dad and job. I’m gonna take this new year as a psychological reason to think positive. 2020 can do one, tomorrow is a new day and year (and my bday).

Happy New Year everyone.
    Similar to you @ValleyGary, lost my job, then 3 weeks later lost an uncle and my mum in 3 days. Had 1 interview in 8 months. 

Hoping this year brings new opportunities for everyone.

Happy birthday to you and say hello to your lovely lady for me.

• Options
    Bastard year. The worst of my long life.
    Started well, a week in Paris in January.
    Then it goes from bad to worse.
    Lockdown prevented my daughters wedding in Crete, which would have been the highlight of my decade.
    Watched Charlton slip from crisis to crisis.
    Relegation.
    Diagnosed with cancer.
    Come out of hospital after my operation just before Christmas and two days later my mother in law died of Covid. 
    Unbelievably bad year.
    Goodbye and good riddance to 2020.   
  • Options
    I’m so sorry to hear @pettgra stay strong G and I hope it all works out ok 
    Cheers Danny,
    I did not realise that you and your wife had been poorly with this wretched disease.
    It goes without saying, I wish you both a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Clown.

Cheers. Hope you have a great new years too.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2018 - 541,589
    2019 - 530,841

Clown.

Cheers. Hope you have a great new years too.
    Laughable.