Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Or we could watch it

This is sodding unplayable. Look at the Hawkeye tracking at the end and tell me how any batsman in world cricket could have played it
    Tough to get it in the middle perhaps
    But Sibley's supposed to be an opening batsman
    Play down the right line with a straight bat and he gets a thick outside edge on it - bowled and lbw are out of the question, leaving the chances of nicking off in the lap of the cricketing gods
    Play across the line with a half closed bat and he's a hundred times more likely to miss it and 3 hundred times more likely to get out
    Unplayable only if he's not doing his job properly

• Options
    edited June 2021
    There's no getting away from it, a straight forward defensive shot, playing down the line and he could have rolled it back up the wicket.
    It was playing across the line and missing that got him out.
    An opener should be desperate to protect their wicket imo.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    That is effectively a fast medium leg break, with the line that started on it was an clip down the legside, not many openers in modern cricket if any would not look to attack that delivery.  Could have played straight in hindsight but that is as close as you get to unplayable.

Jamieson also has 36 wickets in 6 tests at an average of 13, worth baring that in mind.
  • Options
    Play abandoned for the day.
    98 overs due tomorrow.
    The fact that even playing to 6.30 they haven't managed to fulfil the required 90 overs on the first 2 days doesn't fill me with optimism for the final 2 days.

We are almost mid summer. Its (cricket) light until at least 8pm. But on Sat & Sunday they will be trudging off at 7pm having played probably 95 or 96 overs. Absolutely criminal. 
  • Options
    There's no getting away from it, a straight forward defensive shot, playing down the line and he could have rolled it back up the wicket.
    It was playing across the line and missing that got him out.
    An opener should be desperate to protect their wicket imo.
    Or he could have just whacked it......
  • Options
    He could have played an off-stump line but nobody ever does that if the ball's aimed at leg stump initially, because it almost always results in you being extremely lbw on the inside 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He could have played an off-stump line but nobody ever does that if the ball's aimed at leg stump initially, because it almost always results in you being extremely lbw on the inside 
    But what was stopping him from punching the ball with the full face of the bat down the ground be it through mid on or mid off?

And had he done that with the bat face pointing down the track would he have had less or more of a chance of hitting the ball?
  • Options
    He didn't play it ideally, sure. But my argument is that even if he did play it well it'd have likely still gotten him out.

I'm not overly invested in Sibley, but I do think that being fair to him it was an incredibly tough ball to survive. I remember Rob Key getting a similar one at one point
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Root c Taylor b Jamieson 1st ball.
  • Options
    1st ball of the day.Pathetic.When was the last time we got a wicket 1st ball of the day? I really hope not but i can see an England collapse here.The Kiwis just proving that you can BOWL on this pitch if you put the ball in the right place.Simple really.
  • Options
    The pic makes it look like we’re miles away but we’re not. Back row of new Edrich. So happy to be back. Despite the early wicket. 
  • Options
    No more watching cricket through a letterbox from that end!
  • Options
    1st ball of the day.Pathetic.When was the last time we got a wicket 1st ball of the day? I really hope not but i can see an England collapse here.The Kiwis just proving that you can BOWL on this pitch if you put the ball in the right place.Simple really.
    Stop panicking. 
    Surrey boys will save the day.
  • Options
    Dean Elgar, c Buttler b Anderson 0 26th December 2019 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Google is your friend. 
  • Options
    Should Ollie Robinson play in the next Test?  

It seemed a very odd question, posed on Sky this morning.  I would have thought he's an automatic selection.  But the presenters unanimously agreed he shouldn't play, 'pending investigation'.  
  • Options
    The pic makes it look like we’re miles away but we’re not. Back row of new Edrich. So happy to be back. Despite the early wicket. 
    Not much wind today which is great news, as the Lower Compton & Edrich Stands can get a bit breezy to say the least. Have a great day.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Thanks for info
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stop panicking. 
    Surrey boys will save the day.
    Lets hope so.
  • Options
    Not much wind today which is great news, as the Lower Compton & Edrich Stands can get a bit breezy to say the least. Have a great day.
    Compton was always worse than Edrich but they’ve defo addressed it in the new design. There is a breeze but thankfully it’s warm. Sat in lower Compton once when it was 25 degrees and still would have been cold in a puffa jacket. 
  • Options
    Lawrence gone for a duck, poor shot.
  • Options
    Compton was always worse than Edrich but they’ve defo addressed it in the new design. There is a breeze but thankfully it’s warm. Sat in lower Compton once when it was 25 degrees and still would have been cold in a puffa jacket. 
    A lot of people have said that end of the ground has it's own microclimate, bit like the East, sorry Curbishley stand at The Valley.
  • Options
    While I'm posting....Bracey gone for 0.
  • Options
    Bracey goes for a duck. 140-6
  • Options
    We’re so shit it’s unbelievable.
  • Options
    New Zealand have bowled well this morning but some of the English batsmen have got out playing stupid shots. 
  • Options
    140-3 to 140-6.
  • Options
    We’re so shit it’s unbelievable.
    Sadly very believable, an England collapse tells you summer is finally here.