Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alfie Doughty - Signed for Luton for an undisclosed fee (p16)

Comments

• Options
    Get as much as we can for him and fuck him off. 
  • Options
    With the Agent being such a prick I'd actually love it if any move fell through for Alfie based on his medical!!!
  • Options
    Remember the good old days when we were Burnleys feeder team?
  • Options
    I think this arsehole of an agent,should realise that we are not the old skint Charlton anymore and do not have to take the first handful of crumbs someone offers us.We should set our terms,stick to them and say take it or leave it.Personally think the agent is on the hurry up just in case the injury does not heal up 
  • Options
    To contnue (pressed wrong button) very quickly and clubs may lose interest later.Although I wonder how a medical would turn out,as this is a bad injury that is nowhere near healed.Either way,my opinion ,get shot,this is a distraction which we dont need.
  • Options
    If we don’t sell him I wonder if his hamstring will never be quite right for a return for us this season ? 
    Brinkmanship me thinks. He who blinks first.
    "Is Thomas a blinker, or not?" I think as fans we've been waiting a lifetime for an owner with backbone and wealth to match. Have we now got that man?
  • Options
    agents are parasites, not really interested in their client just in how much money they can make.
  • Options
    disappointed is the only world to sum it up tbh, no loyalty in football nowadays. out of interest, how would he pass a medical whilst being out injured anyway?
  • Options
    disappointed is the only world to sum it up tbh, no loyalty in football nowadays. out of interest, how would he pass a medical whilst being out injured anyway?
    Teams will probably look past his current injury, will see try and see how he's recovering and see if there is anything else they need to be concerned about

Its certainly a risk as said on here, there is no guarantee he'll be the same player when back from injury
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Teams will probably look past his current injury, will see try and see how he's recovering and see if there is anything else they need to be concerned about

Its certainly a risk as said on here, there is no guarantee he'll be the same player when back from injury
    I don't see how a club can look past a serious hamstring tear on a player whose main attribute is his pace. 
  • Options
    I do hope young Alfie is a little more intelligent than 
    other young Footballers are.
    his agent is a greed driven scumbag and is not interested in Alfie’s future.
    sadly these young boys see instant money and not the big picture moving forward.
    if Alfie was smart he would stay with LB for another
    season Or two, assist us in our promotion, gain more experience from it and double his current worth/ interest.
    sadly I don’t think he’s that bright or if he is his Arsehole of an agent certainly is not that bright just bloody greedy.!!
  • Options
    Yes, I think there is a chance that losing Lapslie could bite us in the bum in the future. 
  • Options

I don't see how a club can look past a serious hamstring tear on a player whose main attribute is his pace. 
    Every signing's a gamble. Alfie might be a greater risk than most but he's also relatively cheap and he has an unusually high up side. Someone will take a punt.
  • Options

Depends on the price. Cheap gamble could be worth the punt. Out of contract in a few months, we can put a silly price tag on him but then we'll just lose out when he goes for much less in the summer. Given his injury it's not like we should want to keep him in order to help us get promoted either. 
  • Options
    Not losing much sleep over this.  Alfie was a breath of fresh air but with a suspicion that he might be a bit of a one trick pony once he gets well known and sussed out.  I could be wrong of course and he could be the next Gareth Bale but I wouldn’t bet on it. The injury must be a big question mark too.  Get a fair price and move on. 
  • Options
    Reported that Stoke have offered £650,000 for him.
  • Options
    Reported that Stoke have offered £650,000 for him.
    Tell 'em to do one, unlike other "owners" Thomas don't need this miserly amount of 
    blood money, they obviously think we are still the soft touch we used to be B)
  • Options
    If the player wants to go whichever player it is then he a deal and get them gone. If Alfie has been offered a decent contract and turned it down then that is his problem. Sell him now for what we can get before he can go for nothing in the summer. He is a work in progress with no way of really knowing what the end product will be so take the money. No big loss let someone else take the punt. The players that are with us should be here because they can see the potential of where they could be if they stay with us the next few years, if they dont buy into that then off theh go
  • Options
    LB said that a fee has been agreed with 3 Championship sides. Stoke is one but who are the other two?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall probably
  • Options
    Makes sense...we need to free up spaces now and he will need most of the season to recover before playing and for us now that is too late. He is6 that much better than he was at Bromley this time last year so Ciao baby Alfie. 
    What spaces will it free up?
  • Options
    LB said that a fee has been agreed with 3 Championship sides. Stoke is one but who are the other two?
    Cardiff ? Same agent as Phillips.
  • Options
    Makes sense...we need to free up spaces now and he will need most of the season to recover before playing and for us now that is too late. He is6 that much better than he was at Bromley this time last year so Ciao baby Alfie. 
    I don’t think it frees up anything U21 so no impact on the salary cap. 

If we want to replace him with another player then more over 21 players need to leave or we find more u21 players who want to move to us. 
  • Options

If we want to replace him with another player then more over 21 players need to leave or we find more u21 players who want to move to us. 
    the nonsense of the salary cap and how it's been structured

We could sell him for £20m but still wouldn't be able to spend an extra £500k on wages
  • Options

We could sell him for £20m but still wouldn't be able to spend an extra £500k on wages
    Yup - what makes it worse is that we voted against it. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Yup - what makes it worse is that we voted against it. 
    What makes it even worse is it was one vote away from being rejected...
  • Options
    I ain’t sayin nuffink.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I ain’t sayin nuffink.
    Is the helicopter on standby to go and pick him up Bob?