Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match thread: Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 12 Dec 2020

Sandgaard got his 5-2 win!

Not a clean sheet unfortunately and, to be honest, I can’t comment on their two goals in quick succession because just after we scored my internet went out and when it came back 5 minutes later we were down 1-2! 

In the second half we started with much more intent. When Aneke and WIlliams came on we went up a gear again. Chuks really changes everything with his strength and awkwardness. The final thirty minutes were a joy to watch.

A convincing win after a difficult couple of weeks.

Over to you.

Comments

• The way forward from now on - literally!

• edited December 2020
    Panic not fellow lifers, we are kicking towards to THE COVERED END second half, no problem
    TOLD YA SO 
    What a result and a prediction ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• The second half IS Charlton! 
    That should be how we play consistently!!

Great result , after what looked like a depression inducing first half and half time!
  • I've been down on Bows coaching and tactics of late, and to be honest after a good 20 minutes of the first half I felt like it was going to be same old same old.

Got to give him credit though, even before the subs we came out looking a different team that second half. 

What did he change? Think he gave the full backs more license to get forwards. Which we can do when they don't have a pacey tricky winger.

Whatever he did it worked and that was actually enjoyable to watch. 
  • Good win, especially after last week's disappointment, up to 5th.

Shame the defence fell asleep for a couple of minutes but something to work on.

Roll on Tuesday!
  • Absolutely buzzing. Great response from the team in the second half. William’s was an incredible off the bench performance. I feel a million times better than I did this time last week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Only 4 points off top, Hull having a wobble.
  • Rossman92 said:
    First time since 18-19 that the diamond has worked to perfection. Most entertaining match I've watched in ages! 
    Commentary seemed to suggest that we went to a 3-5-2 second half?
  • I was fearing for us at half time but wow what a comeback, full credit to Bowyer and the team. Great to see us giving another team a thrashing too!
  • I know we can be an emotional lot, and many of us me included make snap judgements on what's going on, and that's the beauty of football - but some of the comments about Maddison were embarrassing. 
  • edited December 2020
    The ball that Pearce played for Washington for the first goal reminding me of the ball Naby played for Johnny against Derby last year for Bonne's goal.