Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Sat 12 Dec | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    So Shinnie will be absent this weekend by the looks of things, so to the delight of people on here I've replaced him with Pratley in my line up - Although could easily be Alex Gilbey that'll take his place
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Whilst your team looks decent and is exactly what I expect to see FA, I don't want to see it. 

I want to see a classic 4-4-2, full backs staying defensive, only pushing up so far as to support midfield, let the creative wingers be creative. 

Amos
    Matthews | Famewo | Pearce | Maatsen
    Maddison | Watley | Shinnie | Williams
    Aneke | Washington

Substitutes Bench: Maynard-Brewer | Gunter | Pratson | Purrington | Morgan | Gilbey | Bogle

Not a fan of this line up mate, as a 442, Williams and Maddison on the wings there is no balance even if RB/LB stay back.  Like the middle , but we have no pace on the wings at the mo so wont suit it, unless you had maybe Maatsen further forward , with purrington behind. 

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Whilst your team looks decent and is exactly what I expect to see FA, I don't want to see it. 

I want to see a classic 4-4-2, full backs staying defensive, only pushing up so far as to support midfield, let the creative wingers be creative. 

Amos
    Aneke | Washington

Substitutes Bench: Maynard-Brewer | Gunter | Pratson | Purrington | Morgan | Gilbey | Bogle

I don’t think Williams is a winger. I would rather see Purrington with Maatsen in front.

Who is Watley or is that Pratley autocorrected or Watson?
    They're interchangeable for me. 

Watson/Pratley = Watley/Pratson. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    As Shinnie is out: 

Amos
    Maddison | Watley | Levitt/Morgan | Williams
    Aneke | Washington

Substitutes Bench: Maynard-Brewer | Gunter | Pratson | Purrington | Morgan/Levitt | Gilbey | Bogle
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos
    Aneke | Washington

I don’t think Williams is a winger. I would rather see Purrington with Maatsen in front.

Who is Watley or is that Pratley autocorrected or Watson?
    They're interchangeable for me. 

Watson/Pratley = Watley/Pratson. ;)
    Great more cost cutting

First it was Shrewsbury and Crewe, now its the players being molded into one ;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Uh oh... We've gone full Slade... I know it's Christmas Bowyer, but we don't want to hear Slade. 
    Good to know that Bowyer reads my Match Previews as well :)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos
    Aneke | Washington

Not a fan of this line up mate, as a 442, Williams and Maddison on the wings there is no balance even if RB/LB stay back.  Like the middle , but we have no pace on the wings at the mo so wont suit it, unless you had maybe Maatsen further forward , with purrington behind. 
    I appreciate your comments, but we need width and ability. Both Williams and Maddison can provide that admittedly without much pace. (Levitt or Morgan in for Shinnie) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    would like to see Morgan playing in the middle , alongside pratley/Watson!

a bit of pace and attacking threat along side a holding midfielder is what we need- spraying the balls to the wings and up top 
  • Options
    Another newly promoted referee from the national league for our game. Don't want to jinx anything but they have been the better refs we have had this season instead of the ones who have been around for years. We are due Trevor Kettle soon! 😂 
  • Options
    Plague Dylan to ride in and save us like the Welsh knight he is, pls ;) 
  • Options
    Suspect Bowyer has more confidence than I do

• Options
    Fncking jokeing plus bowyer saying Wimbledon got energy in midfield That’s us fucked then with all the old boys
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Fncking jokeing plus bowyer saying Wimbledon got energy in midfield That’s us fucked then with all the old boys
    Edit: Just copied and pasted Bowyer's quote about the same thing to post on here - you've beaten me to it!

If Wimbledon have a lot of energy in midfield, then why haven't we?

Being over run in midfield is a big part of our current problem.

• Options
    Chunes said:
    You just know he's gonna start Pratley and Watson again. 
    If he does then he hasn't learnt anything, especially as about 90% of this board think that having that pairing (when not needed because of injuries) is one of the major problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Suspect Bowyer has more confidence than I do

Our 18th Injury/Illness of the season. Half of those have occurred in training. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Uh oh... We've gone full Slade... I know it's Christmas Bowyer, but we don't want to hear Slade. 
    Exactly. What we should be doing is attacking from the off - not passing backwards & sideways & being "patient"  ffs !!

Go 1-0 down and that's it I'm afraid. 
  • Options
    Another good preview FA , going for a 2-1 win for us , Maddison and Pearce for us , Piggott for them.
  • Options
    I dreading the reaction on here when the team is announced. Got to be patient, they have lots of energy in midfield, they have a striker who is a handful ( seems he is a handful now he isnt with us ) I predict a safety first line up and prey to sneak a 1-0 win approach 😫😫😫😫
  • Options
    Found out big time.

0-5
  • Options
    Just seen Thomas is coming over and will be at the game that should lift the players surely 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Just seen Thomas is coming over and will be at the game that should lift the players surely 
    I'm imagining more like that montage from Snatch
  • Options
    Like the sound of this Watley fella..

The pace of Watson combined with the subtle guile of Pratley.
    The long flowing locks of Watson combined with the long flowing locks of Pratley...
  • Options
    Shinnie out. Sandgaard in. 

Shame that Shinnie isn't ready for this game, but delighted Sandgaard will experience The Valley with some fans present.