Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Hypothetical: if Bowyer went, who would be your replacement?

Comments

• Options
    I’d hypothetically approach Guardiola and see if Messi fancies a player coach role.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Ridiculous thread at this stage of the season when ... just a few weeks ago ... we almost didn’t have a club 
    Stop saying that please....we do have a club and the squad assembled should be doing a shite site better than what we are.
    No I won’t stop saying it because it’s true ... we were crap today but we might not even have been there if it weren’t for TS. 

How long does that last then? I am grateful for TS like all fans but the foundation is there and we need to build..not keep saying how lucky we are.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Ridiculous thread at this stage of the season when ... just a few weeks ago ... we almost didn’t have a club 
    Not relevant though. I'm not saying Bowyer should be sacked, I'm genuinely not, but I don't understand the point that he shouldn't be sacked because "we almost didn't have a club". 
    He should be sacked because we are only top six? 

In the situation we have faced over the last few months, that is not bad at all. 

But you carry on and try and push for a new manager. 

Ffs 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Not relevant though. I'm not saying Bowyer should be sacked, I'm genuinely not, but I don't understand the point that he shouldn't be sacked because "we almost didn't have a club". 
    Of course it’s relevant, as due to the crap ownership where we nearly lost the club, we also lost out on the transfer window pre budget limit
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Stop saying that please....we do have a club and the squad assembled should be doing a shite site better than what we are.
    No I won’t stop saying it because it’s true ... we were crap today but we might not even have been there if it weren’t for TS. 

How long does that last then? I am grateful for TS like all fans but the foundation is there and we need to build..not keep saying how lucky we are.
    At least until the January transfer window. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    We’re in the top 6, which considering we missed out on the key part of transfer window due to an embargo is a great start. 

We’re on a poor run of 4 games, although we’ve only lost one of them. It’s a blip and I have faith in Bowyer, JJ and the players to turn this around. 
    Look...I hope we do but we cant keep saying we ALMOST had a club. We need to push on and frankly the last 3 performances have been awful. 

Yeah we are in the top 6 but we wont be for long if this keeps up.
  • Options
    Poch for me.....Eddie Howe would be a great choice always enjoyed watching Bournemouth
  • Options
    Charlton fans have become the Arsenal fans of League One
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    He should be sacked because we are only top six? 

In the situation we have faced over the last few months, that is not bad at all. 

But you carry on and try and push for a new manager. 

Ffs 
    Pop your glasses back on and read what I said. I clearly said "I'm not saying he should be sacked". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far too early to be talking about getting rid of Bowyer but hypothetically i'd have The Bewlay Brothers.
    Fixed it for you.
    You will have to explain 
    https://youtu.be/Zhseae93RDg
    Still none the wiser
  • Options
    Please close and delete this thread.
  • Options
    Venn diagram time matching with those that wanted Cubs gone.......
  • Options
    I'd have Curbs
  • Options
    Gobbinson 
  • Options
    Far too early to be talking about getting rid of Bowyer but hypothetically i'd have The Bewlay Brothers.
    Fixed it for you.
    You will have to explain 
    https://youtu.be/Zhseae93RDg
    Still none the wiser
    It's the title of the song!
  • Options
    Not entertaining this until we need a change.

Currently there are signs that a change may be needed in the short term future, but not yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Davo55 said:
    Charlton are better than this.
    Bowyer is better than this.
    We'll improve.
    Sandgaard will keep Bowyer at least to the end of the season, and he deserves that opportunity.

Not if he keeps slagging off players or has publicly lost the changing room.

What has he actually done to deserve a full season with no risk to his role? He got us promoted, earned a free relegation pass, got a massive bumper package to his contract, got relegated and now People think he deserves another free season?

He should get a fair crack, but that shouldn't be the entire season, it should be depending on how we're doing.

Sandgaard has earned the right to make the decision on managers and he has my backing whatever he chooses.

I do wonder if there remains to be something from the ESI V Lex Dominus case that has come up and could be why we seem so fractured of late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So much for loyalty guys! He could have left and we would not have blamed him anytime in past few months prior to TS purchasing the club. He is knew to management. He got us up before. Stick with him.
    Some people can’t ... all about immediate success these days 
  • Options
    Ridiculous thread 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    You really think that a squad assembled like ours was with thieves in the boardroom and a salary cap of less than a lot of fans earn, the first few games played under the threat of each one  being the last, and a medical and fitness backroom team that probably isnt as good as Salford City’s, should somehow be challenging for promotion? You really think our striker choices are up there with Taylor and Grant? You think any of our midfield choices are up there with Cullen, Bielik and Aribo?

and yet we are 6th. Fucking hell, I wonder how some of you would be coping now if you supported Sunderland. Or Forest. They are “decisive” when managers dont get results. Now lets see, how did they get on today...

This thread is ridiculous. I hope TS doesnt come on here to “get a flavour of what the fans are thinking”. 
    I haven't said that at all? Did you read what I said?
    But do the last 3 performances warrant praise?

I'm a Charlton fan..I want the best for this club and I desperately want Bowyer to succeed ( this isn't me saying he wont ) but there has to be a change when things aren't working.

Try to belittle me when I've been measured in my response is frustrating.
  • Options
    Nathan Jones, he has been gone too long :wink:

Seriously some of you need to give your head a woble. The war is over.  I joked about it on Wednesday night but I was being half serious.   You don't have to fight someone all the time. 
  • Options
    There is something going on behind the scenes we are not aware of. Bowyer is acting like he’s under a great deal of pressure. We should be supporting him rather than speculating about a replacement!
  • Options
    Bloody hell....... Bowyer is going to make mistakes, still a relative novice and he is now under  some pressure with a Director of football in place &  a very ambitious owner in TS. 

Yes I know the thread is based upon a hypothetical question but really.....

Give  LB a proper transfer window and not a bargain basement one, then judge him.

Always like Eddie Howe personally, his uncle’s a Charlton fan 😏😏
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    the hypothetical question should be which experienced coach would you employ to help out a promising but still inexperienced manager and assistant.

curbishley had peacock and day
    powell had dyer and mattew
    Gobinson had bowyer and jackson

bowyer has Jackson. Bassey helps out but that’s low on numbers and experience compared to the above.

bowyer doesn’t need the sack, he needs an experienced head to guide him and to tell him to stop having a pop at the fans and to stop substituting substitutes 
  • Options
    I'd try to get Howe. Sandgaard may be persuasive. But if that is not a goer, give JJ a chance as a caretaker. There is a lot to be said for a caretaker, as they have a chance to prove themselves and are easy to get rid of if they don't.
  • Options
    I don't think it fair on Jackson to make him the caretaker. He'd be wasted getting balls off the roof and sweeping corridors.