Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Hypothetical: if Bowyer went, who would be your replacement?

edited December 2020 in General Charlton
Allardyce available,
Eddie Howe possible? 
David Vagner has done it before,
Gus Poyet been out of it too long? 
Martin O’Neill, could he?
Danny Cowley, would he? 
Phil Parkinson could fancy a return...
Nigel Adkins even Nigel Pearson free too

who Would you go for? 

Comments

• Options
    Far too early to be talking about getting rid of Bowyer but hypothetically i'd have The Cowley Brothers.
  • Options
    Lee Johnson isnt free anymore, unless Sunderland have got rid of him after 1 defeat 
  • Options
    Far too early to be talking about getting rid of Bowyer but hypothetically i'd have The Cowley Brothers.
    Oh god no. Their football is dire
  • Options
    Far too early to be talking about getting rid of Bowyer but hypothetically i'd have The Bewlay Brothers.
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    Jeez those top three names!! 🤣
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Ridiculous thread at this stage of the season when ... just a few weeks ago ... we almost didn’t have a club 
    Hence why it’s hypothetical... 
    always good to know what other options are out there 
  • Options
    Far too early to be talking about getting rid of Bowyer but hypothetically i'd have The Chuckle Brothers.
      Corrected for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far too early to be talking about getting rid of Bowyer but hypothetically i'd have The Bewlay Brothers.
    Fixed it for you.
    You will have to explain 
  • Options
    Don't think Bows should go. We will never be a good techincal footballing side under him, but we will always be tough to beat. 

But if he did go, someone who plays fluid passing football. Would be nice to actually watch us dominate games consistently for once. 
  • Options
    There is only one correct answer anyway.

Chris Powell 
    Not sure about others, but certainly wouldn’t have him back as manager! 
    Too similar to bowyer in that respect 
  • Options

Chris Powell 
    His football wasn't so great either but it at least involved wingers and attacking play sometimes 
  • Options
    My Nan?
  • Options
    This thread is a perfectly reasonable topic for a Charlton webforum. It is conditional after all. 
  • Options
    Fixed it for you.
    You will have to explain 
    https://youtu.be/Zhseae93RDg
  • Options

Sir Chris Powell 
    I’ve corrected it for you 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Urgh
  • Options
    Howe.
  • Options
    Nick Hancock
  • Options
    Howe.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Ridiculous thread at this stage of the season when ... just a few weeks ago ... we almost didn’t have a club 
    Stop saying that please....we do have a club and the squad assembled should be doing a shite site better than what we are.
  • Options
    Ah, the good ol hypothetical question...
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Stop saying that please....we do have a club and the squad assembled should be doing a shite site better than what we are.
    No I won’t stop saying it because it’s true ... we were crap today but we might not even have been there if it weren’t for TS. 

• Options
    edited December 2020
    stonemuse said:
    We’re in the top 6, which considering we missed out on the key part of transfer window due to an embargo is a great start. 

We’re on a poor run of 4 games, although we’ve only lost one of them. It’s a blip and I have faith in Bowyer, JJ and the players to turn this around. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Not relevant though. I'm not saying Bowyer should be sacked, I'm genuinely not, but I don't understand the point that he shouldn't be sacked because "we almost didn't have a club".