Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Wednesday 2nd December 2020

edited December 2020 in General Charlton
Seems a long while since we played a League game at The Valley of dreams - but tonight we're back home, in front of the lucky 2,000 permitted to attend.

Our opponents are the team from Milton Keynes, sitting in lowly 19th.
But definitely not to be underestimated, as they are building a reputation as a good passing and possession side.

Tonight we'll be missing the suspended young Maatsen, the stitched up Little Smyth, the Covid isolation twins Levitt and Oshilaja, JFC and the longer term absentees, Inniss and Doughty.

Conor Washington is hoping to have shaken off his minor knock and added to the squad, alongside the returning Akin Famewo.
That could mean one of our makeshift CB duo takes a rest tonight.   (EDIT: Oh no, they don't).

Team news:
Charlton: Amos; Matthews, Gunter, Pratley (C), Purrington; Watson, Shinnie, Morgan, Gilbey; Bogle, Washington

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Famewo, Pearce, Williams, Aneke, Maddison, Henry

If you couldn't get to The Valley tonight, you can watch the stream on Valley Pass:
https://charltonafcpayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1

COME ON YOU ADDICKS!

Comments

• Options
    Great idea upload some selfies 
  • Options

Amos
    Matthews Gunter Pratley Purrington
    Watson
    Morgan Shinnie
    Gilbey
    Bogle Washington 
  • Options
    Good side, good subs 
  • Options
    Guessing the diamond again with Gilbey or Albie at the top?

To be honest would have liked to have seen Williams continue as I think that's where he plays best for us, and not out on the left where he has been played before. But we need to look after players and rotate. 

Just annoying that him and Aneke can't play consistent 90 minutes. That's what you want from your best players.

Wonder if Maddison will feature in the second half playing off the striker? 
  • Options
    After what Bowyer said, I'm surprised to see Morgan start again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Proper David Bailey

I'm proper jealous. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Other than Bowyer sticking with the makeshift centre back pairing with Pearce and Famewo on the bench, I got the team spot on!
    It's almost as though you know what you're talking about!
  • Options
    Surely surely now the final game for the makeshift pairing at the back.

Pearce has played 90 mins, but isnt yet ready to play 90 mins (in the first team I guess), Famewo wasnt really out long enough to need weeks to get back up to speed.

Surely ready to play soon.
  • Options
    Indeed. But he's in such good form at the moment he has kinda made himself undropable - which I would not have predicted with our midfield.

Love it Albie. 
  • Options
    Someone with some taste is playing The Cure over the PA! 
  • Options
    Absolutely delighted for those that have got to return, enjoy your evening all!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weird how comforting it is hearing the buzz of people in the ground rather than hardly anything at all over the stream at this stage in proceedings. Is that @bc_addick back on the mike?
  • Options
    Indeed. But he's in such good form at the moment he has kinda made himself undropable - which I would not have predicted with our midfield.

Love it Albie. 
    I think the issue was that Morgan might struggle physically with consecutive matches 

Maybe this being a Wednesday helps
  • Options
    If you are home and have Sky, they will show the goals when they are scored
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Any idea's where Deji's gone? Has he suffered a set back? I'm surprised Pearce still isn't ready to start - centre back is a less demanding position, but Gunter and Prately have had to play a lot of consecutive matches (Gunter's been away with Wales as well) and as a result we also haven't been able to rotate at right back and defensive midfield either. I do worry about fatigue catching up with a few more of these players and more injuries as a result.
  • Options
    Any idea's where Deji's gone? Has he suffered a set back? I'm surprised Pearce still isn't ready to start - centre back is a less demanding position, we Gunter and Prately have had to play a lot of consecutive matches (Gunter's been away with Wales as well) and as a result we also haven't been able to rotate at right back and defensive midfield either. I do worry about fatigue catching up with a few more of these players and more injuries as a result.
    Was in contact with Levitt so has to isolate
  • Options
    The East Stand bogs...

So clean, where's the dog ends ;)
  • Options
    Any idea's where Deji's gone? Has he suffered a set back? I'm surprised Pearce still isn't ready to start - centre back is a less demanding position, we Gunter and Prately have had to play a lot of consecutive matches (Gunter's been away with Wales as well) and as a result we also haven't been able to rotate at right back and defensive midfield either. I do worry about fatigue catching up with a few more of these players and more injuries as a result.
    I thought I read that he was out due to close contact with a positive COVID case (Levitt).
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!