Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Ipswich v Charlton | Sat 28 Nov 2020

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Also, our highest Player Mark of the entire season was awarded to Gunter for a performance at CB
    Where talking about Pratley at the back . Yes Gunter is ok there
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Pratley should be no where near the back four we do miss him in the middle 
    Pratley is a fine CB at this level. Whether we need him in the middle depends on whether we think Watson is any good there.
    I gather you never see Tuesday game then.
    I watched the whole thing. Pratley has played CB numerous times this season and generally done very well. You seem to want to base your opinion on one game. 

Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Pratley is a fine CB at this level. Whether we need him in the middle depends on whether we think Watson is any good there.
    I watched the whole thing. Pratley has played CB numerous times this season and generally done very well. You seem to want to base your opinion on one game. 
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    We let In four goals against bottom of the league Not good enough end of plus we had 2 yes 2 center half’s on the bench Tuesday night you play players in there right position.
    You alright mate or has Leuth given you the shakes?  ;)
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:

Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    We let In four goals against bottom of the league Not good enough end of plus we had 2 yes 2 center half’s on the bench Tuesday night you play players in there right position.
    We did gift them a 2 goal head start. 2-2 would probably have been a fair result.
  • Options
    Play Barker and Pearce in my opinion.
    Half fit Pearce and Barker hasn't let us down
    Gunther to RB
    Pratley to CM

Improves us as a side in my opinion
  • Options
    Gunter and the Old Man at centre-back again. I don't have a real problem with that ... as long as they don't f*** up their passing again and there is some help from the midfield trio/quartet/whatever giving them an outlet.

We saw in the early stages of last season how this possession game should work - I can't remember which match it was but there was a prolonged period of passing side-to-side, backwards, slightly forwards, sideways again, and then wallop! a gap had been opened up and Conor motored forward leading to one of our goals of the season.

However that style of play won't work if the midfield is static. That was probably part of the reason why Bogle was coming deep, to try and get the ball, and therefore out of position on the front line.

Anyway, I have every confidence in Lord Bowyer putting the world to rights today, coupled with the fine work that Special Agent Lambert is doing at Portaloo Road. Delia has sent him on a 'black ops' mission south of the border in bandit country ... and it's working a dream thus far.

Dipswich (as my grandson calls them) 0 CAFC 2 ... Mount Chuks and Old Man Prats with the goals.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    It's interesting that Levitt had the Coronavirus test because he actually felt ill on Tuesday, whereas most positive cases involving players have been asymptomatic

After a positive test, he'll definitely miss MKD and possibly Shrewsbury as well
    He's not appeared for the last 5 weeks.

Somehow, we've coped.  :smile:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:

Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    RedChaser said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:

Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Let you no at 5 👍coyr😷
  • Options
    Adverts 5 minutes before kick off on commentary is a bit of a p***take
  • Options
    Bowyer just has to worry about getting our players up for a fight play our normal game we are a match for any team in this league.

This season is all about giving it ago,if we are not good enough to go up we will learn from it and Bowyer will be the man to do the job again next season.
  • Options
    Interestingly, Terry has just said on commentary we are the best streamed club in the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    At least we look a bit quicker today than at Burton.

• Options
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:

Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Two make-shift centre-backs.

Four goals conceded.

Two goals conceded directly as a result of individual errors not connected to position played (poor passing plus Amos stuff-up)

One goal conceded from stupidly-given-away corner.

None of them conceded as a result of players in "wrong" positions.
  • Options
    Maatsen already looks fucked!
  • Options
    Here come the two sides... COME ON YOUUUU REDS!
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Maatsen already looks fucked!
    Maatsen will be our Maradona tribute act today, trust 
  • Options
    Rubbish to only have 6 subs. Whats Bowyer playing at this time? 
    That's just bollocks, you can't tell me we don't have 1 player in the club who can sit on the bench ?
  • Options
    Portman Road stops for a period of applause in memory of Diego Maradona. #cafc
  • Options
  • Options
    Very short minute, the ref clearly wanted to get on with the game!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Portman Road stops for a period of applause in memory of Diego Maradona. #cafc

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would be great if the most used word isn't "backwards" this afternoon
  • Options
    1. 3'

Post update

Foul by Aristote Nsiala (Ipswich Town).

2. 3'

Post update

Paul Smyth (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    5' Keanan Bennetts makes his way past a couple of Charlton defenders but his strike from the edge of the box is blocked before the visitors clear their lines. [0-0] #itfc
  • Options
    Corr i thought that was handball from Pratley
  • Options
    The bar had been set very low at FT on Tuesday but already playing a lot better 
  • Options
    Anyone know why the odds have changed - Charlton now favourites. 
  • Options
    Anyone elses stream really blurry when the camera moves or am I just hungover?
  • Options
    We have a focal point of Aneke.
    We will mix it more today.
    Bowyer does make mistakes but he's not an idiot. 
  • Options
    Adverts 5 minutes before kick off on commentary is a bit of a p***take
    Happens all the time 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!