Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Ipswich v Charlton | Sat 28 Nov 2020

Comments

• Options
    Still no centre backs so I was hoping we’d go with three in the middle today. Watson sits too deep for a flat 4-4-2 and the lack of width in the diamond can lead to our centre halves being got at with crosses and late runs in to the box if we’re not careful. With Washington out though our options are a bit limited. Hopefully Chuks can get at them early and we can come away with a result. Going to be a tough match this one 
  • Options
    So are we fancying a Gunter/Pratley masterclass or another 0/10 defensive performance.
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton, Shinnie and Chuks
  • Options
    Still no centre backs so I was hoping we’d go with three in the middle today. Watson sits too deep for a flat 4-4-2 and the lack of width in the diamond can lead to our centre halves being got at with crosses and late runs in to the box if we’re not careful. With Washington out though our options are a bit limited. Hopefully Chuks can get at them early and we can come away with a result. Going to be a tough match this one 
    Could be 3 in the middle, OS says it could be 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or a diamond.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    So are we fancying a Gunter/Pratley masterclass or another 0/10 defensive performance.
    This Charlton, so nobody has any idea about what is going to unfold. 
  • Options
    Our price has just shortened massively been watching it all week.

Ipswich approx. 13/10 us 21/10 all week.
    After line ups announced.
    Ipswich 2/1 us 13/8.

My Ipswich supporting mate said their injury crisis is like nothing he’s ever seen (didn’t wanna be billy two sheds and tell him about ours).

I fancy us now.
  • Options
    I'm surprised Barker isn't in the starting 11 but I'm sure Bows has a reason for it. Would've liked to fill all the sub spots but if they're not gonna play then it's not that important.

I think both teams will score and it will be close but I'll go with a 2-1 win for ua
  • Options
    It's interesting that Levitt had the Coronavirus test because he actually felt ill on Tuesday, whereas most positive cases involving players have been asymptomatic

After a positive test, he'll definitely miss MKD and possibly Shrewsbury as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure what to expect today after the poor performance on Tuesday.
    We normally do very well against opponents higher up the league so I am quietly optimistic. However, someone commented post match against Burton that there maybe some dressing room unrest which could have been behind the performance. I seriously hope not.  
    If we are not fully focused today I cannot see us getting anything from the game. Ipswich should be as a win for them would put them in joint second place in the table. 
    I hope my doubts will be proved wrong and we can return to winning ways coupled with a much improved performance.    

I thought the dressing room unrest stuff was started as a joke?
    One bad performance, where Bows takes off a couple of players because they are not performing and some armchair psychologist makes a comment about 'dressing room unrest' and somehow it becomes a talking point.

I hate the Internet sometimes. 
    That and Maddison going off down the tunnel when he was subbed off.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Could be 3 in the middle, OS says it could be 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or a diamond.
    It could be. I would be slightly surprised if Bowyer put Williams or Morgan in that wide role given that he likes some pace coming in from the wing but I think he’s put Albie there before. I’d be happy if that’s what he decided to do, especially as putting Albie there would give us a bit more defensive shape off the ball 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Very happy to see Chuks and Albie starting. Even though Chuks can't last more than around 60 minutes, I'd much rather he puts us ahead early than being bought on to try and rescue a game towards the end.

Hopefully we put the last two performances to bed with a convincing one today
  • Options
    No centre backs and no one that can tackle in midfield. 

This could get bad. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Pratley should be no where near the back four we do miss him in the middle 
    Pratley is a fine CB at this level. Whether we need him in the middle depends on whether we think Watson is any good there.
    I gather you never see Tuesday game then.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Rubbish to only have 6 subs. Whats Bowyer playing at this time? 
    The team travelled yesterday afternoon, I would think.

Sounds to me Deji travelled but doesn't feel well enough. 

Maybe Washo travelled also but it's been decided not to risk him?
    We are talking about 35 miles away. Double that plus 10 I would say gone yesterday sometimes hold ups on that route. 
  • Options
    Come on chuks we can do this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What’s that - 3 games in a row Pearce been on the bench. He played 60 mins 3 weeks ago.

get him in the line up. I don’t care if he has no right leg, him hopping has to be better than last Tuesdays shitshow!
  • Options
    No centre backs and no one that can tackle in midfield. 

This could get bad. 
    Thats the spirit don't ever change Grumpy, I coudn't cope with it  ;).
  • Options
    Are we now expecting Chuks to last the whole game...doubtful
    so why start him he has proved his worth as a 2nd half Beast.
    Be interesting to see how this goes in the first 45
  • Options
    Not sure what to expect today after the poor performance on Tuesday.
    We normally do very well against opponents higher up the league so I am quietly optimistic. However, someone commented post match against Burton that there maybe some dressing room unrest which could have been behind the performance. I seriously hope not.  
    If we are not fully focused today I cannot see us getting anything from the game. Ipswich should be as a win for them would put them in joint second place in the table. 
    I hope my doubts will be proved wrong and we can return to winning ways coupled with a much improved performance.    

I thought the dressing room unrest stuff was started as a joke?
    It was - but Chinese Whispers means it's FACT.

Nailed On!   :smile:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Pratley is a fine CB at this level. Whether we need him in the middle depends on whether we think Watson is any good there.
    I watched the whole thing. Pratley has played CB numerous times this season and generally done very well. You seem to want to base your opinion on one game. 

Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    I watched the whole thing. Pratley has played CB numerous times this season and generally done very well. You seem to want to base your opinion on one game. 
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    We let In four goals against bottom of the league Not good enough end of plus we had 2 yes 2 center half’s on the bench Tuesday night you play players in there right position.
  • Options
    bowyer doesn’t learn sometimes. I know he sees them in training but Pearce has to start after tuesday
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:

Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    Leuth said:
    cazo said:
    We let In four goals against bottom of the league Not good enough end of plus we had 2 yes 2 center half’s on the bench Tuesday night you play players in there right position.
    Football doesn’t work like that, sometimes players have to play in another position.

No doubt if Bowyer played Barker with Pearce and we lost by a few the rule would be to only play those who are fully fit or to never play a teenager at CB in a big game.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!