Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Gallen at Bromley Addicks

13»

Comments

• Options
    If you’re doing a critical meeting no substitute for a long Ethernet cable to the router, I think you get 50m before serious attenuation kicks in
  • Options
    Amis was there to fill in the trench.
  • Options
    Appreciate the write up HI. Very interesting.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for the write-ups. 

I dont understand the meaning or insinutiation behind Amis being at the training ground? 
  • Options
    Thanks @Henry Irving your recall is still as astounding as ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Part three

On recruitment and the team.

"It's an area we need to improve"

When he came we had six p/t scouts on contracts but they wouldn't scout outside their areas so now just has one scout but he will go anywhere.

LB is a big help with the scouting but it's hard to go to games at the moment do Covid crowd restrictions but he gets help from contacts to get to games eg Bristol Rovers v Chelsea U21 the Chelsea guys got him in.

He gets 20 messages a day and filtering them is tedious but he uses the analysts to filter them

SG gave an example of U23 player's dad who rang him this week to say that he seen a player he should look at.  He doesn't really know the dad but will check the player out.

During the meeting @sage asked is SG was aware of Ellis Simms at Everton.  SG said he wasn't but would have a look so watch this space.
    Come on, I bet the dad is a poster on here...must be feeling chuffed with himself that his tip is being checked out🙂
  • Options
    I like the Ellis Simms suggestion a lot. I don’t think it’s likely to happen given that he’s featuring in the Everton matchday squads semi regularly. That’s likely to become even more common now with the expanded subs bench.

I suppose you can always ask the question and worst case scenario you get turned down. I’d also be very surprised if Gallen had never heard of him, he’s not exactly going under the radar in youth football.
  • Options
    I love the bit about Karl Robinson thinking Kieffer Moore is useless!
  • Options
    It was a cracking couple of hours and the second time I have heard SG at a Bromley Addicks meeting.  He really is so impressive and talks so well.  I hope he is with us a very long time.  Last time round I think he came along (b4 Covid so physically) with Marshall?  Marshall was also excellent.

Ever since I first heard him, I have said that with Bowyer, Jackson, Marshall and Gallen we have an incredible 4some.  Add to that Euell and Avory at the youth level, Tracey Leaburn as player liaison and now Sandgaard and Roddy running the club.

Then you have the likes of CAST and the Museum Trustees on the fans side.   The CACT in the charitable/community side.  Plus finally the leaders like Pratley and Pearce in the team.

We have some awesome people at the club currently, there really is very little to moan about and hopefully we have the building blocks to go places.
    Well said.
  • Options
    It was a cracking couple of hours and the second time I have heard SG at a Bromley Addicks meeting.  He really is so impressive and talks so well.  I hope he is with us a very long time.  Last time round I think he came along (b4 Covid so physically) with Marshall?  Marshall was also excellent.

Ever since I first heard him, I have said that with Bowyer, Jackson, Marshall and Gallen we have an incredible 4some.  Add to that Euell and Avory at the youth level, Tracey Leaburn as player liaison and now Sandgaard and Roddy running the club.

Then you have the likes of CAST and the Museum Trustees on the fans side.   The CACT in the charitable/community side.  Plus finally the leaders like Pratley and Pearce in the team.

We have some awesome people at the club currently, there really is very little to moan about and hopefully we have the building blocks to go places.
    I agree about the museum trustees but bit over the top otherwise

😉
  • Options
    I like the Ellis Simms suggestion a lot. I don’t think it’s likely to happen given that he’s featuring in the Everton matchday squads semi regularly. That’s likely to become even more common now with the expanded subs bench.

I suppose you can always ask the question and worst case scenario you get turned down. I’d also be very surprised if Gallen had never heard of him, he’s not exactly going under the radar in youth football.
    Gallen said he hadn’t, so wrote his name down to look into him. Whether in the moment he didn’t recognise but he had in fact heard of him, we’ll never know really.

Simms certainly needs a loan into the Football League, and am serious that I think he could be excellent, but whether we ever go in for him is another matter altogether. But boy, he is a goalscorer.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Cheers Henry for the minutes of the meeting with Steve Gallen.

Unfortunately I got the email about the meeting and wrote questions but not the follow up email with the Zoom meeting ID and password ? Was there a limit on attendees ?

My first question mentioned  Ronnie Swartz's and wondered who spotted that potential deal which nearly came to fruition.
    Interesting that it was Thomas Sandgaard.
    As long as TS doesn't suggest a keeper who can't catch a football then no problem.

Great guest.
  • Options
    Have you just got details of the next Zoom meeting SBS ? If so you are the list. If not send an email to tony.warran@btinternet.com and I will sort it,