Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bands/Artists you never got to see.

13»

Comments

• Options
    AC/DC with Bon Scott would’ve been decent.
    They were. Another excellent showman. 
  • Options
    The Doors.
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Too young for many of the acts I like now: those I regret not making the effort to see in no particular order

Johnny Cash (actually this is probably my biggest regret, when he reinvented himself after Rick Rubin, he played here and I was too preoccupied with other stuff to sort out seeing him)
    Leonard Cohen
    Bobby Womack (he was due to play at a festival I had tickets for when he died)
    David Bowie 
    Eric Bogle
    Kate Bush
    Dolly Parton
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    firehose

There are almost certainly loads more but I don't really want to dwell on regrets. And obviously for some of them it's not too late, part of the problem is I'm not a fan of very large venues. 

I was lucky enough to see Eric Bogle a few times in Glasgow folk clubs, some brilliant songs and a very engaging guy.

As far as who I wished I had seen I agree about Bob Marley, others would be Gram Parsons, Grand Champeen and Ian Dury.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    The Clash
    The Who (with Keith Moon)
    The Kinks
    Queen (with Freddie)
    Aztec Camera

Saw all of these, all of these were great other than obviously Queen.

Never saw and wish I had:
    Velvet underground (did see Lou Reed)
    The Band
    The Wailers

Lucky you, I've updated my list with a couple i stole from yours. I love Nico, but i love Transformer more.

What is it with your hatred of Queen? Is it Brian May's hair?
    I saw Queen at Hyde Park in 1975.  The light show was good.
  • Options
    It’s just been announced that Simply Red are coming to Copenhagen next December. Not a massive fan of Hucknell but I quite enjoy their music if I’m honest and the venue is great (ticket price reasonable too).

Has anyone here seen them live before? Are they decent? 

• Options
    It’s just been announced that Simply Red are coming to Copenhagen next December. Not a massive fan of Hucknell but I quite enjoy their music if I’m honest and the venue is great (ticket price reasonable too).

Not seen Simply Red but saw Mick Hucknall play with Jeff Beck a few years ago at a charity gig at Kenney Jones (Small Faces/Faces/The Who) polo club. He also sang Stay With Me with an all star band.

Like you, not a massive fan of him but he can certainly belt out a tune.
  • Options

I saw them about 5 years ago and found them quite boring.
    But if you like Simply Red/Mick Hucknall you should enjoy it, as his voice was still good (5 yrs ago).
  • Options
    The Specials
    ABBA
    Bad Manners *
    Human League *
    Blondie *
    * Saw these when they reformed, Bad Manners were a disgrace, they turned up late for the gig.   Human League are the best band live, their encore is always Electric Dreams(a bit like I have for Susan Ann Sulley).
    One of the best gigs I have even been to was in the mid 90's at Wembley Arena, Gary Glitter supported by Village People.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    The Clash
    The Who (with Keith Moon)
    The Kinks
    Queen (with Freddie)
    Aztec Camera

Saw all of these, all of these were great other than obviously Queen.

Never saw and wish I had:
    Velvet underground (did see Lou Reed)
    The Band
    The Wailers

Lucky you, I've updated my list with a couple i stole from yours. I love Nico, but i love Transformer more.

What is it with your hatred of Queen? Is it Brian May's hair?
    I saw Queen at Hyde Park in 1975.  The light show was good.
    I was also there, if I remember rightly it was free and you just turned up?
  • Options
    Main one for me of who I could of seen but didn't (i.e. were still around when I was a live) was Queen with FM.