Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham v Charlton | Saturday 21st November | Match Preview... **** 1PM KICK OFF****

Comments

• Another great piece from Ollie.

Ged Roddy absolutely hit the nail on the head - “This club has been hollowed out from the inside by the previous owners”.

I don’t think our very own demi-god, Thomas, has a particularly high opinion of the odious Farnell. As well as getting it off our collective chests, it will hopefully impact upon Farnell’s attempts to worm his way into another club. 
  • Blucher said:
    Another great piece from Ollie.

Ged Roddy absolutely hit the nail on the head - “This club has been hollowed out from the inside by the previous owners”.

I don’t think our very own demi-god, Thomas, has a particularly high opinion of the odious Farnell. As well as getting it off our collective chests, it will hopefully impact upon Farnell’s attempts to worm his way into another club. 
    Is this on the right thread?
  • Just about: ‘The Preview Show: Gillingham’
  • We’re going to be too strong for them. I’d like to see 3 or 4 nil. 
  • clive said:

1905: The Preview Show | Gillingham (a)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bIvVcqiTc
    Seconds after the end of the video, Ollie crashed the Range Rover into a lamppost, writing it off  :D
  • A lot of confidence on here and rightly so. Lets balance it with a bit of pessimism. Fleetwood probably deserved something in our last match and Gillingham often are difficult to beat. Still think we might struggle for goals this season. 0-0 and a bit frustrating.
  • clive said:

1905: The Preview Show | Gillingham (a)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bIvVcqiTc
    Seconds after the end of the video, Ollie crashed the Range Rover into a lamppost, writing it off  :D
    Actually he ran over Chuks Aneke's foot. Big man is now out for a month.
  • I'd love to see him start bogle and aneke up front against the caravan club. I reckon they would bully there two centre halves all game. 3 nil win I hope 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted we're missing going to this one. Always a good atmosphere there, even though it means sitting out in the open, which in late November might not have been too much fun. Recent results there have favoured us, but I remember going there in the FA Cup when in the Prem & losing after going in front.

I don't think either Pearce or Maddison will start & expect Gunter or Pratley to be in the back 4. No idea about the midfield or up front & wont be surprised if Bows does one of his tricks & selects a team/formation that no-one expects.

0-2 to the mighty reds.......and just fecking hope we play in red this time.
  • Morgan deserves his start for me and I hope bowyer rewards him with it
    if he does I can see this being the team

Amos
                    Gunter                   innis 
    Matthews.             Pratley.            Maartsen.         
                    Watson.            Morgan. 
                                Shinnie 
                    Washington.     Bogle 

subs :  Maynard-brewer. Pearce  Purrington Forster-caskey Maddison smyth Aneke 

Aneke for bogle 60mins 
    Forster caskey for Morgan 70mins
    Purrington for pratley 80 mins 
    Washington for smyth 80mins 

2-1 win shinnie and Aneke 
    Really like that team
  • 2-0 Charlton and every other promotion hopeful team will start on the mental back foot when they next play us. Starting with Ipswich.
  • I don't think we have really got going yet. But the players we have, and the depth for the level we are in has started to give us results. This is what you would expect at this level, where if you keep putting the ball in the right areas, you will score. And if you defend well, other teams will find it hard to do so.

If the team is getting better as it becomes more familiar and fitter, we should expect the same results with more commanding performances. We also need to factor in that many sides have not got the resources to have big squads and Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday is going to increasingly work in the favour of teams that do.

I would expect Gillingham to come out hard at us, but if we stay strong, we will take control and eventually win this comfortably. 
  • This is one of those games that worry me. When almost every Charlton fan expects a comfortable win, that's usually when we put in a shocker and fuck it up.

Hopefully this side is different though, and with the 5 subs rule now in play we have a lot of options. I think we'll edge it 2-1.
  • Feeling strangely confident about us at the moment and the Pompey game could be a seminal point in our fortunes this year. Almost a fully fit, confident, rested squad, and lots of permutations for Bowyer to use during the game if required.

0-3

What could possibly go wrong..? 
  • Slight boredom, alongside our current squad and Bow's enthusiasm has got me quite excited for this game. Come on you reds!
  • Anyone trying to buy. pass at the moment? Just tried a few times with different cards and it keeps saying processing error
  • Anyone trying to buy. pass at the moment? Just tried a few times with different cards and it keeps saying processing error
    Think that refers to the Range Rover. EML is on.
  • As a resident of Medway I can confirm its a bit grey and miserable down here

Weather isn't too bad though
  • Sponsored links:

Your sister is your mother, your father is your brother...

Your sister is your mother, your father is your brother...
    Thankfully I'm born and bred from Bexleyheath so dont have to worry about counting relatives on my eleven fingers
  • glad I decided to read the preview, didn't realise it was a 1pm kick off. Let's hope our new 55" TV arrives early tomorrow so I can set it up in time.
    Just altered the thread title, wouldn't want anyone else missing it.
  • I have a sneaky suspicion that Gillingham are going to get something from this game.

Battered.

Shinnie with the opener, Bogle to get overdue reward for all his hard work for the team before half-time, Maddy with a 25-yarder in the second half, before Lord Bowyer unleashes the Kraken in the last 20 mins with Mount Chuks monstering the centre-backs, making them cry like 3-year-old kids who have just had a severe telling off from dad, and bagging the fourth.

In a final, dramatic, twist the "Big Geezer" explodes with rage at the final whistle and collapses in on himself under the weight of his own gravitational field, creating a black hole at the Judas Priestfield Stadium from which no football can ever escape.
  • Would like to see Maddison and Morgan playing a part today. Pearce on the bench and can’t see him getting on.
  • Jason Pearce next to Jacko?
  • Is it a requirement they walk in outdoor public areas with a mask on?! 
  • We’ve got 10 matches between now and NYD. Rotation will be vital for Bowyer. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Morgan or Vennings starting today.