Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton | Saturday 21st November | Match Preview... **** 1PM KICK OFF****

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to tuning in on this with my lucky Range Rover winning stream. Going with a 2-0, think we'll huff and puff a little in the first half, then finish strong after some good subs. Can't see Maddison starting yet myself, think Bows will use him as an impact sub. Would be interested

Amos
    Matthew - Gunter - Inniss - Maatsen
    Watson
    Morgan - Forster Caskey
    Shinnie
    Bogle - Smyth

Aneke, Maddison, Pratley, Purrington all used as subs
  • Options
    Thanks for the informative preview @ForeverAddickted . 

I'm excited about this one and hoping for a good win. A 0-2 victory will do but I am getting caught up in everyone else's euphoria. I think it might go so far as a crazy 0-4 with Gillingham's "big geezer" hopping mad and foaming at the mouth just out of his technical area.
  • Options
    Another tricky game in my opinion, they will step up their game because its us and will want to prove a point! I think, however, we will have enough to win it, but it'll be another battle.....1-2 Addicks.
  • Options
                          Amos

Matthews - Inis - Pearce - Maatsen

Watson
                 Pratley - Morgan
                        Shinnie

Bogle - Smyth

3-0 to Charlton. Shinnie, Pratley & Morgan
  • Options
    1-1 if I can’t get the stream running, 2-1 to Gillingham if I do....you have been warned 
  • Options
                          Amos

Matthews - Inis - Pearce - Maatsen

Watson
                 Pratley - Morgan
                        Shinnie

Bogle - Smyth

3-0 to Charlton. Shinnie, Pratley & Morgan
    Closer to this I think. Anyone who thinks we won't be seeing Pratley and Watson in the middle, is in dreamland!
  • Options
    glad I decided to read the preview, didn't realise it was a 1pm kick off. Let's hope our new 55" TV arrives early tomorrow so I can set it up in time.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Great, honest interview from Bowyer. It has been shared before but thought it's worth re-sharing.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5fb6a5687bcd4/bowyer-on-saturdays-game-against-gillingham-steve-evans-international-break-and-injuries
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have to confess I have been frothing at the mouth with febrile anticipation about watching this fixture on my old laptop with its dodgy screen which is a good indication of how drab Lockdown II, The Sequel is going for me.

Is anyone except me locked down by the way or is that on the other thread where no one mentions the 57,000 dead people or the fifth worst per capita death rate in the world?

Ticking off the seconds to kick off  and bloody Christmas of course, while quietly going bonkers.

• Options
    Gillingham 1 v CAFC 4 .. as we really start to put our stamp on this league for this season
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Looking at most people's team, seems Bogle may have cemented himself as the leader of our front line for now?
    For me, Aneke starts on Tuesday night against Burton. Bowyer said now he knows Chuks can start games so would expect him and Bogle to be rotated during this period of games.
  • Options
    I'm expecting an attritional game from the opposition, although that's purely a reflection of my inherent prejudice against Gillingham and Evans, rather than anything else, such as any knowledge of how they actually play. As we know, League 1 gets very little media coverage and there is major squad churn each year - for example, two of our former players, Brandon Hanlon and Regan Charles-Cook, left the Gills in the summer (another reason why these Match Previews are so interesting). At least the weather forecast for the Medway Riviera is ok - dry with a moderate breeze - so hopefully we'll be able to get the ball down and play some football.

Lee certainly has some decisions to make on team selection and he'll be pleased about that, given that we're back on the Saturday/midweek treadmill for the next two weeks. The imminent return of Pearce, Oshilaja and (in a week or two) Gilbey is very timely, given the eight games coming up between 2 December and 2 January (I think it would have been nine, but for us and Ipswich both going out of the Cup and slotting the match in next Saturday).

More difficult than ever to predict the starting 11. I think that Gunter will probably slot in alongside Inniss with Matthews at right back. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Watson and Pratters start, with the latter dropping into a back three from time to time to get our full backs high up the pitch. I doubt that both Albie and Maddison will start but who knows. Up front, Bogle looks sure to play, perhaps alongside Chuks for an hour if Lee wants to give Washington some recovery time on the bench. Conor played a substantial chunk of all three Northern Ireland games and maybe a breather wouldn't go amiss, given that we have another game on Tuesday.

Really looking forward to this one after the break from league action.
  • Options
    Evans may have lost it a bit. Says we were recently in the Prem.
    Obviously trying to motivate his players, but you have to try and keep it in the realms of reality.
  • Options
    Looks like we're going to have quite a strong team out. MM to start his first league game I reckon. Bit of a bogey team but I think we'll beat them comfortably.. 4-1 with 3 in the second half. 
  • Options
    Morgan deserves his start for me and I hope bowyer rewards him with it
    if he does I can see this being the team

Amos
                    Gunter                   innis 
    Matthews.             Pratley.            Maartsen.         
                    Watson.            Morgan. 
                                Shinnie 
                    Washington.     Bogle 

subs :  Maynard-brewer. Pearce  Purrington Forster-caskey Maddison smyth Aneke 

Aneke for bogle 60mins 
    Forster caskey for Morgan 70mins
    Purrington for pratley 80 mins 
    Washington for smyth 80mins 

2-1 win shinnie and Aneke 
  • Options
    Anyone know if the 5 subs rule comes with the same restrictions as last season that you can only make 3 stoppages in-game?
  • Options
    To be fair to Evans, this season Gillingham have quite a young, inexperienced side, Evans is definitely having to work with a low budget
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems like a few people are going for a 4-0 victory
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I noticed Jonny Williams in that footage. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I noticed Jonny Williams in that footage. 
    That was a divot.
  • Options
    I actually wouldn’t be surprised at all if Pearce starts. The fact he has played 60 minutes on Tuesday and is in full training with the team seems to suggest he could be involved tomorrow. He is our captain after all. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I actually wouldn’t be surprised at all if Pearce starts. The fact he has played 60 minutes on Tuesday and is in full training with the team seems to suggest he could be involved tomorrow. He is our captain after all. 
    Cmon Sage... He's in my line-up - Its gunna happen ;)
  • Options
    I want to be in that number
    but Bo-ris won’t let me in. 

These are the matches we have to win if we want promotion, a draw is not enough. 
    Thanks for the preview. 
    Result 0-2. 
  • Options
    Go there , get the job done and put the pressure on the others.