Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thomas to lose £20m this season

Comments

• Options
    Thomas’ son Martin told me that they’ve spent over 100k on a machine that monitors muscle injuries, mainly hamstrings - apparently we were judging muscle injuries by the naked eye before. I’m paraphrasing of course but that’s the gist of it. 

We’re also looking to buy a striker in January, strongly hinted its Ronnie Schwartz. 
    A promotion chasing team strengthening their squad in the January window? Thomas must be up to his cheap tricks again eh Elliottttt?
  • Options
    As long as Schwartz doesn't bring his pet mink with him.

Great to hear about the monitor. @Sage what does this mean?
  • Options
    Schwartz will most likely be very rusty come January with little of no competitive football till then!?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Schwartz will most likely be very rusty come January with little of no competitive football till then!?
    True, but it's not like before under Roland where we signed players and had no choice but to chuck them in. This time round we've got options up front so we can take our time with him. Lot of football to be played (especially if we get him in early January rather than the usual last minute stuff!). 
  • Options
    Thomas’ son Martin told me that they’ve spent over 100k on a machine that monitors muscle injuries, mainly hamstrings - apparently we were judging muscle injuries by the naked eye before. I’m paraphrasing of course but that’s the gist of it.  
    I heard they were using crystals and a magic stick
  • Options

Schwartz bringing his pet lizard instead
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    True, but it's not like before under Roland where we signed players and had no choice but to chuck them in. This time round we've got options up front so we can take our time with him. Lot of football to be played (especially if we get him in early January rather than the usual last minute stuff!). 
    I have noticed a pattern that any player that we follow/pursue over a long time always turns out to be a dud. My gut instinct with Schwartz remains so too, in the Hemed mould. I hope not, and if he turns up he just finishes anything that drops in the box!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    I have noticed a pattern that any player that we follow/pursue over a long time always turns out to be a dud. My gut instinct with Schwartz remains so too, in the Hemed mould. I hope not, and if he turns up he just finishes anything that drops in the box!
    Such as?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hemed, Kayal, Ajose, Novak spring to my mind.

Not being a misog, just my bets on how things might pan out in signing a player who didn't fancy joining us for the season, then joins half way through, despite playing zero competitive games. Bows has mentioned some players are now gelling like they've had a pre-season. Schwartz would be doing so in a new Country, club, home from December. 

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Spray him with some WD40 and he'll be alright.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    mendonca said:

Not being a misog, just my bets on how things might pan out in signing a player who didn't fancy joining us for the season, then joins half way through, despite playing zero competitive games. Bows has mentioned some players are now gelling like they've had a pre-season. Schwartz would be doing so in a new Country, club, home from December. 

Did we pursue Hemed and Kayal over a long period of time?
  • Options
    mendonca said:

None of those joined mid season.
  • Options
    The main thing we happy with Thomas.
  • Options

Without seeing it, couldn’t give you any kind of accurate response.

As a complete, but ever so slightly educated guess, the machine could connect up like a heart ECG for example. But this one would measure things like tension changes, response and reflex changes within the muscle etc, all to be able to predict how the muscle is behaving, which will give a far better and accurate prognosis. I guess, in turn it could also give a better diagnosis if we have a player who is injured.

Now you have made me curious, so I’ve had a little look and to kind of support what my guess is, I’ve found this below.... it would then connect to a monitor which would present a range of data to be analysed. I highly doubt it’s anything like this though, it’s probably far more state of the art, and gives an even clearer reading. It might even have a scanning element to it, that would help.

Ultimately, the fact that the medical department are getting these devices, having a bit of money spent on it, will always improve our chances of having as many players fit and ready to play.

• Options

We’re also looking to buy a striker in January, strongly hinted its Ronnie Schwartz. 
    This must be one of the cheap tricks that Elliot was referring too
  • Options
    Thanks, @Sage

Give the guys the tools they need to do their job seems a simple rule to follow.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Sage

Give the guys the tools they need to do their job seems a simple rule to follow.
    Seems like a great idea. Makes you wonder why it hasn’t happened before now... at least we have Thomas, he likes to simplify things and gets it done. This to me, seems like another excellent example of how the smaller changes he’ll make within the club can make the biggest improvements.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    mendonca said:
    Never nice to have a rusty Schwartz.

He's certainly still been working hard for their reserves though. Playing 2 games this season :/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:

No reference was made to them having joined mid season. As said just a personal view on signing somebody out of action from competitive football for so long. We've seen from Maddison that it can take some time to hit the ground running. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:

No reference was made to them having joined mid season. As said just a personal view on signing somebody out of action from competitive football for so long. We've seen from Maddison that it can take some time to hit the ground running. 
    "signing a player who didn't fancy joining us for the season, then joins half way through,"
  • Options
    Nice try ;) , that extract is not from the original post (9.39am) @Henry Irving
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    No it was in your reply when I asked for examples, none of which met your own criteria 
  • Options
    Up to £20m is a major commitment, even by a wealthy businessman like Thomas Sandgaard. I don't know obviously, but I suspect this is not small change for Thomas and he obviously wants to be able to make the club successful and maybe recover his investment longer run. With Duchatelet we really couldn't have expected any less of him. With Sandgaard, we cannot expect any more.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    But you've also changed your argument, because you said players we have tracked for long periods of time. Pretty sure Kayal and Hemed (who you are directly comparing Schwartz to) were signed last minute because we needed to fill gaps in the squad. That was the general pattern under Roland that we had to sign players like Parker at the end of the window just to get someone through the door. Schwartz is clearly different as we tried to sign him and it didn't work out, looks like we might try again. Novak and Ajose were duds but were signed because of their form the previous season, sometimes that just happens, look at Torres at Chelsea. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Thanks, @Sage

Seems like a great idea. Makes you wonder why it hasn’t happened before now... at least we have Thomas, he likes to simplify things and gets it done. This to me, seems like another excellent example of how the smaller changes he’ll make within the club can make the biggest improvements.
    In recent times we haven’t been able to spend £100k on a player never mind a piece of medical kit. These are the small relatively unnoticed changes that are ultimately going to move the club forward. Wasn’t there a couple of top notch lawnmowers for Sparrows ? Getting every aspect of the club on a sound footing will take a bit of time but I have little doubt TS will get there sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    But you've also changed your argument, because you said players we have tracked for long periods of time. Pretty sure Kayal and Hemed (who you are directly comparing Schwartz to) were signed last minute because we needed to fill gaps in the squad. That was the general pattern under Roland that we had to sign players like Parker at the end of the window just to get someone through the door. Schwartz is clearly different as we tried to sign him and it didn't work out, looks like we might try again. Novak and Ajose were duds but were signed because of their form the previous season, sometimes that just happens, look at Torres at Chelsea. 
    Yes, looking back my points of reasoning are all over the shop.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Sage

Having the right tool for the job always saves time, effort and improves the chances of satisfactory outcomes.
    Pin on Mother Distracted Blog

money well spent
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Thanks, @Sage

In recent times we haven’t been able to spend £100k on a player never mind a piece of medical kit. These are the small relatively unnoticed changes that are ultimately going to move the club forward. Wasn’t there a couple of top notch lawnmowers for Sparrows ? Getting every aspect of the club on a sound footing will take a bit of time but I have little doubt TS will get there sooner rather than later.
    I was actually being sarcastic, it was a throw away comment in a way. However, Roland always had the money to invest in the medical team and new equipment, he chose not to.