Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Chief resigns

Comments

• Options
    The day we can just accept we are all homo Sapiens will be the day we make progress.

Ok homo's ? No doesn't sound appropriate.
    Ok you sap's ? Sounds problematical.
    Some of you doughnuts are Neanderthals;
    It doesn't make you a bad person, but try to lose deep rooted prejudices which are so deeply ingrained that it subconsciously affects how you view other humans.

Clarke was like the player who commits 10 fouls and receives 2 yellow cards. In an industry that appears to have so many Black, mixed Race and players of different genders and sexual orientation, he had to go.

Whoever is the new FA chief in 2020, can't be clumsy with words. There are some strong black candidates but I hope the best man or woman gets the Job. This is unlikely because the FA panel who select, may well be the most unrepresenative people possible.

Here lies the problem.
  • Options
    One day if we don’t all kill ourselves or our planet we will all be mixed race but I’m sure we will still be abusive and racist to each other 
  • Options
    The day we can just accept we are all homo Sapiens will be the day we make progress.

Ok homo's ? No doesn't sound appropriate.
    Ok you sap's ? Sounds problematical.
    Some of you doughnuts are Neanderthals;
    It doesn't make you a bad person, but try to lose deep rooted prejudices which are so deeply ingrained that it subconsciously affects how you view other humans.

Clarke was like the player who commits 10 fouls and receives 2 yellow cards. In an industry that appears to have so many Black, mixed Race and players of different genders and sexual orientation, he had to go.

Whoever is the new FA chief in 2020, can't be clumsy with words. There are some strong black candidates but I hope the best man or woman gets the Job. This is unlikely because the FA panel who select, may well be the most unrepresenative people possible.

Here lies the problem.
    If they are deeply ingrained then that is pure upbringing, we are not hard wired to be bigots. It has the ability to be changed in a generation.

Education is also key, and not just Black History, although that is important. We all, every single one of us, have black history - we all came out of Africa, and really not that long ago.
  • Options
    The black slave trade was not just white people trading slaves but black people as well.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    i was playing football last week - centre mid - 2 of us up against the other 2 centre mids - in the heat of the moment when trying to communicate with my co midfielder i said pick up the dark fella - i thought at the time have i said something wrong - i genuinely thought should i have said dark, black, coloured... I felt dark was 'softer' than saying black but god knows really. The other player had zero problem with it because he was a sensible chap and knew there was zero racist intent - there is a massive difference between using certain language and being racist - tbh I've got no views whatsoever on greg whatisname and can see how he is probably not the right bloke in this day and age but jesus christ, when is this treading on eggshells and denying common sense going to be put in check - its not about what people think, its all about saying accepted stuff = a load of bollox. 
    Exactly the sort of complacent, careless fuckwittery that Clarke is guilty of.
    Why not "you pick up the number 8, I'll get number 10"?
    The fact you see this bloke and the colour of his face is the thing you settle on as your reference point damns you.
    Refusing to comprehend the issue, doubles down on the offense.
    We can't be "colourblind", insofar as we see the fact of his colour.  If we're not racist we choose to act colourblind.  It's a choice, pure and simple.  Any trouble experienced in avoiding certain language or assumptions is the result of deep seated, unchallenged bigotry.  You can change your behaviour, if you're sincere, in no time it becomes 2nd nature, you can overcome your conditioning, it's a choice.
    I hear bleating about people's age "it was different when I was growing up" that's hollow complacent appeasement for bigotry. I was exposed to all that same conditioning - the street I grew up on had one non-white household in 70; 6 years in primary school (in the 70's) -1 black girl the whole time I was there; 7 years in secondary school maybe 2 dozen non-white boys in the 1500 or so that passed through - active hostility was almost unheard of but all the racist tropes, generalisations, language were common parlance.  I just don't repeat it, I can't remember when I did - I must have done cos 'back then' it would not have been challenged, but no more.
    "certain language" is racist.
    This is uncomfortable reading, I'm sure, but you'll get no apology from me.
    Any shrugging it off, 'oh it was a slip of the tongue', appeasement or equivocation leaves room for the bigotry to persist, oxygen for it to thrive.

complete prat as always - in the heat of the moment, you don't know the guy's number, he's just come on its a choice of black or dark to quickly identity him - i chose the latter thinking it was softer as i say, complete prat as always - i have black family, friends etc etc so don't for one minute think you know what you're talking about - go back to your mindless rants 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Off_it said:
    Sorry, but what the fuck has slave trading got to do with the chairman of the FA resigning?

Please, someone just make this stop!

We've moved on. Perhaps you should get out of your historical bubble and do the same. It's not Wednesday anymore.
  • Options
    The django django film I think portrayed this I thought this was a hard hitting film and disturbing that we can treat people like this what ever the colour of there skin.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    It’s sad to see the same old racists revealing themselves over and over again. 
    And still claims of freedom of speech. 
    & the same self righteous pricks that think their view is the only view 

spot on - sheep who are told what to think - ignore them
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i was playing football last week - centre mid - 2 of us up against the other 2 centre mids - in the heat of the moment when trying to communicate with my co midfielder i said pick up the dark fella - i thought at the time have i said something wrong - i genuinely thought should i have said dark, black, coloured... I felt dark was 'softer' than saying black but god knows really. The other player had zero problem with it because he was a sensible chap and knew there was zero racist intent - there is a massive difference between using certain language and being racist - tbh I've got no views whatsoever on greg whatisname and can see how he is probably not the right bloke in this day and age but jesus christ, when is this treading on eggshells and denying common sense going to be put in check - its not about what people think, its all about saying accepted stuff = a load of bollox. 
    The fact you see this bloke and the colour of his face is the thing you settle on as your reference point damns you.
    We can't be "colourblind", insofar as we see the fact of his colour.  If we're not racist we choose to act colourblind.  It's a choice, pure and simple.  Any trouble experienced in avoiding certain language or assumptions is the result of deep seated, unchallenged bigotry.  You can change your behaviour, if you're sincere, in no time it becomes 2nd nature, you can overcome your conditioning, it's a choice.
    I hear bleating about people's age "it was different when I was growing up" that's hollow complacent appeasement for bigotry. I was exposed to all that same conditioning - the street I grew up on had one non-white household in 70; 6 years in primary school (in the 70's) -1 black girl the whole time I was there; 7 years in secondary school maybe 2 dozen non-white boys in the 1500 or so that passed through - active hostility was almost unheard of but all the racist tropes, generalisations, language were common parlance.  I just don't repeat it, I can't remember when I did - I must have done cos 'back then' it would not have been challenged, but no more.
    Any shrugging it off, 'oh it was a slip of the tongue', appeasement or equivocation leaves room for the bigotry to persist, oxygen for it to thrive.

complete prat as always - in the heat of the moment, you don't know the guy's number, he's just come on its a choice of black or dark to quickly identity him - i chose the latter thinking it was softer as i say, complete prat as always - i have black family, friends etc etc so don't for one minute think you know what you're talking about - go back to your mindless rants 

used to work with a bloke who was so scared of his own shadow that when i asked him what the new project manager looked like, all he could come up with was 'mousy' - when i got to site and met her she was a 30 stone Indian woman!!! I rest my case.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Sorry, but what the fuck has slave trading got to do with the chairman of the FA resigning?

We've moved on. Perhaps you should get out of your historical bubble and do the same. It's not Wednesday anymore.
    Wtf? 

And it sounds like some people havent moved on at all.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:

Please someone, advise Off it to stop opening the thread!
    Oh fuck off
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:

Please someone, advise Off it to stop opening the thread!
    Oh fuck off
    OK
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No see your seeing what you want to see black people traded black slaves there own black people for money and greed it wasn’t just white slave traders there were black slave traders  too  
  • Options
    No see your seeing what you want to see black people traded black slaves there own black people for money and greed it wasn’t just white slave traders there were black slave traders  too  

I would say some punctuation would help me make sense of this but, with the absolute bullshit over the past couple of pages, I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    Interesting debate, but bringing it back to the present day and a replacement for Clarke; who would be a progressive FA Chief who can represents the myriad of folk who play, coach, watch, ref and partake in this crazy game of football ?

Paul Elliott ? (No not Elliottt !)
  • Options
    I couldn’t believe it when he said he had grown up kids. They look like they’ve been written by a 7 year old. I haven’t managed to get to the end of any of his posts as they’re so difficult to read.
  • Options
    Thank you baldy for confirming so I write like a 7 year but your like a 7 old trying to give me a history lesson that you haven’t got a clue about.go on the internet and look up some history. Young man 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    My worry is what does he say/think off screen?
    If a tree falls down in a wood and nobody is there, does it make a sound?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

used to work with a bloke who was so scared of his own shadow that when i asked him what the new project manager looked like, all he could come up with was 'mousy' - when i got to site and met her she was a 30 stone Indian woman!!! I rest my case.
    Are you sure he didn't say 'housey' (as in size of)?
  • Options
    LBaldybonce said:
    bobmunro said:
    The black slave trade was not just white people trading slaves but black people as well.
    Were white people traded as slaves?
    Yes they were.
    Barbary slavers travelled as far north as Iceland raiding for slaves. The village of Baltimore in Ireland was completely cleared out.
    Pubs in the west country are often named the Turks head. Raiding Arab slavers were beheaded when caught.
    Completely true.
    I live in this village.
    We even have an Algiers Inn.
    re opened this year by Americans.
    Managed a Carlsberg in the beer garden before the latest lockdown.
  • Options
    Those stones werent taken to Stonehenge by gainfully employed people earning the minimum wage.....