Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Fleetwood Town | Tuesday 3rd November 2020 | Post Match thread

After Purrington got us an early goal and Washington put us 2-0 just after the half hour, two quick goals in reply from Fleetwood meant a degree of twitchiness at half time, but a penalty won by Morgan and scored by Washington was enough to get us the three points, even if it did require a concerted rearguard action for much of the second half.
Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Spoilt our fun there
  • Options
    Washington dark horse for league 1 top scorer !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it bad that I fear I’m mostly going to remember Bowyers reign for the last 10-minutes of headless chickenism and players shitting themselves as any game that we’re not losing edges to a close?
  • Options
    Hoof it football doesn’t suit us. We are so much better with the ball. 3 more points going towards getting out of this fucking orriible league. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Is it bad that I fear I’m mostly going to remember Bowyers reign for the last 10-minutes of headless chickenism and players shitting themselves as any game that we’re not losing edges to a close?
    I do wish we adopted some sort of alternative approach. I don't just think this is Bowyer though. We've always seemed to have done it no matter who the manager is
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    aliwibble said:
    After Purrington got us an early goal and Washington put us 2-0 just after the half hour, two quick goals in reply from Fleetwood meant a degree of twitchiness at half time, but a penalty won by Morgan and scored by Washington was enough to get us the three points, even if it did require a concerted rearguard action for much of the second half.
    Your thoughts?
    That's one hell of a single sentence, Ali.

Impressed.  :smile:

She's back to a 5/10, just like that
  • Options
    Best team we’ve faced by some distance. That’s the kind of win that gets you promoted, bar the opening 25 it wasn’t pretty but we had a huge set back and came back from it. Great win. 
    Evans looked lethal. 
  • Options
    Another win and good hard worked performance, shows another 
    side of our game we have improved on, regaining the lead and
    initiative, and seeing out the game with all that added time.
    Great performance lads, get in COYR  :)