Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Amazingly nothing on bbc yet
  • Options
    It’s on the BBC News home page 
  • Options
    it's on sky
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    It’s on the BBC News home page 
    At last! Not very quick on their ‘breaking news’
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Appalling wish those injured a speedy recovery and RIP if there are any fatalities to the innocent. i hope in the event of any fatalities are those of the terrorist scumbags.
  • Options
    Scum of the earth.
  • Options
    Rumors of 7 fatalities and a police officer has succumbed to his injuries. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Rumors of 7 fatalities and a police officer has succumbed to his injuries. that was 30 min ago.. although local interior minister has said one person died and 15 injured. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stay safe @Vienna_Addick

No problems at the moment, thanks. We live just round the corner from one of the bridges across the Danube Canal, and the underground station there, as well as the bridge, are being guarded by about fifty policemen with rapid fire weapons.
  • Options
    A lot of people were out in bars and restaurants this evening enjoying the warm weather. A new lockdown starts in about 40 minutes. Bars and restaurants will be closed for a month. There will be a curfew starting at 8pm and ending at 6am every day/night. If anybody was planning a terrorist attack today was probably the last chance for a while. They now believe that around six terrorists were firing randomly into bars etc.

• Options
    Horrific.

RIP to all the victims
  • Options
    How the hell can people be so evil. I feel guilty when I accidentally kill a wasp.
  • Options
    A lot of people were out in bars and restaurants this evening enjoying the warm weather. A new lockdown starts in about 40 minutes. Bars and restaurants will be closed for a month. There will be a curfew starting at 8pm and ending at 6am every day/night. If anybody was planning a terrorist attack today was probably the last chance for a while. They now believe that around six terrorists were firing randomly into bars etc.

Terrible stay safe mate
  • Options
    BBC reporting that 6 different locations were attacked, one attacker is dead but police are only searching for one other?

Anyway, been through all my social media, including here, this morning and surprised by how little people seem to be talking about it. Will this become the norm now?
  • Options
    There's very little information that has been verified at the moment, including how many attackers there were. RIP to those non-attackers who lost their lives and hope those injured make a full recovery. There are some scummy people and scummy ideologies out there
  • Options
    BBC reporting that 6 different locations were attacked, one attacker is dead but police are only searching for one other?

Anyway, been through all my social media, including here, this morning and surprised by how little people seem to be talking about it. Will this become the norm now?
    I thought it was 1 dead, 4 arrested, 1 on the loose, which would make sense about 6 attacks in theory. 

Although this certainly isn't becoming the norm, I certainly agree with you that it just slightly raises an eyebrow now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what what a world we live in.

my thoughts to everyone who has been impacted by all of the recent incidents in France and Austria. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I thought it was 1 dead, 4 arrested, 1 on the loose, which would make sense about 6 attacks in theory. 

Although this certainly isn't becoming the norm, I certainly agree with you that it just slightly raises an eyebrow now. 
    Yeah sorry, didnt mean the attacks becoming normal, just whether people would accept them as being normal
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Not to mention the fact that ultra conservative religions are diametrically opposed to the full blown hedonism of modern western society...

I'd be pissed off too if I was on the outside, bored as shit, looking in on all the fun people are having!!!

Christianity has moved forward, luckily the old testament is more or less nullified... 
  • Options
    Without wanting to completely derail the thread, this is interesting although brief about how religion can satisfy people's needs depending on their personalities. https://phys.org/news/2015-10-psychology-religious-belief.html
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Not to mention the fact that ultra conservative religions are diametrically opposed to the full blown hedonism of modern western society...

I'd be pissed off too if I was on the outside, bored as shit, looking in on all the fun people are having!!!

Christianity has moved forward, luckily the old testament is more or less nullified... 
    That was just a sneaky way for a particular religious type to further justify their unjustifiable beliefs.

You don't get the New Testament without the Old one. They go hand in hand and all Christians have to believe in the Old Testament otherwise their belief is futile.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

There's plenty of barmy Christian sects that are ultra conservative, not to mention more progressive Islamic viewpoints (see also Judaism... My in-laws love a good rant about the frummers)
  • Options
    UK terrorism threat level raised to severe, meaning an attack is highly likely
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54799377