Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Charlton | Saturday 31st October 2020

Comments

• Options
    16' It's been a fast-paced opening period here, but it's still goalless. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #pompey 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Meanwhile Joe Pigott scores a well taken goal 
  • Options
    Swindon 0 Hull 1
  • Options
    MK 1 Wombles 1
  • Options
    omg Pratley!
  • Options
    Williams is at least getting on the ball and having some influence. More than I've seen him do in a long time
  • Options
    What a ball by Pratley. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gooooaallll Shinnie 

(for Derby at Bournemouth) 
    Dick
    Nope. It was Graeme.
  • Options
    1. 16'

Post update

Jonathan Williams (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 16'

Post update

Foul by Andrew Cannon (Portsmouth).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Better. Final ball not right again though. Encouraging build up. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gooooaallll Shinnie 

(for Derby at Bournemouth) 
    Don't be a dick mate.
    Come on, if I hadn't put the brackets fair enough......... 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Williams is at least getting on the ball and having some influence. More than I've seen him do in a long time
    Yeah indeed. Wierd that when we play him in the middle of the park and not out on the left. 
  • Options
    Liking Shinnie's game so far (our Shinnie, not the Derby counterfeit version).
  • Options
    This was always going to be a tough one without two key players. Looks like it’ll be five at the back, which it should be given that Gunter isn’t actually a centre half and is only one for playing in the middle as part of a three. I don’t think this line up gets the best out of everyone if it is 3-5-2. You’re asking a lot of JFC defensively, asking Gunter and Pratley to play slightly out of position and putting Washington in a role where he’s a bit less effective than he is coming off the wing. It will be interesting to see how we perform without two of the players who have been such a key part of our clean sheets. I suspect that might end today so let’s hope Bogle and Williams can get their first goals for us as I think we’ll need more than one 
    Don’t agree about Washington, he made his name as a striker. I’m sure we’ll see him move out to the left and hopefully combine well with Maatsen. 
    Sure, a long time ago for a team playing a different way. So far we haven’t made the best use of Washington as a striker, all his goals and best performances have come from him coming in off the wing for us. I’m sure he can play effectively as a striker but he’s better in this team coming in from wide given our tendency to lump the ball forward when we have two up front. We’re not that fluid at the moment and this weather won’t help 
    Washington’s goal against Oxford came from him running in behind. We need him to do that this season because he’s the only one who can. 
  • Options
    Posh 1-0 up
  • Options
    Pratley mopping up everything

shinnie and Williams starting to have an effect now

matthews looks double rusty 
  • Options
    Is it just me or does this camera angle feel like it’s miles from the pitch?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was fucking stupid from Pratley
  • Options
    Idiotic challenge from Pratley. He’s a lucky lucky lucky boy. That looked a red to me. 
  • Options
    How wasn't that a straight red?
  • Options
    Thanks ref... 
  • Options
    Well done Prats.

That's a massive win for the Pratley Debating Society.
  • Options
    Fairplay to the ref there.

I thought that was a red. 
  • Options
    Positive start lucky escape Prattley
  • Options
    1. 18'

Post update

Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 18'

Post update

Foul by Marcus Harness (Portsmouth).

• Options
    Pratley then gets a long talking to from the ref after diving in two footed, but doesn't even get booked.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!