Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Loan Watch

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I can’t quite work Oztumer out.  Lots
    if ability but there’s something missing; he was outstanding for Walsall in league 1 and has shown flashes to us.

I hope big Josh comes back in January to compete - I’ve always been impressed. 
    I’d prefer Davison to play and do well for a full season, not convinced he’s ready to play a part yet. We hopefully have enough money to get one more striker in January, could be the last piece of the jigsaw as Smyth doesn’t look like a striker. 
  • Options
    Tuesday 3rd November 2020

George Lapslie: Scored for Mansfield in what could have been a 1-0 win for them at Bolton, only to concede at the death
    Erhun Oztumer: Bristol Rovers lost 2-0 at home to Peterborough... Erhun came on in the 69th minute

Woking didnt have a game in midweek, they will however travel to Gillingham in the FA Cup on Saturday. Whilst there is nothing to suggest that any loans will be allowed to play, you'd hope that both Ben Dempsey and Josh Davison will be eligible to play - George Lapslie's Mansfield will be travelling to Sunderland whilst Erhun Oztumer faces another potential ex-club with Bristol Rovers travelling to Walsall.

Richard Afrane-Kesey: Margate did have a game scheduled against East Thurrock United on Tuesday night, that game was called off due to a COVID risk to staff - Due to the level Margate play, their season has now been paused due to the latest lockdown restrictions
  • Options
    Lapslie getting rave reviews by the Mansfield fans, Oztumer getting a slightly more mixed reception, although reading some of the Rovers comments about him it's clear they're also afflicted with the hyperbolic nature of all football fans. Mostly they wish he would start every game.

Haven't seen a lot of comments about Davison or Dempsey, although at least on Davison's case his name is popping up on the scoresheet which I imagine is appreciated.
  • Options
    Saturday 7th November 2020

Maybe need to get a bit better with these

George Lapslie: Continued his good run of form @ Mansfield, scoring the only goal in their win at Sunderland in the FA Cup, the Stags march on to Round Two where they'll face National League side; Dagenham and Redbridge on November 28th... Lapslie was cup tied this evening in Mansfield's own EFL Trophy encounter at Scunthorpe United having already played in the competition for Charlton.

Erhun Oztumer: Would play the full match against League Two side (and ex-club); Walsall... Bristol Rovers themselves would run out 2-1 winners with ex-Addick youngster: Brandon Hanlan scoring what would be the winning goal; The Pirates themselves have a home tie in the Second Round, also hosting Non-League opposition with National League North side: Darlington the visitors

Yet there would be heartbreak for Ben Dempsey and Josh Davison; Woking would lead 2-0 (Davison scoring the second of the game) at Gillingham only for the League One side to come back and win 3-2... Davison would last the full ninety minutes whilst Dempsey was replaced in the last ten as the visitors went looking for an equaliser that would never come

Woking will look to get back to winning ways this weekend when they play host to struggling: Yeovil Town
    It must be pretty unique, somebody being cup tied and thus unable to play in the Pizza cup  :D
  • Options
    Davison was given MoTM in their game v Gillingham in this report...

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/7245/cards-give-the-gills-a-fright/

Also in their defeat to Kings Lynn... Seems he is doing well..

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/7238/loza-returns-to-haunt-the-cards-on-all-hallows-eve/

Didnt realise that Matt Jarvis was at Woking now
  • Options
    Davison was given MoTM in their game v Gillingham in this report...

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/7245/cards-give-the-gills-a-fright/

Also in their defeat to Kings Lynn... Seems he is doing well..

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/7238/loza-returns-to-haunt-the-cards-on-all-hallows-eve/

Didnt realise that Matt Jarvis was at Woking now
    There can't be many former England internationals - he has one cap - playing in the National League
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to the BBC Oztumer played the whole match.
  • Options
    LeeValley said:
    FFS I scoured that teamsheet on Google and couldn't see him - Need to go back to the BBC for line ups
  • Options
    LeeValley said:
    FFS I scoured that teamsheet on Google and couldn't see him - Need to go back to the BBC for line ups
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54850473
  • Options
    Oztumer will be cup tied for the Pizza trophy match as he played against Wimbledon
  • Options
    Oztumer will be cup tied for the Pizza trophy match as he played against Wimbledon
    Scored his only senior Charlton goal in that match.

• Options
     ahead of hosting Colchester United next Friday night which could see a battle of the Lapslie brothers, although unlikely as Tom Lapslie has yet to appear this season for Colchester.
    Who better to try to silence George than his own brother?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Thanks for telling me that Charles Clayden has gone on loan to Dulwich Hamlet fellas... OS making me look amateur here!!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Charles Clayden sent off for Dulwich in their away match at Hemel Hempstead whilst on loan from the addicks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if Brizzle send Oztumer back in January, he's not figured that much for them 
  • Options
    Saturday 21st November 2020

The evening before his parent club played; George Lapslie was lining up for Mansfield Town as they played host to Colchester United. With this game neither on SKY or a local derby am not too sure why this game was brought forward to the Friday night - Lapslie would once again play the full game yet wasnt up to his usual standards last night, the midfielder could only get an assist at best which brought his scoring run to an end... The Stags would ultimately draw 1-1, Colchester equalising with five minutes left on the clock, another ex-Addick (Callum Harriott) getting the assist.

That result would keep Mansfield on just the one win for the season and remain three points above the drop what with Stevenage losing 1-2 to Bolton Wanderers.

Mansfield now turn their attention to a midweek encounter with Harrogate Town in the League.

In League One and it was the same old story for Bristol Rovers this afternoon, they've announced this week the appointment of Paul Tisdale who will have a lot of work to do in the coming weeks; they would fall to a 1-0 defeat at rivals: Swindon Town... Erhun Oztumer would remain on the bench in this game with the result dropping the Pirates into the last relegation spot, a disappointment for fans who expected a much better challenge further up the table this season.

Their next game is certainly going to be a big one, they travel on Tuesday night to fellow strugglers: Wigan Athletic.

Moving to the National League and with no midweek report its a reminder that both Ben Dempsey and Josh Davison played in the 5-1 at Dover Athletic on Tuesday night, the home side would open the scoring only for Josh Davison to equalise within fifteen minutes before the Cards would go on to win comfortably... Dempsey playing the full night, whilst Davison was replaced with ten minutes to go.

Today they would play hosts to Londoners: Barnet who (like Yeovil) are struggling in the opening weeks of the season and Woking would take full advantage (despite having a man sent off after thirty minutes), running out 4-1 winners, surprisingly Josh Davison didnt score in what has become a rarity since his loan move and would once again make way before the game was over; Ben Dempsey on the other hand would see out the entirty of the game, which as a result would move Woking into second place, yet still five points behind Torquay United.

Woking now dont play again until the 1st December when they play host to Sutton United.

Finally its worth mentioning Richard Afrane-Kesey, I can only presume that the youngster has remained on loan with Margate who will shortly be looking to resume their season once we exit this current lockdown period; It has been confirmed that the FA Trophy will resume before any other competitions, so Margate will be returning to action on Tuesday 8th December as they play hosts to Burgess Hill Town in the First Round Proper of the competition.

Clubs have been advised that they will be allowed to play their games on either the 5th or 6th December provided that both clubs are in agreement.
    Why do you put your ( very informative, excellent ) reports in the conditional “would play”, rather than “played”, out of interest ? 
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if Brizzle send Oztumer back in January, he's not figured that much for them 
    I’d rather they didn’t 
  • Options
    I’d rather they didn’t 
    Some quotes from Rovers fans when they signed Oztumer on October 15th.

Wow. Literally my favourite opposition player. Been wanting this one for years!
    Promotion confirmed, Garner in.
    Unreal signing if you ask me.
    What a signing!!! Why the hell have Charlton loaned him to us?
    Oztumer confirmed, what a signing that is. The Turkish Messi!
    What. The. Hell.
    Excited about this one......think I’ve got a bit of a stiffy😬
    Sounds like a bit of a masterstroke by Widdrington and Garner. I think he's really going to give this squad what it needs going forward.
    Wow amazing capture
    20/1 Bet365 for the Gas to get promoted. Just filled my boots
    Whoah.... seriously brilliant signing.
    What a signing and what a statement! We really are building up an impressive squad
    What a signing .... When he said Oztumer I nearly crashed the car! Wow! What a squad we have
    Oh my a little bit of wee just came out!! Great signing UTG
    Omfg wtf!!!!!! GET THE f**k IN!!!!!!

Etc, Etc, Etc..
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

The evening before his parent club played; George Lapslie was lining up for Mansfield Town as they played host to Colchester United. With this game neither on SKY or a local derby am not too sure why this game was brought forward to the Friday night - Lapslie would once again play the full game yet wasnt up to his usual standards last night, the midfielder could only get an assist at best which brought his scoring run to an end... The Stags would ultimately draw 1-1, Colchester equalising with five minutes left on the clock, another ex-Addick (Callum Harriott) getting the assist.

That result would keep Mansfield on just the one win for the season and remain three points above the drop what with Stevenage losing 1-2 to Bolton Wanderers.

Mansfield now turn their attention to a midweek encounter with Harrogate Town in the League.

In League One and it was the same old story for Bristol Rovers this afternoon, they've announced this week the appointment of Paul Tisdale who will have a lot of work to do in the coming weeks; they would fall to a 1-0 defeat at rivals: Swindon Town... Erhun Oztumer would remain on the bench in this game with the result dropping the Pirates into the last relegation spot, a disappointment for fans who expected a much better challenge further up the table this season.

Their next game is certainly going to be a big one, they travel on Tuesday night to fellow strugglers: Wigan Athletic.

Moving to the National League and with no midweek report its a reminder that both Ben Dempsey and Josh Davison played in the 5-1 at Dover Athletic on Tuesday night, the home side would open the scoring only for Josh Davison to equalise within fifteen minutes before the Cards would go on to win comfortably... Dempsey playing the full night, whilst Davison was replaced with ten minutes to go.

Today they would play hosts to Londoners: Barnet who (like Yeovil) are struggling in the opening weeks of the season and Woking would take full advantage (despite having a man sent off after thirty minutes), running out 4-1 winners, surprisingly Josh Davison didnt score in what has become a rarity since his loan move and would once again make way before the game was over; Ben Dempsey on the other hand would see out the entirty of the game, which as a result would move Woking into second place, yet still five points behind Torquay United.

Woking now dont play again until the 1st December when they play host to Sutton United.

Finally its worth mentioning Richard Afrane-Kesey, I can only presume that the youngster has remained on loan with Margate who will shortly be looking to resume their season once we exit this current lockdown period; It has been confirmed that the FA Trophy will resume before any other competitions, so Margate will be returning to action on Tuesday 8th December as they play hosts to Burgess Hill Town in the First Round Proper of the competition.

Clubs have been advised that they will be allowed to play their games on either the 5th or 6th December provided that both clubs are in agreement.
    Why do you put your ( very informative, excellent ) reports in the conditional “would play”, rather than “played”, out of interest ? 
    I've noticed quite a few journalists write their match reports using that tense.

I always thought that @ForeverAddickted aspired to be the new @LouisMendez :smile:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Addickted said:
    I’d rather they didn’t 

What. The. Hell.
    Sounds like a bit of a masterstroke by Widdrington and Garner. I think he's really going to give this squad what it needs going forward.
    Wow amazing capture
    What a signing and what a statement! We really are building up an impressive squad
    What a signing .... When he said Oztumer I nearly crashed the car! Wow! What a squad we have

Etc, Etc, Etc..
    Never ceases to amaze me how fans wet themselves over a player that signs....I should imagine their though are slightly different now.

Excited about this one......think I’ve got a bit of a limp one now

Oh my a little bit of shit just came out!! Great signing UTG

What a signing .... When he said Oztumer I wish I crashed the car 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    wmcf123 said:

I've noticed quite a few journalists write their match reports using that tense.

I always thought that @ForeverAddickted aspired to be the new @LouisMendez :smile:

Be nice having a Charlton fan covering us rather than a Palace one masquerading ;) 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I’d rather they didn’t 

What. The. Hell.
    Wow amazing capture

Etc, Etc, Etc..
    Never ceases to amaze me how fans wet themselves over a player that signs....I should imagine their though are slightly different now.

Excited about this one......think I’ve got a bit of a limp one now

Oh my a little bit of shit just came out!! Great signing UTG

What a signing .... When he said Oztumer I wish I crashed the car 

Fans have long memories, in this case it's those seasons with Walsall where he was lethal
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Not sure to be honest, think its something I've been doing without realising...

I know I've said before that I dont have qualifications / experience etc. in writing so I really appreciate people picking up and highlighting things like this - Sometimes I worry about sounding too robotic and repetative with my style so perhaps make too much effort to sound otherwise which brings out things like this.

Its another reason why I've started doing this Loan write up (provided I can remember those out on loan; e.g. Clayden), I've been doing the Previews for so long I thought it would be a small project for me to do something different and branch out
    Please don’t think I was being critical - I’m learning too !