Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Wigan Athletic | Match Thread | Saturday 17th October

Comments

• Options
    Not enamoured with the starting line up. Can’t score goals so Washington on the bench. JFC? I would have been happy to loan him out. We shall see.
  • Options
    Who's Thomas Dinnage?

Remember Fred Dinnage climbing his factory chimney stacks. And driving his steam roller/traction engines.
    Proper character.

• Options
    Looks like we're potentially going with four at the back... diamond formation perhaps?

Midfield of:

Pratley
    Watson | Forster-Caskey
    Shinnie
    Maybe we will be able to see what Watson can really bring to a team. But for my money Pratley, Watson and Forster Caskey are all a bit defensive minded and prefer to pass the ball sideways. 
  • Options
    Not enamoured with the starting line up. Can’t score goals so Washington on the bench. JFC? I would have been happy to loan him out. We shall see.
    He played 75 minutes for NI away in Norway in midweek so i guess he's not at his freshest
  • Options
    It's a cunning plan, Large.

Prepare to be surprised.

Or not. That's more the Charlton way, perjhaps.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Who's Thomas Dinnage?

Remember Fred Dinnage climbing his factory chimney stacks. And driving his steam roller/traction engines.
    Proper character.

I watched some sort of gangster history crime documentary that he had produced the other day. Proper saucy barnet on the ol boy now 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Who's Thomas Dinnage?

Proper character.

Fred Dibnah ;)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Who's Thomas Dinnage?

Proper character.

That's Fred Dibnah.

Or there's sports and How! presenter Fred Dinenage.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Who's Thomas Dinnage?

Proper character.

His bio on twitter says he's a coach for CACT so wonder if he's been drafted in each game to help with getting any balls from the stands
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Need Gilbey back ASAP
    I think Shinnie covers Gilbey well
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Who's Thomas Dinnage?

Proper character.

That's Fred Dibnah.

Haha .... I got my Freds muddled up. Duh!

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Who's Thomas Dinnage?

Proper character.

That's Fred Dibnah.

Love the fred dibnah documentary. Randomly came on my YouTube. Taken the family on holiday to blackpool... to remofs chimneys 😂😂😂
  • Options
    Nothing coming from CAFC twitter, where I get my match information, I hope they start when the game starts
  • Options
    Midfield of:

Pratley
    Watson | Forster-Caskey
    Shinnie
    Must....resist......posting........
  • Options
    Interesting selection.

Ominous that Maddison is injured. I wonder how much (or little) we will see of him?

Surprised to see JFC in there. Hope he proves me wrong in questioning his selection.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Midfield of:

Pratley
    Watson | Forster-Caskey
    Shinnie
    Oh go on.
    Just say it.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Midfield of:

Pratley
    Watson | Forster-Caskey
    Shinnie
    Naby is playing for Huddersfield today
  • Options
    He played 75 minutes for NI away in Norway in midweek so i guess he's not at his freshest
    That's typic Bowyer thinking. I bet that's the reason.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Nothing coming from CAFC twitter, where I get my match information, I hope they start when the game starts
    I have woke them up

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Midfield of:

Pratley
    Watson | Forster-Caskey
    Shinnie
    Oh go on.
    Just say it.
    Levitt and Williams had best be warming up from the first minute
  • Options
    Didn't see this formation coming, especially with JFC in the team.

In Bows we trust.....
  • Options
    Prefer Doughty at fullback, think he needs that space in front of him to stretch his legs and do damage in attack. 

The midfield looks a bit unbalanced to me though. Not really sure we need Pratley and Watson in there together but we’ll see. It’s exactly the problem some of us were trying to get across - with Gilbey out we have either midfielders who are very defensive or very attacking and only really an out of form JFC who offers anything in between. 

Totally new back 5 and I n terms of having played together as a unit before. 

Happy to see Aneke finally starting. He should be a real handful at this level, let’s hope this is finally the beginning of a run of appearances for him. 
  • Options
    Good start
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Definitely the diamond formation... Watson at the base, Pratley in front of Doughty who is at LB
  • Options
    1' We are off and under way... COME ON YOU ADDICKS!! Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #cafc 0 #wafc 0
  • Options
    3' First little foray forward for the Addicks. Smyth sees his shot blocked inside the box. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #cafc 0 #wafc 0
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!