Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Wigan Athletic | Match Thread | Saturday 17th October

Comments

• 26' Will Keane and Joe Garner look to link up, but the latter's clip across is too far in front of Keane for him to catch up. Really encouraging spell for Latics at the moment.
  • Our commentators keep talking over each other today
  • Seems to be following a very predictable pattern, good early pressure
    then the oppo suddenly wake up and away they go.
    Come on Reds get on the scoresheet
    1. 28'

Post update

Akin Famewo (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 28'

Post update

Foul by Joe Garner (Wigan Athletic).

1. 28'

Post update

Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 28'

Post update

Foul by Tom James (Wigan Athletic).

• edited October 2020
    Gunter taken out on the right hand side near the corner of the Wigan area, so our free kick
    1. 29'

Post update

Foul by Andrew Shinnie (Charlton Athletic).

2. 29'

Post update

Will Keane (Wigan Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

1. 31'

Post update

Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 31'

Post update

Foul by Viv Solomon-Otabor (Wigan Athletic).

• Anyone else find Doughty frustrating. Inconsistent springs to mind 
  • Ball ended up going all the way back to Amos, and a great ball from Shinnie got Smyth away in the area, but a deflection meant it was easily saved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unlucky Charlton!

Superb passing gets us into the box but the ball across the 6-yard box was cut out before reaching Mount Chuks.
  • Smyth looks lively. Great movement. 

Aneke is like a league one Lukaku. Need to get him the ball more. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Who's Thomas Dinnage?

Remember Fred Dinnage climbing his factory chimney stacks. And driving his steam roller/traction engines.
    Proper character.

That's Fred Dibnah.

Or there's sports and How! presenter Fred Dinenage.

Did you know Fred Dineage is still alive and still presents the local news if you happened to live down Salisbury way (where we went for our exotic holiday this year)...
  • Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Who's Thomas Dinnage?

Remember Fred Dinnage climbing his factory chimney stacks. And driving his steam roller/traction engines.
    Proper character.

That's Fred Dibnah.

Or there's sports and How! presenter Fred Dinenage.

Haha .... I got my Freds muddled up. Duh!

• Everyone having a drink while a Wigan player gets treatment.
  • Hints of promise in attack, but looking a bit disjointed, as you would expect.

Doughty still doing my nut in with his decision making. 
  • JFC should be taken off set pieces immediately. Have we ever scored a goal from one of them?
  • 33'

Post update

Hand ball by Lee Evans (Wigan Athletic).

1. 33'

Post update

Attempt saved. Chuks Aneke (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

2. 33'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Chuks Aneke.

• Bloody hell, how did Chuks win that in the air?
  • Sponsored links:

• I know he's young and inexperienced but Doughty is poor on the ball, I would've liked us to loan him out to L2 but that was never gonna happen
  • JFC should be taken off set pieces immediately. Have we ever scored a goal from one of them?
    The next one........be patient  :)
  • Chuks plays the ball in from the byline, causing an absolute melee in the 6 yard box and the keeper eventually comes up with the ball.
    He's already scored a crossbar today. 
  • Argh so unlucky Chuks 
  • I know he's young and inexperienced but Doughty is poor on the ball, I would've liked us to loan him out to L2 but that was never gonna happen
    You just know now he is gonna score the winner ;)
  • Chuks looking good.
  • Yaarghh!!! Beautiful turn from Chuks, but the keeper saves. We have a corner/
  • Outstanding strength and skill from Aneke there to turn the defender. Keeper saves it from point blank. 
  • Chuks!

Wonderful touch from the man mountain but his shot was saved by the keeper for our corner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!