Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The only sad thing about this is that the sentences weren't more severe. A 40 year old amongst them. Who is he going to blame? His deprived childhood? That he was led astray by his elders? A mindless idiot who couldn't give a toss about the consequences of his actions.
  • generally found Pompey fans are scum.
  • Before seeing this post I was talking to a copper last night who is a pompey fan, he said that a relative of his works for Hampshire police and it took them 12 months to go through the footage to pick up all those responsible for the carnage that day, assume those 7 were on that list.
  • generally found Pompey fans are scum.
    At last years play off final we were talking to a steward who was at the Charlton Pompey game that year in the south stand, he said they threw 38 people out for principally being high on drugs.
  • Not an aficionado on these things, but always thought these were the two non-local clubs we’ve had grumbling with over the years.

Classed them as our riviera version of northerners, and with Bristol probably the three toughest areas south of Birmingham. Must be the docks culture. 
  • Not an aficionado on these things, but always thought these were the two non-local clubs we’ve had grumbling with over the years.

Classed them as our riviera version of northerners, and with Bristol probably the three toughest areas south of Birmingham. Must be the docks culture. 
    You can add Plymouth to that list, another port town that has some shady parts.

Explains the spanners 🔧 
  • Sponsored links:

• You’re right, but don’t recall us having much agg with them and last time they came to The Valley two years ago I remember thinking their trains and coaches must have left Plymouth around 1993!
  • I attended Plymouth v Portsmouth playoff match a few years back, there were some very scary types in evidence on the Plymouth side. 
    Plymouth and Exeter rivalry always brings problems for the police along the lines the op mentioned. 
  • You’re right, but don’t recall us having much agg with them and last time they came to The Valley two years ago I remember thinking their trains and coaches must have left Plymouth around 1993!
    You were not around in the seventy's then. Loads of trouble with Pompey at the Valley and away.

Many moons ago at a reserve game at The Valley was speaking to some coppers about this, and they put it down to the dock towns as being the worst offenders.
  • I attended Plymouth v Portsmouth playoff match a few years back, there were some very scary types in evidence on the Plymouth side. 
    Plymouth and Exeter rivalry always brings problems for the police along the lines the op mentioned. 
    when Torquay were in the EFL, their games v Plymouth could get the fans a little bit edgy ((:>)
  • dickplumb said:
    You’re right, but don’t recall us having much agg with them and last time they came to The Valley two years ago I remember thinking their trains and coaches must have left Plymouth around 1993!
    You were not around in the seventy's then. Loads of trouble with Pompey at the Valley and away.
    and this in the time of non segregated crowds .. Pompey fans have always (or rather were always) a fecking nuisance at the Valley

Too much cider swigging.
  • I have always loved going down to Portsmouth and have always had a great time.
    When we had Di Canio play for us he stole the show down there and we came from behind to beat them.
    After the game we went down to Portsmouth Harbour and had a few.  A couple of guys came up to us thinking we were Portsmouth, it turned out they were spanners :D, anyway, they were alright and one of them wanted to stay for a few more.   The only trouble was that they were running out of time for their boat to Bilbao.
    By this time I was very keen to keep the conversation going, it ended up with Mr Chatterbox being dragged out of the boozer :)
  • Sponsored links:

• They hate each other due to a history of Southampton Dockers breaking a dock strike and working at Portsmouth docks, hence why they call Southampton fans Scummers, some say it's an urban myth but mates of mine who are Pompey fans recall stories from their dads & uncles who were dockers and claim it as fact. 
  • dickplumb said:
    You’re right, but don’t recall us having much agg with them and last time they came to The Valley two years ago I remember thinking their trains and coaches must have left Plymouth around 1993!
    I was talking about Plymouth 
  • Exeter and Plymouth always have a tear up
  • @Oggy Red can you still get a 3 bed in Plymouth for 100k
  • clb74 said:
    @Oggy Red can you still get a 3 bed in Plymouth for 100k
    Blinkin Eck, they must be made of money. Can get two on my estate for that 😉
  • dickplumb said:
    and this in the time of non segregated crowds .. Pompey fans have always (or rather were always) a fecking nuisance at the Valley
    and they were just the survivors of millwall at London Bridge.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    dickplumb said:
    What's that got to do with Plymouth? 
    There was trouble at Plymouth away in 70s
  • redbuttle said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    dickplumb said:
    What's that got to do with Plymouth? 
    There was trouble at Plymouth away in 70s
    To be fair there was trouble at most aways (and home come to that) in the 70s. 
  • They hate each other due to a history of Southampton Dockers breaking a dock strike and working at Portsmouth docks, hence why they call Southampton fans Scummers, some say it's an urban myth but mates of mine who are Pompey fans recall stories from their dads & uncles who were dockers and claim it as fact. 
    In that case Southampton deserve everything they get.  Can't stand blacklegs.
    Similar reason to the ‘rivalry’ of Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United. Miners strike in their case.