Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Omar Bogle - gone to Newport (p31)

Comments

• Options
    No-one is blaming Bogle for losing the game. He possibly played his best game for us, pitch suited him, but not my idea of a striker. We have huge limitations up front. Agree that Aneke needs to realise he has to pass to Schwartz rather than take weak pot shots. Is there a true combination between these 2 strikers? Is there a genuine partnership between any of our so called strikers? LB and SG had to grab what they could and hope for the best.
    Maybe we should give them 10 or 15 games to build the partnership?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    No-one is blaming Bogle for losing the game. He possibly played his best game for us, pitch suited him, but not my idea of a striker. We have huge limitations up front. Agree that Aneke needs to realise he has to pass to Schwartz rather than take weak pot shots. Is there a true combination between these 2 strikers? Is there a genuine partnership between any of our so called strikers? LB and SG had to grab what they could and hope for the best.
    Maybe we should give them 10 or 15 games to build the partnership?
    as long as you don't mind having a striker who doesn't score.
  • Options
    Hard for anyone to build a partnership with so much chopping and changing.
  • Options
    bogle had a reasonable game. 6.5-7 out of 10. If he was excellent he would have had 1 9-10 out of 10 performance 
  • Options
    Bogle is a battering ram old school centre forward. I think he suited tonight's game to be honest and thought he had a half decent game. He wouldn't be my first choice to start every week but none of them would at the moment. Jesus what i'd do to have another Lyle Taylor kind of player!
  • Options
    Every time we lose certain players threads come alive. If Maddison had been involved yesterday, even if only for 10 mins, you know his thread would be blowing up as well. 
  • Options
    Bogle had a decent performance, held the ball up well when the ball spent more time in the air than it did on the pitch (for good reason), played better than Aneke, and looked more mobile. As someones already said once we lost his and washington's pressing from the front, and JFCs workrate in the middle, we were toast
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    He'll give decent performances here and there but just isn't a good enough player to lead our line. 

Not enough goals to be a goalscorer and not enough assists to be a creater. 
  • Options
    agim said:
    Bogle is a battering ram old school centre forward. I think he suited tonight's game to be honest and thought he had a half decent game. He wouldn't be my first choice to start every week but none of them would at the moment. Jesus what i'd do to have another Lyle Taylor kind of player!
    According to some on here, Chucks is a better striker than Taylor.
  • Options
    Bogle played much better yesterday in the first half. His hold up ability to the fore. However in the second half it was back to the Bogle no show of the Hull game and he was rightly subbed off. And he will never get the goals we need, compared to what Aneke can do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    where’s he gone to ? 
  • Options
    Going Doncaster apparently 
  • Options
    where’s he gone to ? 
    Pot imo  ;)
  • Options
    For whatever reason Bogle was not delivering what he was paid to.
    If the opportunity is there to move him on it makes perfect sense both for him and the club.
    Good luck to him and he may very well make us pay, but right now he is no use to us and our resources are precious and better used elsewhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    guaranteed to score against us
    And to start banging goals in from all over the shop🙄.......or not🤷
  • Options
    All the best to him. Darren Moore must feel he can get more out of him than we did.
  • Options
    Just have that "bite you on the arse " feeling about this.Anyway,honest bloke,did not deserve a lot of the abuse he got on here,and wish him well.
  • Options
    Seems a really odd one to me, not that we’ve got rid but Doncaster wanting him?

He's got decent attributes for a striker, it just hasn't happened for him here. On top of that, we signed him for free and are now desperate to get rid so that we can free up space on our wage bill. We don't have any transfer money to claw back so we'll move him on for nothing, and he was bouncing around looking for a club at the start of the season so he's likely not on much money with us. Doncaster can therefore get in a striker for no money and not have to pay him very much and just hope he does a bit better than he did for us. If he scores 5 goals for them I bet they'll be delighted.
  • Options
    Undisclosed fee or complete give away?