Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Sunderland | Saturday 3rd October | Post Match Thread

0-0 against ten men, but it could've been a lot lot worse. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    cheque book time Mr S... quality needed everywhere...cap of course an issue
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    0-0 against ten men, but it could've been a lot lot worse. Thoughts?
    Why can we never beat 10 men?
  • Options
    Didn't watch but slighlty concerning views on here regarding Levitt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We lack such much quality its unreal. At least Maddison looked up for it and did ok in the 5 minutes Bowyer decided to play him. Vennings didn’t hide either and Aneke is a handfull as usual. Everything else terrible
  • Options
    That was a painful watch. My god we need new signings. Defence looked shaky, midfield couldn’t make accurate passes and the attack was toothless. 

On the plus side, we will score a lot of goals in this league if Maddison gets someone half decent up top. 
  • Options
    Got grief trying to get the stream on Valley Pass.
    Saved a tenner thank f---, again what's Albie done wrong
    to not get a game!
  • Options
    Didn't deserve a point but I will happily take one. Ipswich game being postponed is massive. 2 weeks to build a squad. Maddison and Aneke will be impact players, just need a few more to help them. The last 15 minutes was very positive for me
  • Options
    Flat and uninspiring performance but would have bitten your hand off for a point especially after Bonne left yesterday.

Urgently need to get some options in through the door before the window shuts otherwise it will likely be more of the same.

Maddison should make a positive impact when fit and match sharp.

Lots of work to be done but feeling positive that it will come together before the end of the season and we will at least be mid table looking to build on it next season when things off the pitch will have been more stable hopefully.
  • Options
    that was shocking 

some of those long balls to our attacking right full back oshilaja at the end epitomised the complete lack of any idea by this team. 

no shots on target. these new signings better materialise or we're gonna be pretty screwed. 
  • Options
    Fair result in the end, Sunderland fell away second half, we had a better shape second half but never did enough to win. Could/should be a completely different starting 11 in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    One goal in the last three games tells its own story 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Would have taken that before the game. Looked toothless going forward. Amos save first half was top class. They missed two golden chances and we created nothing. Maddison looked promising from his short cameo.

Hopefully things look very different in a couple of weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uninspiring... Proof we need further bodies and some more fitness amongst the squad

Even more thankful that we've got two weeks now until the next game

Amos is getting better and better with his confidence returning although his famed distribution has me scratching my head

Famewo appears to be a decent signing and will be difficult to drop once Pearce returns to the team

Bowyer admitted yesterday that today would be tough losing Bonne yesterday as we deliberately weakened ourselves

If Sunderland are one of the benchmarks for what a promotion chasing side will genuinely look like then we're not far off in my opinion - Thought they were just as ordinary themselves... As I said last week against Lincoln, our biggest problem this season will be beating the truly gritty teams at this level

Ironically we remain on course for our same points tally as 2018/19... Three points from our opening three games and a draw at the Valley with Sunderland!!
  • Options
    We're starting to look like a squad with good players, but still a long way from being a team. Much better at the back and encouraging glimpses from Maddison who will definitely improve us, but too often we didn't have players in the right part of the pitch. Looking like eleven characters in search of an author at the moment.
  • Options
    Definitely some positives. Amos back to his best and Famewo looks like a great addition. Oshilaja looks a lot better at RB too. 

Oshilaja looks comfortable at this level.
  • Options
    Disappointing, but there were some positives:  That save from Amos, some of the dogged defending at times (though at other times it looked well sloppy and we got lucky), thought Famewo was very good, good to see Chuks back, Maddison's delivery will make a difference.   

• Options
    It's funny how much better we look when we have a creative player in the middle of the park. I know it was against 10 men but when Levitt went off and Williams moved into the centre he looked so much better then when he was on the left hugging the touchline. 
  • Options
    Not sure about Watson. Williams very poor, offers nothing. Chuks was either completely knackered or is a good actor. Too many loose balls, over hit passes, people playing backwards the whole time, far too cautious. Free kicks and corners wasted. Maddison made a difference when he came on, cracking freekick to the back stick, and actually looked in a hurry to get on with things. Pratley too slow and obviously make shift at centre half and Deji looks better at RB but a couple of loose balls that could have cost us. I’d rather see Morgan than one of Levitt or Vennings. No shots on target says it all and failed to beat 10 men.

Having said all that, a clean sheet and a point, we’d probably take that all day at this stage. But lots to do if we are going to be anywhere near the top 6 this season.
  • Options
    That was disgusting. Whilst the result is ok, the poor passing, the failure to create spit, and the inability to stop a single ball getting in our box was terrible. 

The players on the pitch were awful by their own standards. Bowyer needs to get hold of them.
  • Options
    I’ve not watched a minute this season, but that’s mostly because there hasn’t been any “highlights” yet...

I wanna say...the next two weeks are crucial....