Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Step up Bowyer

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    That's shit 45mins mate, earn your stripes.

That line up to start was head scratching and its no surprise not one shot on target. 

Your at home, a lot of shit shit teams in this league score goals and we look fucking woeful all over the pitch. 

Crap
    Remember you're not allowed to say anything negative about "one of our own".
    I've watched worse Charlton sides on paper in the past 40 years but again  I'll stress that 1st half was devoid of any fucking clue whatsoever.

And yes, I've had a beer
    In my 34 years of supporting Charlton this is one of our worst teams. Anyone who says otherwise really doesn't have a clue.

This isn't subjective, this is factual.
    But remember, Bows is one of our own so its practically illegal to say anything negative on here about him. 

I've not had a beer.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

That line up to start was head scratching and its no surprise not one shot on target. 

Your at home, a lot of shit shit teams in this league score goals and we look fucking woeful all over the pitch. 

Crap
    I've watched worse Charlton sides on paper in the past 40 years but again  I'll stress that 1st half was devoid of any fucking clue whatsoever.

And yes, I've had a beer
    In my 34 years of supporting Charlton this is one of our worst teams. Anyone who says otherwise really doesn't have a clue.

But remember, Bows is one of our own so its practically illegal to say anything negative on here about him. 

I've not had a beer.
    Chris Solly is one of our own and plenty on here have had negative things to say about him

So stop making things up about it practically being illegal to say negative things about one of our own and just face that Bowyer is doing a good job with what he has available 

I have not had a beer either
    I'm not making anything up, perhaps being over dramatic, you just have to look at peoples responses to see my point.

We're shit Paulie, if you think otherwise you need to get your eyes washed out.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

Crap

And yes, I've had a beer

I've not had a beer.
    Chris Solly is one of our own and plenty on here have had negative things to say about him

So stop making things up about it practically being illegal to say negative things about one of our own and just face that Bowyer is doing a good job with what he has available 

I'm not making anything up, perhaps being over dramatic, you just have to look at peoples responses to see my point.

I haven't once said we are great or anything, but look at our squad compared to Sunderlands, yesterday I said today was a right off, so to take a 0-0 draw from a team who in the last 2 have beat Oxford and Peterborough personally is a great result.

In may have been a poor performance but we got a point which is important 

Come the Wigan game our squad will look different then we can start to judge performances 
  • Options
    Can I just stress I'm not saying bowyer out but he does need to step up his tactical nous after the first 45.

We were clueless. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

Crap

And yes, I've had a beer

I've not had a beer.

I haven't once said we are great or anything, but look at our squad compared to Sunderlands, yesterday I said today was a right off, so to take a 0-0 draw from a team who in the last 2 have beat Oxford and Peterborough personally is a great result.

Come the Wigan game our squad will look different then we can start to judge performances 
    Yh great result after they beat the mighty Oxford and Peterborough but we are at home and should have a clue what we are meant to be doing.

We didn't string 3 passes together or a shot on target.

That was dog mate
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

Crap

And yes, I've had a beer

I've not had a beer.
    Christ, how old are you?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    This thread is typical knee jerk reaction without a single shred of common sense being used!!
    Bullshit
    Typical repsonse.

Someone questions the validity of a post and says there is no common sense being used

the response

A 1 word answer and its a swearword

🤣🤣

• Options
    This thread is typical knee jerk reaction without a single shred of common sense being used!!
    Bullshit
    Typical repsonse.

Someone questions the validity of a post and says there is no common sense being used the response

A 1 word answer and its a swearword

🤣🤣

I could think of another for this one
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

Crap

And yes, I've had a beer

I've not had a beer.

Yh great result after they beat the mighty Oxford and Peterborough but we are at home and should have a clue what we are meant to be doing.

We didn't string 3 passes together or a shot on target.

That was dog mate
    You do remember we are in League 1 right

Sunderland, Peterborough and Oxford were 3 of the favourites for promotion pre season

Sunderland beat Oxford and Peterborough and we drew to Sunderland with a squad that was in no way a complete squad 

I would say thats a decent result no matter how poor the performance was
  • Options
    anyone avvin a beer???
  • Options
    ESI are gone, quick, start a thread moaning about something else! We’ve just got a new owner, we were under an embargo until very recently. We’ve lost 13 players since last season. It will take time for us to get to the point where we have the players we want, they’re used to playing together and we’re playing better football. I can’t believe having just sold our striker, still not having a senior right back and the new player we’ve brought in not being fit there’s a thread crying about a patchwork line up not playing scintillating football
    It ain't moaning for fucks sake, what, you can't mention that we are tactically inept and devoid of any shape or clue what to do on the ball and ask for there to be some reaction from the players second half. 

I've seen shit Charlton sides but they know what to do or at least have an ability to control a ball or pass it to a red shirt. 

That's was shit 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

Crap

And yes, I've had a beer

I've not had a beer.

If you think this team is worse than Anyinsah or Benson up front with Tresor Kandal or Akpo Sodje then you need to go get your memory checked out!!

It is on par with that team, I would take Benson now! We urgently need players, hopefully they will come in before the Wigan match.

PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

Crap

And yes, I've had a beer

I've not had a beer.

My original point was that people are entitled to their opinion without the walls of the house coming down. People straight away get their backs up when someone says anything negative about one of our own. There are still plenty of people sticking up for Solly!

I don't recall us having a shot on target all game, even against 10 men for 25mins. I'm not having a pop at Bows, but I do question some of his tactical choices at times. 

Mate, I hope things do change come Wigan and that Bows proves the naysayers wrong!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TalkSport have just announced Bowyer has been sacked.
  • Options
    Shanter
  • Options
    It was shit yes but we are far from over the effects of the embargo and still a number of players to come in. Christ give it some time. 
  • Options
    They are professional footballers regardless but were clueless first half. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Bullshit
    Of course it is... Bowyer is trying to put a squad together within the confines of a salary cap so its going to be tougher to put a squad together, hence why he's taking more time to ensure he's got it right, because if he gets it wrong then the season does become pointless - Not to mention the whole club needs time to recover and rebuild from the circus that Roland and ESI have left us in.

We were poor today granted but we still managed to get a point... There were also dreadful performances in 2018/19; the 1-0 defeat @ Rochdale, the Coventry and Barnsley games over Christmas, the Fleetwood defeat - Even the 1-0 loss to Huddersfield at the Valley last season was worse than today let alone the 4-0 performance away at Huddersfield so dont come you or @PopIcon try and claim this is the worst Charlton team they've ever seen because its bullshit

Oh yeh what do I know... I've defended Bonne all summer, not good enough for the Championship... F**K THE DOUBTERS... F**k the lot of you!!
  • Options
    ESI are gone, quick, start a thread moaning about something else! We’ve just got a new owner, we were under an embargo until very recently. We’ve lost 13 players since last season. It will take time for us to get to the point where we have the players we want, they’re used to playing together and we’re playing better football. I can’t believe having just sold our striker, still not having a senior right back and the new player we’ve brought in not being fit there’s a thread crying about a patchwork line up not playing scintillating football
    It ain't moaning for fucks sake, what, you can't mention that we are tactically inept and devoid of any shape or clue what to do on the ball and ask for there to be some reaction from the players second half. 

I've seen shit Charlton sides but they know what to do or at least have an ability to control a ball or pass it to a red shirt. 

That's was shit 
    Yes it is. You started a thread complaining about how the team were playing. You could have posted your moan on the match thread or thought about the context for the performance but you felt that it needed it’s own separate thread. That’s moaning, at least own it. (Side note, I don’t think Bowyer and the players will have seen your plea for a reaction sadly). As I said, this is a team missing players in key positions being used to tide us over until we can bring in the players we need. Calm down, have a nap or a cry or a wank or something. 
  • Options
    Forgetting about the squad for a minute, why are we always changing formation 20 minutes into a game when he realises we're set up wrong? 
  • Options
    I think the OP has a point though has probably not voiced it in the most succinct way.

Due to injuries last year we 100% fielded teams worse than what we had on that pitch today, in a stronger league, but still looked like we had a plan. And this season in the first half against both Doncaster and Lincoln we have shown we have the quality to dominate matches. 

However the second part of the first half was absolutely terrible, and that was due to a poor tactical change in formation by the manager.

I feel like the injury crisis may have effected LB's tactics and outlook as certainly since lockdown finished we feel like we have been to tentative and struggle to pass the ball through the middle of the park. 

I think with a couple of stronger players, and a few ground out wins that confidence will come back and we will start to play better football. 

• Options
    Bullshit
    Of course it is... Bowyer is trying to put a squad together within the confines of a salary cap so its going to be tougher to put a squad together, hence why he's taking more time to ensure he's got it right, because if he gets it wrong then the season does become pointless - Not to mention the whole club needs time to recover and rebuild from the circus that Roland and ESI have left us in.

We were poor today granted but we still managed to get a point... There were also dreadful performances in 2018/19; the 1-0 defeat @ Rochdale, the Coventry and Barnsley games over Christmas, the Fleetwood defeat - Even the 1-0 loss to Huddersfield at the Valley last season was worse than today let alone the 4-0 performance away at Huddersfield so dont come you or @PopIcon try and claim this is the worst Charlton team they've ever seen because its bullshit

Oh yeh what do I know... I've defended Bonne all summer, not good enough for the Championship... F**K THE DOUBTERS... F**k the lot of you!!

• Options
    TalkSport have just announced Bowyer has been sacked.
    And Dave Jones appointed to replace him.