Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    11 this season and 10 in his last 12 games during which time Ipswich have picked up 20 points and taken them from the relegation zone to points off the Play Offs 
    I know there have been plenty of jokes about Ipswich on here, but their form should be a benchmark for us.

If they can do it then so can we
  • Options
    11 this season and 10 in his last 12 games during which time Ipswich have picked up 20 points and taken them from the relegation zone to points off the Play Offs 
    I know there have been plenty of jokes about Ipswich on here, but their form should be a benchmark for us.

They have a very strong squad.
  • Options

So do we when you compare it to the rest of League One.

Yeah they've got even more depth than us and I'd still expect to be behind them come the end of the season, but no reason why we shouldnt both expect to be up there, unless of course they finish 6th ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    If Bonne stays fit, he will out score anyone that plays up front for Cafc this season even if it's off the bench.

August 8th

When you are born with a soapbox attached you better be correct with certain statements. (Sorry Mum !)

I didn't/don't want to be correct and looking back I wasn't alone in thinking Bonne would score goals for fun. Of course he will miss some one on one's that's why he's on loan in the 3rd tier.

• Options
    Must admit, I am starting to eat my hat a little bit on him, he does seem to be in the right place at the right time.. And he has a lot of luck going his way at the moment.. Goal last night, I actually thought he mis controlled it, but was a good finish.

Fair play.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bonne was never shite. Just didn't fit how QPR played and wasn't championship ready. I can see him doing well this season and next he will get the opportunity in the championship again. 
    Do Ipswich have the option to make it permanent?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bonne was never shite. Just didn't fit how QPR played and wasn't championship ready. I can see him doing well this season and next he will get the opportunity in the championship again. 
    Be interesting if they did go up whether they do, or whether they think he's League 1 quality rather than Championship quality.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Must admit, I am starting to eat my hat a little bit on him, he does seem to be in the right place at the right time.. And he has a lot of luck going his way at the moment.. Goal last night, I actually thought he mis controlled it, but was a good finish.

Fair play.
    That's what happens when you've worked yourself into the right place at the right time, confident and on a goalscoring streak.

In football it's often referred to as "making your own luck".

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What about our buy back clause .....  :wink:  :smile:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Fair play.
    That's what goalscorers do. It's not luck that goalpoachers seem to regularly find themselves in the right place for the easy tap in, when other strikers are 2 yards away
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Yeah they've got even more depth than us and I'd still expect to be behind them come the end of the season, but no reason why we shouldnt both expect to be up there, unless of course they finish 6th ;)
    I agree with your first sentence.

Problem is you need to be better than 18 other teams. For 80% of the squad we probably are, but where it matters (up front) we are sorely lacking. 

@clb74 replied to a post of mine saying that (in their opinion) 2 or 3 of our strikers will chip in with 20 goals EACH.

I say balderdash. 

Already a 3rd way through the season & in the League our top goal scorer (Stockley) has 5, with Davison & Washington with 3 each.

I dont think any will get 20 . Probably 15-18 max. The other 2 between 10 & 12.

• Options

Problem is you need to be better than 18 other teams. For 80% of the squad we probably are, but where it matters (up front) we are sorely lacking. 

@clb74 replied to a post of mine saying that (in their opinion) 2 or 3 of our strikers will chip in with 20 goals EACH.

I say balderdash. 

Already a 3rd way through the season & in the League our top goal scorer (Stockley) has 5, with Davison & Washington with 3 each.

Stockley actually has 6 goals from 12 starts. His tally, overall for us in the League, is 14 goals from 32 starts and 6 sub appearances. In all competitions his record is 17 goals from 33 starts and 7 sub appearances. With the right service over the course of a season at this level I think he would get 20 League goals. If Michael Smith is capable of doing it I'm sure Stockley is. 

• Options

I say balderdash. 

Golfie I was taking the p!ss
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I say balderdash. 

Golfie I was taking the p!ss
    Oh ok. I declare myself whooshed......
  • Options
    Yeah it wasn’t particularly impressive from him last night. Pre-match I assumed he was nailed on to score against us but he was completely absent. 
  • Options
    I backed him to score anytime but didn't mind losing that one - he did absolutely nothing (mind you neither did the rest of them)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked as if he had put on a few pounds and wasn’t fit to me. 
  • Options
    Would love to know his stats from last night. I don't think he had more than 10 touches of the ball.
  • Options
    They didn't create one chance for him, ok i am sure he could do more off the ball but he couldn't do much last night, they had zero shots on target so not on him the sub-par performance. 
  • Options
    His game is all about taking chances, he offers nothing else 
  • Options
    There is zero point ripping a decent chap. You're all just saying the same bloody things that we know.

His push on Pearce was quite funny, as bet be shat it for some time after.
  • Options
    Looked as if he had put on a few pounds and wasn’t fit to me. 
    The new Mrs Bonne is evidently a good cook
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Eight games without a goal now, is it? He's going to struggle in a team that's not playing well because he offers nothing else other than finishing.