Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 15 September | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    Was going to edit my line up, but changed my mind. Be a huge game if Barker plays though, especially if West Ham play bigger and more experienced players. 
    I think you're miles overestimating the strength of the team we will put out.

I suspect only Amos, Oshilaja and Purrington will play from Saturdays starting line up. 

I reckon LB will go

Amos

Lapslie, Barker, Oshilaja, Purrington

Levitt, Vennings, Oztumer (or Williams), Dempsey, Morgan

Davison.
    Didn't Lapslie and Barker also both start on Saturday, meaning nearly 50% of the team is the same as Sat?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sage said:
    Was going to edit my line up, but changed my mind. Be a huge game if Barker plays though, especially if West Ham play bigger and more experienced players. 

I suspect only Amos, Oshilaja and Purrington will play from Saturdays starting line up. 

I reckon LB will go

Amos

Davison.
    And Lapslie and Barker as well then :wink:

Maybe I am, I just think that Bowyer isn’t going to want us to get absolutely smashed playing such a weak side. It’ll do nothing for confidence when we’ve won two on the spin. 
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    Sage said:

I reckon LB will go

Amos

Davison.
    Didn't Lapslie and Barker also both start on Saturday, meaning nearly 50% of the team is the same as Sat?
    Oops!

But you know what I mean!
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    Sage said:

I reckon LB will go

Amos

Davison.
    Oops!

But you know what I mean!
    Unfortunately, I completely agree this is the way it is likely to go, if only for Bowyer to prove how short we are on bodies and to prioritize the league.  Its a real shame as West Ham are there for the taking.  
  • Options
    So appreciate all the background info Sage and FA, thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    This is how I think they’ll lineup, if Cullen’s not in there I’d guess he’s being sold.  Although they’re dodgy at the back, I think even their reserve front three could do some damage.  Pretty certain Lanzini will play as he’s been out for a while, so the kid Barker has got a serious task.

Randolph
    Johnson, Balbuena, Ogbonna, Cresswell
    Cullen, Soucek, Snodgrass
    Yarmelenko, Haller, Lanzini 

• Options
    Obviously ill watch because its West Ham but CBA with the cup until TS is at the helm. 0-0 draw and we lose on pens
  • Options
    Big ask Crewe to West Ham we all know the answer really .....Boxing Day result coming up 5-0.
  • Options
    Referee for this game is Andre Marriner premier league referee. 
    Who ref'd our League Cup game away at Grimsby in Sept 2004......which we won 2-0.

Having watched the spammers on Sat night I'm going for a similar result. 

2-0 to the S/E Londoners.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    It’ll be exciting to play in such a vast stadium so far from the fans ... we will have some moments ... but 3-0 to the hammers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5-0 as the reality of a League 1 club in crisis against a Premier club kicks in.

There's only one result (two with the court case) that matters this week and a ball won't be kicked in anger.
  • Options
    Just hope we practice penalties this will be a draw after 90 mins.

First game of Sandgaard era.
    I question whether Sandgaard Is match fit yet.
  • Options
    we'll have a strong side out, LB expecting reinforcements + a very short pre season, no way will we be sticking the kids out to get smashed.
  • Options
    Is this being streamed by Valley Player? 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    se9addick said:
    We were able to see the Swindon game so be very surprised if this one isnt

There just wont be the option for those fans abroad unless they use a VPN
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Oh cool, forgot Swindon was on there.
  • Options
    Just got a feeling this could be our year...

Apart from the fact no-one knows who owns the club, we are broke and we hardly have any players over the age of 11 or under the age of 40,  things are looking pretty good. 

0-0
  • Options
    Game live on Talksport. 
  • Options
    Game live on Talksport. 
    Viewable or just radio commentary?
  • Options
    we'll have a strong side out, LB expecting reinforcements + a very short pre season, no way will we be sticking the kids out to get smashed.
    Agreed. Wont do anything for the likes of Ben Dempsey confidence if he getting the run around from senior international footballers and on the end of a 7-0 thumping.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game live on Talksport. 
    Radio, I'm not sure Talksport has a viewable channel. 
    Sorry.
  • Options
    Game live on Talksport. 
    Radio, I'm not sure Talksport has a viewable channel. 
    Sorry.
    Yeah I presumed it would be on Radio being TalkSport

Just the way you wrote it made me wonder
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Is there a reason fans abroad can't stream this one?
  • Options
    follett said:
    se9addick said:

Just competition rules for some stupid reason

As is the fact that we've got to sign up via. the Carabeo Cup website to see the game tomorrow rather than through Valley Pass now!!

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f5f40b845e22/how-to-watch-the-live-stream-of-tuesdays-west-ham-united-v-charlton-carabao-cup-clash
  • Options
    follett said:
    se9addick said:

Just competition rules for some stupid reason

As is the fact that we've got to sign up via. the Carabeo Cup website to see the game tomorrow rather than through Valley Pass now!!

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f5f40b845e22/how-to-watch-the-live-stream-of-tuesdays-west-ham-united-v-charlton-carabao-cup-clash
    Thanks! Bit of a pain. I'm in the UK but have purchased the season video game pass using vpn - will have to buy this one separately
  • Options
    As a technophobe am I am reading it cptrectly
    that I will be able to stream on an IPad?
  • Options
    The EFL streaming website says it will work on apple devices with IOS 9 or above installed so should work if you have an up to date ipad
  • Options
    follett said:
    The EFL streaming website says it will work on apple devices with IOS 9 or above installed so should work if you have an up to date ipad
    Thanks I have managed to check and I should be ok. 
  • Options
    would be different if spectators were allowed, it would be a good money spinner .. Moyes will put out a weak side (weaker than usual that is) and it depends on if Bowyer decides to take this seriously

CAFC on Pens ((:>)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!