Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Afternoon Kips

I've been getting involved for the last few months, starting during lock down when I had a water infection that I'm still trying to shake off now, 5 odd months later (joys of taking immunosuppressive drugs). Got the advantage of working for myself, but I generally knock out at hour or so of ZZZ around 1pm and reckon my "productivity" has genuinely not been affected and may even have gone up on some days, as I can work a bit later.

Anyone else indulge in an afternoon snooze?

Comments

• Gotta be done ... it’s refreshing 
  • Oh yes. Got used to it when we were running the bar. I don't sleep well, so I usually get up pretty early, whether I have been up late the night before or not, so I'm ready for some shut eye about 2PM.     
  • Haven’t had an afternoon nap since my eldest was a baby.

I miss them, they are brilliant.
  • Yes, have been having a siesta since lockdown began. Usually when my 10 month old Daughter has hers - certainly recharges the batteries. 
  • On holiday, if I've been out sightseeing under a baking sun all day, and maybe had a few drinks at lunchtime, I do occasionally have a late afternoon nap (4 or 5ish). That seems to be the time of day when a quick snooze for me may be beneficial
  • Just cought up with this thread as I've been a kip
  • have done the odd quiet day when working on the sofa....
  • Sponsored links:

• Doing shift work i only have to sit down , put a bit of music on and i am out by the second track for a few hours , i have been doing shift work for the past 17 years and even now it messes my body clock up . 
  • I love my afternoon nap.
  • Just about to start mine   

• It would be interesting to know more of the research on this, but I'm afraid that little snippet tells us nothing that is useful. It could be, for example, that people who are seriously ill feel more tired and are consequently more likely to take a nap. That would give a correlation, but no causal link between napping and ill health.
  • No, I hate sleeping during the day and it annoys me if others do it. 
    People asleep on trains any time but in the morning especially annoys me.
    Sleepers make the place look untidy.
  • When you get to 50 it’s compulsory 
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

It would be interesting to know more of the research on this, but I'm afraid that little snippet tells us nothing that is useful. It could be, for example, that people who are seriously ill feel more tired and are consequently more likely to take a nap. That would give a correlation, but no causal link between napping and ill health.
    The fact that it's from China may just mean it's propaganda. They don't want their people taking a nap! 
  • redman said:
    Stig said:

It would be interesting to know more of the research on this, but I'm afraid that little snippet tells us nothing that is useful. It could be, for example, that people who are seriously ill feel more tired and are consequently more likely to take a nap. That would give a correlation, but no causal link between napping and ill health.
    The fact that it's from China may just mean it's propaganda. They don't want their people taking a nap! 
    That’s my thinking too! 
  • Love my afternoon siestas. After about an hour, followed by a nice cup of tea, I feel raring to go.
  • You’ve got to go the whole hog though, no half arsed snooze on the sofa but full-on, pyjamas on under the duvet in your bed kind of nap. Highly recommended.
    Absolutely. I have an afternoon nap of about an hour and a half. Get undressed and in bed as I would at night time. 
  • Bloody hell, CL never ceases to amaze me.
    Afternoon kip, wtaf.
    Go to bed in the afternoon?
    I'm changing my mind, I think Chippy may have a point after all.
  • edited August 2020
    Been having an hour or two kip in the afternoon almost daily since lockdown. Beautiful
  • Love a lunchtime nap.  Have an espresso just before you put your head down and you'll wake up absolutely flying.
  • Colin Cowdrey was an expert, he was known as Kipper, even had to be woken up to go into bat on more than one occasion.
  • Colin Cowdrey was an expert, he was known as Kipper, even had to be woken up to go into bat on more than one occasion.
    Keeper mate, wicket keeper
  • I don't go back a bed. Just a cheeky hour in the armchair