Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    Deal off, Rejected by EFL
  • Options
    Lucky escape for you Alex
  • Options
    If we can’t sign players.....
  • Options
    Hopefully the EFL will reject the sale of any players as well then...

Cant asset strip the club if they cant sell the likes of Dillon Phillips or Alfie Doughty
  • Options

Cant asset strip the club if they cant sell the likes of Dillon Phillips or Alfie Doughty

I’ve liked this more in hope than expectation because I’m really starting to believe that the EFL care little for CAFC at the moment. In fact, part of me thinks that us folding would be a blessed relief for the bods at the EFL because we’re a nuisance to them as it stands.
  • Options

I’ve liked this more in hope than expectation because I’m really starting to believe that the EFL care little for CAFC at the moment. In fact, part of me thinks that us folding would be a blessed relief for the bods at the EFL because we’re a nuisance to them as it stands.
    We should be manor from heaven. The SW thing will be forgotten in no time and they have a perfect opportunity to show some strength over the ownership tests. They also stand an extremely good chance of not losing us from the league which will show how much they care about clubs and their importance to the community.
  • Options
    Really pissed off about this, would much rather have not known this was more or less a done deal until the plug was pulled by the EFL. But most annoyed that on the playing side we're putting together a strong league one team which has been shit on from a great height.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Really pissed off about this, would much rather have not known this was more or less a done deal until the plug was pulled by the EFL. But most annoyed that on the playing side we're putting together a strong league one team which has been shit on from a great height.
     You can thank ESI and Farnell for the media blab. Desperate times for those slimy p****ks
  • Options
    https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/gilbeys-charlton-move-still-alive-clock-ticking-2937446

Still on from the MKD point of view if our ownership can be resolved, though this comment does seriously make me wonder as it implies us paying a reasonable fee and paying decent wages

Charlton came in with an offer that was acceptable for both of us, Alex agreed a contract and then it all stopped with the embargo.
    "He's not forcing a move, it's not us taking a low sum of money which has been suggested. It suited everyone. If a player wants to go, but isn't kicking the door down or spitting his dummy out and is protecting himself and his family and has a better move for him, I don't want players unhappy.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    It's certainly a very confusing time to be a Charlton fan. This Gilbey signing looks like exactly the kind of deal you would want to get over the line, seeing as he was player of the year for a L1 side. We'd be happy with that in the Championship. I wouldn't be massively surprised though if money was being offered and deals being worked out by an ownership that can't actually sign players though; let's not forget that Southall carried out a whole performance of signing Maddison despite knowing full well it wasn't going to happen. It could also be that in order to deflect some fan anger they're chucking the entirety of our saved budget at one eye-catching signing. Get the fans off their backs and then don't actually invest in a full squad. Or it could be that these owners are just legit and we've been wrong this whole time. It's very Charlton that that third one's the least likely of all these possible realities.
    Just a thought but might that have actually been possible as the cost would have been covered by not having to pay Leko and Gallagher's wages?

haven't checked the timings so could be rubbish......
    My understanding of the registration embargo was that we were allowed to replace players who left with players of equivalent cost, hence all our signings being loans replacing loans and Bowyer saying we were reliant on favours, presumably to fit within that wage structure. The talk around Maddison was of a £2m+ fee permanent signing, which was not possible for us. It was all bullshit
    Would love to know who exactly knew the embargo was in place at that time. Was it just Southall (and Amis)? Or did Nimer, Gallen and Bowyer also know, but kept quiet because Southall convinced them it was better to keep it to themselves (spun them another lie in other words)? 
    It's Darragh MacAnthony I've always been interested in on that one. Him and Southall are supposedly mates, and he posted a picture of them meeting up, apparently to discuss signing Toney initially. Once the news about the embargo came out then either MacAnthony will have realised he was played for a fool and had his time wasted, or he will have been in on this bit of silliness with Southall which is a prime dick move. Not like MacAnthony to stay quiet about anything at all either so I'm really intrigued to know what really happened there.
    Darragh did an excellent interview on the Maddison situation on his YouTube channel really honest and blunt, was a must watch basically said we made a good offer but MM wanted crazy money for somebody who never played outside of L1 - was right too as he did nothing for Hull
    I did see that interview, and as you said it was very interesting hearing about Maddison's ridiculous approach to the transfer. The thing is though, none of that really mattered anyway; Maddison could have asked for a billion quid a minute and we could have said yes, or he could have asked for a tenner a week, the outcome would have been the same; no matter how much money he wanted, Peterborough wanted or we were willing to pay, the deal wasn't happening and everyone's time was being wasted because we were under a secret embargo. I've never heard MacAnthony comment on that aspect of it. MacAnthony seemed pretty pissed off at Maddison for wasting his time and risking him getting nothing if he ran his contract down, so I would have expected that he'd be equally annoyed that time was wasted in protracted negotiations when he could have potentially been dealing with someone else. It's all very odd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/gilbeys-charlton-move-still-alive-clock-ticking-2937446

Still on from the MKD point of view if our ownership can be resolved, though this comment does seriously make me wonder as it implies us paying a reasonable fee and paying decent wages

Charlton came in with an offer that was acceptable for both of us, Alex agreed a contract and then it all stopped with the embargo.
    "He's not forcing a move, it's not us taking a low sum of money which has been suggested. It suited everyone. If a player wants to go, but isn't kicking the door down or spitting his dummy out and is protecting himself and his family and has a better move for him, I don't want players unhappy.
    I’d want cleared funds in advance with some sort of cast iron proof of origin if I were MK Dons!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Get in! Good signing if it comes off!
  • Options
    How does this happen when we are under embargo? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unbelievable! Welcome Alex! 
  • Options
    What a signing. Love it!
  • Options
    Welcome.
  • Options
    LB was away fishing so maybe hes relaxed and knows changes are coming.
    Is that pic today?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I like the sound of this lad, grafter who has had to come up through the leagues.  Box to box, likes a tackle and a goal and player of the season 2 years running at a club at our level.  Gallen is a genius and needs to be held onto at all costs.