Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time to Play Naby Up Front?

Mentioned on here numerous times in the Season.

Lee has said he’s the best finisher at the club, Hemed can’t hit a barn door, and we struggle to score more than one goal in a game.

Would cause havoc in the oppositions penalty area, one last role of the dice Lee....

Comments

• Options
    Phil Chapple
  • Options
    If he can learn to stay onside when he plays up front then sure
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Phil Chapple
    I think his legs have gone.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Probably will happen in injury time after he's unsuccessfully been thrown on to protect the lead. 
  • Options
    Let him take the free kicks 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Absolutely not, Davison and even Hemed before we resort to desperate measures. Last knocking if you want to go route one like we did at QPR other than that it's a big fat NO from me 😉.
  • Options
    We need someone who can hold the ball, Hemeds the best out of a bad bunch to do that, but he cant last more than half hour. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Thought Aneke did a far better job of holding the ball up the other day than Hemed. 
    Aneke can also keep the ball better, bloke is a battering ram

Hemed is decent at controlling it and playing a pass provided he's not crowded out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let him take the free kicks 
    This. He curls in a beauty against Wimbledon and I don't recall him taking another one. We know how good his crossing can be
  • Options
    I bought into the ‘hype’ if you can ever get Charlton players hyped up, when we signed him, it just hasn’t worked out for him , zero goals, and I can’t remember any assists either, it’s looks like one season too many at this level, has a moody determined look about him, if Simon church was nicknamed sponge foot, goodness know what foot hemed Will be nicknamed, he’s got to offer more in my opinion to warrant being in the team.
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    By all means stick Naby up front for set pieces and the last desperate 5 minutes as an extra striker to chase a game.

But start him up there? No, he hasn't got a clue about movement, creating space in the box, timing and anticipation off the ball.
    It's just not his game. And it shows.

• Options
    Let’s allow Naby’s largely awful 5 years at the club to pass gracefully from the bench 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Why not, He can't do any worse than Hemed
  • Options
    It would certainly throw off any opposition preparation for how we set up to play at least
  • Options
    We need a bit of creative thinking rather than doing the same old stuff that ain’t worked!

Not saying this would 100% work, but we are so bleeding predictable, (sorry gotta get it out of my system).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    By all means stick Naby up front for set pieces and the last desperate 5 minutes as an extra striker to chase a game.

But start him up there? No, he hasn't got a clue about movement, creating space in the box, timing and anticipation off the ball.
    It's just not his game. And it shows.

Do you not recall his sublime stroll into the box vs Hull? ;)
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Definitely not. If we rolling the dice, I'd rather see young Davidson entering the fray.
  • Options
    I thought Ben Amos was taking some good shots in training.
  • Options
    His control and finish at QPR suggests it might work, but if we're seriously considering this then it's a desperate time.
  • Options
    Sarr should only play up front in the last 10 if we are chasing a result and not looking a threat. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:one of the strongest Championships ever 
    Objection your honour , it’s close because everyone is pony not because we’ve all become Brazil 1970
  • Options
    Play him at the back from the start and he can go up for corners. No point bringing him on for the last 5 and sticking him up top as this kind of thing never ever comes off for us.
  • Options
    Today could be Nabys last appearance at The Valley :-(
  • Options
    Devil's advocate: Sarr has only ever played up front in panic-stations scenarios, when this season at least we've generally proved useless at them (except for that one time against QPR, when Sarr scored, or that one time against WBA, when Sarr won a penalty, or last season against Peterborough, when Sarr set up Grant etc etc) - why not a full game? We know he has a good touch, strength, flair, aerial presence and can finish. As has been said, he may not have the natural movement of a striker, but there's certainly an instinct there.

I still want to see Chuks and Hemed together though - Bowyer seems reluctant to try it