Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wigan | Sat 18 Jul | 12:30pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    It would take incredible balls to do it but our best chance of 3 points is to play the reserves in this game and then throw a rested first team at Leeds on the last day of the season. 
  • Options
    0-1.  Wigan revive that special ability of Charlton to concede just after half time.  All of us have been spewing that we’ve conceded another inj time goal at Brum on Wednesday, but we forget another speciality is the immediate goal after the restart.

Keefer Moore gets the better of Pearce who is left with no choice but to go for the grapple after a wayward ball from JFC who was trying one of his Beckhamesque cross field balls that falls way short.

There is no answer in attack.  Naby is thrown up top toward the end to no avail.  The whole site then spends the next few days working through all the permutations as we drop into the bottom 3, a point behind Luton and Huddersfield
  • Options
    We must try every trick in the book to avoid the Wigan players getting to the match on time.

If they’re travelling by coach, get Del Boy to arrange the hire so that the coach blows up.

If they’re travelling individually in cars, we need to find out where each car is parked so that bananas can be shoved deep inside each exhaust pipe. If they manage to acquire other cars, we need to hire 27,111 caravans to be towed along the motorways in convoys at excruciatingly slow speeds, across all lanes.

If by plane, hopefully they’re on an EasyJet flight which will guarantee they’ll miss the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Winner takes all in this one. We don't usually do well against Wigan. 
    Its a match that favours the home team - Both Wigan and Charlton have just the one win and one draw at each others venue

Charlton are the only side to have recorded a double (in 2014/15 which ultimately saw them relegated) 
  • Options
    Same team as last night for me but play Aneke instead of Hemed.

If Doughty isn't fit enough to start then please please play an actual left back there. Not Oshilaja.
    Bang on... I'll ring LB to tell him! 🤣 
  • Options
    10-0 Charlton and the players do a lap of honour at the end.
    When we reach 9-0, the sound of Sue Parkes shouting "we want 10" drives the players onto double figures
  • Options
    Surely our bad luck in the last two games, particularly against Reading, will balance out and we’ll manage a flukey win!
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Our current post-restart record looks like WWDLLLD so on that basis I'm going for another 2 wins to complete the palindrome 
    Yeah I noticed that last night, wasn't brave enough to post it lol!
  • Options
    Goodnight Vienna 0-2 and welcome to League 1.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0 - 1
  • Options
    2-1
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    10-0 Charlton and the players do a lap of honour at the end.
    When we reach 9-0, the sound of Sue Parkes shouting "we want 10" drives the players onto double figures  gives rise to Tony Keohane injuring himself falling down the stairs whilst running to fetch some more plates of food.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    It would take incredible balls to do it but our best chance of 3 points is to play the reserves in this game and then throw a rested first team at Leeds on the last day of the season. 
    Sadly incredible balls or indeed balls of any level of believability are sadly lacking at the Valley these days, except for deflated ones.
  • Options
    We’’ll end up where we deserve to end up ...
    and with the sheer rankness of us atm it’s looking like relegation 
    but there are sparks of hope out there , Doughty has got some magic , McGeady has shown flashes. we’re gonna need a lot of luck to get anything from these last two fixtures, problem is we used most of that up at the beginning of the season when we had our best team .
    i suppose as the saying goes you make your own luck and we’re so shit we can’t even do that .
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Wigan have had 5 clean sheets in the past 6 games, we struggle to score goals. At the very best I can only see a draw.
    The Luton v Hull game ending in a draw changes everything to our chances of staying up.  3 points from either side will probably mean we go onto the Leeds game in the bottom three.  
  • Options
    We’’ll end up where we deserve to end up ...
    and with the sheer rankness of us atm it’s looking like relegation 
    but there are sparks of hope out there , Doughty has got some magic , McGeady has shown flashes. we’re gonna need a lot of luck to get anything from these last two fixtures, problem is we used most of that up at the beginning of the season when we had our best team .
    i suppose as the saying goes you make your own luck and we’re so shit we can’t even do that .
    I blame Dushitelet.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Wigan are on decent form. Loss, Narrow win, Draw, Large win. The loss and draw have been away and the draw was a lucky point against Luton where they didn't have a shot on target. People look at the 8-0 and big them up too much. That is likely to be as much about Hull as Wigan. They are beatable. That doesn't mean we will beat them, but we can.

No way can Bowyer start Page given the length of time he has been out.
  • Options
    Wigan have had 5 clean sheets in the past 6 games, we struggle to score goals. At the very best I can only see a draw.
    The Luton v Hull game ending in a draw changes everything to our chances of staying up.  3 points from either side will probably mean we go onto the Leeds game in the bottom three.  
    Not if Hudders lose and we draw it won’t. 
  • Options
    1-1 draw. It will be the 0-0 at Leeds that keeps us up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Ever the optimist and despite still being extremely peed off after Wednesday, I believe we will win. 
    Cullen with a 95th minute penalty and he then immediately signs a five year contract with us at the final whistle. 

• Options
    Tough game, but it's not like Wigan are impossible to play against, particularly when they are away from home (their rather dull draw against Barnsley proves that), so I am going for 0-0, and then another 0-0 against Leeds to narrowly keep us up.
  • Options
    Best case scenario...... Charlton win and Luton v Hull draw. Wouldn't put money on it though.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    cafc_se7 said:
    Not if Hudders lose and we draw it won’t. 
    We wont be in the bottom three even if we draw regardless of the Huddersfield result - All three will remain below us as Luton / Hull have a vastly inferior Goal Difference (discounting Barnsley)
  • Options
    sralan said:
    Best case scenario...... Charlton win and Luton v Hull draw. Wouldn't put money on it though.
    If we win, it doesn't matter what happens in that game as we'll be clear of Wigan (assuming they get the penalty). We might be ahead of a couple of other teams as well on 50
  • Options
    The head and the heart are in deep and heated conversation about the outcome of this one. I’ll let you know if they come to any conclusions.
  • Options
    Whatever the result can we please see some passion, fight, a desire to move into space and to keep attacking for over 90 minutes....

Is it to much to ask for????

I hear cries of Yes....

Taxi!