Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Charlton RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP Jack, very good old school CH not just a stopper did his job defending winning the ball and keeping it simple either clearing it or laying it off to those around him.
  • Options
    RIP a true legend 
  • Options
    R.I.P big man another of the boys of 66 gone but never forgotten. Plus a great manager 
  • Options
    RIP Big Jack. 
  • Options
    A football great bearing in mind his overall contribution to football...always a very engaging character..RIP 
  • Options
    RIP Jack
  • Options
    RIP big Jack.

Loved his raconteur...did he have a little black book as he said? And if so, how many names were in it?

Will be sadly missed.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Pedro45 said:
    RIP big Jack.

Loved his raconteur...did he have a little black book as he said? And if so, how many names were in it?

Will be sadly missed.
    Yes according to my Leeds supporting cousin, so you can relax now 😉.
  • Options
    RIP

Saw him at The Valley in the sixties when Leeds were in the old division 2. A few seasons later he was a World Cup winner!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Jack
  • Options
    I have always believed that J C was the last and one of the most important jigsaw pieces in the making of Ramsey's World Cup winning team .. he was a totally determined granite hard defender who allowed Moore some discretion at the back .. J C held the defence together and terrified all but the bravest attackers, I'll go so far as to say that without him we would not have won the cup. 
    I remember him at the Valley (mid 1960s) in Leeds's promotion year a hard man in a very hard team: Hunter, Bremner, Giles, Reaney, Collins, Cooper; J C was the hardest of them all but in an understated way .. I recall him grabbing goalkeeper Sprake by the collar after one mistake .. Leeds beat a very good Addicks team that day in a season where we finished just short of promotion (no play offs in those days) .. memories memories lol 

J C has suffered from dementia for a while but I could never imagine him  dying, he seemed so indestructible .. I know it comes to us all, but this is a sad day

R I P  (now posted on 2 tributes )
  • Options
    RIP. Great player.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP the big man. 
  • Options

From the big man's Wiki page -

When he made his Leeds debut he asked the manager for instructions. He was told "see how fast their centre forward can limp!"

• Options
    Rubbish news, Rest in Peace big Jack
  • Options
    "you've gotta puddum under preshha" 

Another legend gone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Big Jack & thank you 🙏🏻 💚
  • Options
    Always used to love watching his press interviews when he was the Ireland manager. A true legend of football and sport. RIP 
  • Options
    Oh Wow, what a sad way to start the day.
    Goodbye old fella.
    A true legend of the game, not only here in The UK but worldwide.
    Fantastic uncompromising centre half who didn’t take any crap on or off the field of play. Very strong character.
    What a life he had too.
    RIP.....Sir.....RIP.
  • Options
    Met him at a function about 10-12 years ago, great great man had a decent chat, very humble man as well,  I was in awe, RIP Jack.
  • Options
    RIP Jack Charlton

from the other Jack Charlton.
  • Options
    One of the true characters of the game.

RIP
  • Options
    Legend RIP big Jack 
  • Options
    Absolute legend lost, RIP.
  • Options
    RIP wor Jackie!
  • Options
    RIP a great player, instrumental in our 1966 World Cup winning team.
    Think he started the thing of standing in front of opposing keepers
    at corners. Great player, great manager. Will be sadly missed!