Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What does Bowyer dislike about Williams?

If that is someone that is 'unfit' and 'not ready', then we need a lot more unfit players in the squad. 

When uninjured, he should play an hour every single game from here on out. Makes us far better as a team. 

Comments

• We don’t see what Bowyer sees in training
  • He’s not defensive enough....God forbid we should have a player on the pitch that likes to attack. 
  • Welshist?
  • edited July 2020
  • He’s not defensive enough....God forbid we should have a player on the pitch that likes to attack. 
    Yet he helps out far more than McGeady does. 
  • 2121 said:
    Why did he take him off, looked fit? Was covering well. Was he injured? 
    Lapslie got his rinsed all over the pitch when he came on. 
    I certainly didn't see why he was take off so soon.
  • 2121 said:
    I certainly didn't see why he was take off so soon.
    Agreed - he had at least 15 more mins left in the tank. Don’t mind a like for like swap, but Lapslie for Williams is so negative. Might as well have put Amos on for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some players save it for the game. He is an experienced international and Bowyer needs to trust he will go out and do the business.
  • It's part of the master plan to play the final 30 mins in our half. Works every time.
  • ct_addick said:
    Some players save it for the game. He is an experienced international and Bowyer needs to trust he will go out and do the business.
    Having one player train less than the others and get away with it sets a pretty poor precedent.
  • Can anyone with the stats tell me if William's has completed a full 90 mins for us?
  • 2121 said:
    This. Said as much on the match thread that it was a defensive move. Hate to be proved right.

And Lapslie is half the player Williams is. Runs about like a headless chicken & got done numerous times. 
  • Would you start , bench or leave out Williams for the next game at home to reading on Saturday?
  • Would you start , bench or leave out Williams for the next game at home to reading on Saturday?
    Would start him but again wouldn't expect him to last the full match
  • edited July 2020
    Would you start , bench or leave out Williams for the next game at home to reading on Saturday?
    He has to start. Important to get our noses in front, take him off and graciously accept a brave 2-1 defeat. 
  • Sponsored links:

• And there I was thinking that these guys are professional footballers ie that’s all the fuck they do during a week. But still find it difficult to run around for 90 minutes, with quarterly intervals and yet can’t last the distance. Are these guys wrapped in cotton wool. FFS
  • Ah yes, Jonny Williams, the Welsh one. 
  • His cheese string legs? The man is great when fit but a bit of an injury liability. 
  •  He could have a massive impact for us over the next couple of games.
  • I thought we looked as good as we've been since the break and I put a lot of that down to Williams.
    He can keep hold of the ball and if the opposition touch him he goes down, wins the free kick, slows the game down and stops the opposition building momentum.

Williams can't usually manage more than 60 mins, but he did look full of running.
    Brentford were not kicking him and weren't about to.

As soon as Lapslie came on for Williams I suspected the game would turn rapidly and it did.

I presume Bowyer knows that if he keeps him on we risk losing him for the last 4 games, so felt he had no choice, but what a predictable outcome.
    You could understand it if Brentford were a physical, dirty side but that wasn't the case tonight. He'll get far more kicked in the next 3 matches
  • Told you he has been sexting Mrs B during lock down!!

I have no idea to be honest, I would play him for the first hour every week, I would have McGeady as 4th choice for the "10" shirt.  But what do I know.

As an aside Len Glover just got a mention in the sky comms of Arsenal v Leicester. 
  • 2121 said:
    Lapslie was dog shit