Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread:Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul 2020| 8:15pm KO

edited July 2020 in General Charlton
The game we've all been dreading/looking forward to:

Phillips, Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce, Oshilaja, Pratley, Cullen, McGeady, Morgan, Bonne, Hemed.

Subs: Amos, Purrington, Williams, Aneke, Sarr, Field, Forster-Caskey, Green, Doughty.

Comments

• Options

• Options
    From the OS:

Lee Bowyer has made seven changes to his starting XI from the midweek trip to Cardiff City, reverting to the side which beat Hull City and Queens Park Rangers since the restart.

Macauley Bonne and Tomer Hemed return to lead the line in Lee Bowyer’s selection which sees Jason Pearce and Tom Lockyer occupy the centre of defence once again. Meanwhile, Adam Matthews regains his position on the right of defence and Deji Oshilaja on the left.

Charlton’s midfield will see Josh Cullen and Darren Pratley operate in the middle, with Aiden McGeady on the right-wing and academy graduate Albie Morgan on the left, in support of Bonne and Hemed up top.

Ben Amos, Ben Purrington, Jonny Williams, Chuks Aneke, Naby Sarr, Sam Field, Jake Forster-Caskey, Andre Green and Alfie Doughty make up the places on the bench.

Lewis Page remains the only absentee through injury.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5eff601e929cc/team-news-seven-changes-for-addicks-against-millwall

• Options
    Hero Hemed.

I can see the headlines now. 
  • Options
    No Chuks, no Doughty. Disappointed. 
  • Options
    No great surprises there then.
  • Options
    How our injury situation has changed. Withe the addition of Matthews and Lockyer the 9 subs would make a decent side, and probably stronger than some of the first teams  we were putting out earlier this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Chuks, no Doughty. Disappointed. 
    In Bow we trust.
  • Options

Has Mrs Pearce had her baby yet?

We don't want Cap'n Jase hooked after 10 mins because her waters broke. :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Yup, she has. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Yes.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Unsurprising line up. Still don't like the idea of a centre back/right back at left back but oh well. COYR! 
  • Options
    Lack of height is a concern to me
  • Options
    I was mildly confident about tonight and even read this thread ! Now I'm full of doom and gloom waiting for the shit to happen lol
  • Options
    Obviously without checking it's clear that all of Millwall's injured players are miraculously starting. Someone pls confirm
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Oggy Red said:

Yup, she has. 
    Phew! Congratulations to all three.

But can Pearcey last 90 mins after not having slept last night?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Leuth said:
    Obviously without checking it's clear that all of Millwall's injured players are miraculously starting. Someone pls confirm
    My millwall mate said to me he hopes Thompson is fit, as him and molumby make them strong in the middle.

They’re both starting. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Unsurprising line up. Still don't like the idea of a centre back/right back at left back but oh well. COYR! 
    Trying reading that line aloud when you're pissed.

• Options
    Bennett misses out .
  • Options
    7 changes again and back to Bowyer's first choice 11.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    My millwall mate said to me he hopes Thompson is fit, as him and molumby make them strong in the middle.

They’re both starting. 

Thompson is on their bench
  • Options
    That's obviously Bowyer's 1st choice 11 of the players he has.  Says a lot about what he sees in training. 

Williams obviously on the text again. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

They’re both starting. 

Thompson is on their bench
    That’s definitely good news. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!