Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul | 8:15pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    One weeks Now Sky Sports Pass available as a download voucher from Game for £10 online.
  • Options
    If we win this one I'll give christianity another chance...

Come on God, you surely aren't aligned to that mob? ;)
  • Options
    1-2 sadly 👎🏽
  • Options
    Bowells in overdrive already,this really is a big game,win and we have 49 points with 5 left,lose and we could be right back in it,surely our time must have come.
    Re the flag,what difference will it make,lets not be petty.
  • Options
    I'm expecting another frustrating game. We have a distinct lack of firepower, and our clean sheets have got to stop some time, probably tonight.

0-2, with the second goal coming late on.

If we are to have any chance, we must beware of fast breakaways and also stop crosses coming in once Smith in on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will start setting up the garden in a bit in anticipation of the cup final/no cup final later today.

Reckon I've marinated about 250 chicken wings and at least 100 ribs. Will stock the fridge as well. Only got 4 friends coming over, with the other half disappearing to her mothers with the kids.

Anyone else making more of a night of it?
  • Options
    Will start setting up the garden in a bit in anticipation of the cup final/no cup final later today.

Reckon I've marinated about 250 chicken wings and at least 100 ribs. Will stock the fridge as well. Only got 4 friends coming over, with the other half disappearing to her mothers with the kids.

Of course, Charlton playing on a Friday night. Nothing else to do except have a big session. Most of our matches are at 12:30 so cant really be steaming at a mates house at 10AM on a Saturday

The fact its the South London Derby makes it 100% more exciting. Beers will be flowing from 5pm onwards to watch Pompey game before hand.
  • Options
    On this day two years ago England won a penalty shoot out for the first time at a World Cup.

Can this date conjure up some more good fortune? 

Course not its f***ing Millwall. 

• Options

Forget the football, this works out at 50 wings per person! Fire me over the postcode mate haha 

I’m doing a zoom call with some Millwall mates, silly decision to agree to it. 

Enjoy 
  • Options
    robroy said:

Forget the football, this works out at 50 wings per person! Fire me over the postcode mate haha 

Enjoy 
    You want to stand around prepping the poxy things. Nightmare.

Enjoy your call and the game.
  • Options
    I'm telling @Arsenetatters about the chicken wings.
    They were ethically prepared with all the care and attention their lives deserved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I was trying to get these ones in to a crowdie but they didn’t fit too well and look how rubbish some of the ones that did come out 
    That would make a great framed pic. 
  • Options
    robroy said:

Enjoy 

I’m hoping buffalo hot wings with blue cheese sauce 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    robroy said:
    robroy said:

Enjoy 

I’m hoping buffalo hot wings with blue cheese sauce 
    Of course.  That accounts for about half the wings. The other 50% are split between honey mustard and a stupidly hot concoction I threw together.
  • Options
    Bowells in overdrive already,this really is a big game,win and we have 49 points with 5 left,lose and we could be right back in it,surely our time must have come.
    Re the flag,what difference will it make,lets not be petty.
    I agree. Fly it from the top of the stand.
  • Options
    I fear that both sides will cancel each other out and it will be a 0-0 bore which, as much as we might think would be a great result, it wouldn't.

It's one of the three games we need to win and have every opportunity, on paper, of doing so. Millwall have managed just two points (as opposed to our seven) since we came back, have only won two of their last 13 games and have minimal chance, on form, of making the play offs now. 

But then we have to take our awful record against them into account. And form does tend to go out of the window when it comes to this particular match.
  • Options

is that an invitation?  :)
    I've already filled the Charlton quota for this evening. 20% of those in attendance will be Charlton fans. However, if he turns up with a flag then he'll be refused entry.
    Surely James Seed makes it only 10% Charlton or is he part of the millwall 80% ?
  • Options
    Well the day is finally here... and I'd take a point after all said and done.

I think we have just got to keep picking up points rather than look over our shoulder at the bonkers results going on.

I just want us to avoid relegation by whatever means possible be it Wigans lost points or Sheff Wednesday's getting screwed... I don't care because if we go down I reckon Bowyer will be gone and that is more of a disaster than the whole takeover shit show.