Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Cardiff City v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 30 June 2020 6pm ko

Comments

• Options
    Bow treating this one as a free hit, I reckon.
    Just hope Matthews is rested, not injured...
    Definitely rested.
  • Options
    This is a more attacking line-up than in the first two games IMO
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Plenty of attacking options on the bench if we can stay in the game past half time, to go on and win it. Stranger things have happened, in Bowyer I trust COYRs.
  • Options
    Adomah's last game for Cardiff before leaving
  • Options
    Scum 1 up already
    Beat us on Friday & they could possibly be in the play offs.....
  • Options
    For those who are not watching the game SSN will show the goals as they go in, let us hope we only see a Charlton goal
  • Options
    Scum 1 up already
    Cheer up, Golfie! :smile:
  • Options
    Scum 1 up already
    If we beat Millwall on Friday, then next season we could possibly be in the play offs! :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't mind that lineup, but really surprising that both Williams AND Purrington have been on the bench for all 3 games so far, when before the resumption most people would have pencilled them in as starters. You have to assume that both aren't in as good condition/form as many of the other p[layers.
  • Options
    I can't see many Addicks in the crowd ........  rubbish away support again, eh, OohAagh ? :smile:
  • Options
    not as confident as some with that line up. 7 changes seems extreme. one eye on the spanners as maybe bowyer sees it as the more winnable game (putting our record against them to one side)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I can't see many Addicks in the crowd ........  rubbish away support again, eh, OohAagh ? :smile:
    Cardboard cut outs coach must have had a breakdown or held up in the rush hour traffic 😉.
  • Options
    Tomlin off the bench to punish us once again, no doubt. We've never been able to deal with that portly fleet footed dancer.
  • Options
    7 changes is unexpected. 
    I hope that Bowyer is not 'saving' some players for 'easier games' .. cliché states: never change a winning team .. no Hemed ? .. at least some bench warmers get a start .. come on you Addickssss a aa a a a a  
  • Options
    Don't mind that lineup, but really surprising that both Williams AND Purrington have been on the bench for all 3 games so far, when before the resumption most people would have pencilled them in as starters. You have to assume that both aren't in as good condition/form as many of the other p[layers.
    Not sure I'd agree with that, Killer.

I reckon more to do with Bowyer's gameplans, horses for courses and all that.

Both Williams and Purrington will play their part in the run in.

• Options
    After naming the same team for the first time all season on Saturday, Bowyer makes 7 changes... he must’ve been getting the shakes or something. Wasn’t expecting that many but definitely expected 4

Interesting team, got a lot of pace and good to see Field and Aneke start. Worried about Lappo at wing back. Going to need protection, but that’s exactly what Cullen, Field, and Forster-Caskey is for.

Excited to be honest.
  • Options
    I don’t see us scoring with that team 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry guys... I've set myself up for an evening of disappointment

Have just missed out on my second 5k PB in two weeks by three seconds, Charlton surely going to continue the theme

I'll take the blame for this one Lee!!
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I don’t see us scoring with that team 
    You watch, Aneke hattrick first 6 minutes.
  • Options
    Just watching the warm up. Our boys look quite relaxed.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Not sure I'd agree with that, Killer.

I reckon more to do with Bowyer's gameplans, horses for courses and all that.

Both Williams and Purrington will play their part in the run in.

But 3 games is a 3rd of the mini-season. It's not as if Purrington was being kept out by an orthodox LB either
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just watching the warm up. Our boys look quite relaxed.
    Been told to take it easy and the result does not matter confirmed. #BOWYEROUT
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Matthews is being rested! 
    Or injured.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Matthews is being rested! 
    Or injured.
    That's CAFC optimism.

• Options
    Could be Doughty and Green either side of Aneke. 

Decent shout but is Naby alright playing left back?
    three at the back so he's not
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!