Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Options
    £41 million seems ridiculous, didnt bournemouth sign him for £40million? 

firstly he always has a mistake in him, although sometimes looks very good but also a bit David Luizesque, might do ok but the price seems crazy in these times (City tax?). I think it will work out well but alot of money for a hit n miss player, ok on the ball so should suit them but will he cut out mistakes.
  • Options
    £41 million seems ridiculous, didnt bournemouth sign him for £40million? 

firstly he always has a mistake in him, although sometimes looks very good but also a bit David Luizesque, might do ok but the price seems crazy in these times (City tax?). I think it will work out well but alot of money for a hit n miss player, ok on the ball so should suit them but will he cut out mistakes.
    £20m according to Wiki so they've doubled their money on him
  • Options
    Sky said earlier they bought him from Chelsea for £20m but Chelsea had a buyback option for £40m but have waived it.
  • Options
    City are supposedly looking to get rid of Stones and they still haven't replaced Kompany, so they obviously need defensive players in, and for 40m these days i don't think it's a bad signing and he's a homegrown player. 

However i'd be surprised if City have bought him to be a first choice starter. 
  • Options
    Ake is the perfect fit for Man City. 
  • Options
    Also shows the levels in the championship next season, you've got the likes of Rotherham, Wycombe and Luton trying to compete with Bournemouth and their 40m parachute payment + 50-60m of transfer fee income from Ake and Wilson.
  • Options
    Man City have had a £41m bid for Nathan Ake accepted
    he'll be a good fit with Laporte .. Otamendi probably going, Stones not good enough
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    That's quite low, Maguire was £80m and I know I'd rather have 2 Nathan Akés for that price
    Maguire wasn't signed from a team which had just been relegated due to its lousy defence

Not saying Ake isn't a decent player, but £41m is generous
    Aké is a strong, athletic centre back who can play full back, has a decent passing range and is only 25, and yes Bournemouth went down but that was more to do with Howe trying to play pretty football at all costs, Aké is probably in the top 10 Central defenders in the league. £41m is a steal, and he counts as a homegrown player too. 
    Football is mental when sentences like this are bandied about.
  • Options
    Also shows the levels in the championship next season, you've got the likes of Rotherham, Wycombe and Luton trying to compete with Bournemouth and their 40m parachute payment + 50-60m of transfer fee income from Ake and Wilson.
    Also confirms that a championship wage cap is well justified.
  • Options
    he'll be a good fit with Laporte .. Otamendi probably going, Stones not good enough
    Stones the England international isn’t good enough but Ake is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stones the England international isn’t good enough but Ake is?
    exactly
  • Options
    Muppet season well and truly is on!!... Although would smile if Millwall are looking to pay us £1m for a free agent
  • Options
    Muppet season well and truly is on!!... Although would smile if Millwall are looking to pay us £1m for a free agent
    Dont we have a 1 year extension on Williams or was I imagining that
  • Options
    Yeah but unlike JFC there has been no news about him taking up the option, same with Ben Amos
  • Options
    Can’t see them playing 2 left footed centre backs, not with the emphasis Pep made this year (when Laporte was injured) that playing 2 right footed players was not ideal.

Agree with @Chris_from_Sidcup I’d imagine he’ll be cover/back up.

They'll buy another CB before the season starts.
  • Options
    Yeah but unlike JFC there has been no news about him taking up the option, same with Ben Amos
    Suspect Amos would stay if Dillon is sold. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Suspect Amos would stay if Dillon is sold. 
    No discredit to Maynard-Brewer but you'd hope so
  • Options
    Millwall asked Spurs for Parrot on loan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I felt so cheap lol’ing this
  • Options
    I think you will see a lot of players staying put due to the uncertainty out there in the world. You will also see a few players released as well because clubs will be hurting. Unfortunately because of our shit show owners of the club we will not be in a position to capitalize 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Apparently more than just asked. Reports indicating he's having/had his medical in Ireland and due to be announced soon. Really hoping it's true.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/celtic-offer-knocked-back-as-millwall-loan-deal-for-troy-parrott-set-to-be-sealed-39411566.html
  • Options
    Toby Stevenson on trial at AFC Wimbledon 
  • Options
    Toby Stevenson on trial at AFC Wimbledon 
    Not good enough for League One unfortunately, be better off at somewhere like Orient on trial.
  • Options
    Apparently more than just asked. Reports indicating he's having/had his medical in Ireland and due to be announced soon. Really hoping it's true.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/celtic-offer-knocked-back-as-millwall-loan-deal-for-troy-parrott-set-to-be-sealed-39411566.html
    Great prospect and has a superb scoring record for Ireland at youth level.

From what i've read Spurs were quite keen for him to stay in London, so it's a great coup for you lot.
  • Options

Great prospect and has a superb scoring record for Ireland at youth level.

From what i've read Spurs were quite keen for him to stay in London, so it's a great coup for you lot.
    It's happened. Chuffed with this one.

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/parrott-i-want-to-be-a-part-of-something-at-millwall/?fbclid=IwAR3s8kBnVkI1c9rtSEOIcMUDxpQZxXTwaK5pCjqBIEMJtY_vWo37rqjytM8#.XyVARNLgODw.facebook
  • Options
    Good signing for Millwall. Ryan Woods and troy parrott two very good signings
  • Options
    Good signing for Millwall. Ryan Woods and troy parrott two very good signings
    Both loans but hoping to make Woods permanent at the end of the season. Parrott is the one I'm excited to see play. Also eager to see what else Rowett can do in the market.

Aiden O'Brien, who we released and I said could do a job for you, signed for Sunderland.