Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Options
    Is the transfer window open ? so clubs can actually bring players in and register them to play the final 6-7 games? 
    Window opens 1st of July normally right? so this is not being changed despite the fact the season will start much later and the fact the current season will not end till almost August?

or am I missing something
  • Options
    Is the transfer window open ? so clubs can actually bring players in and register them to play the final 6-7 games? 
    Window opens 1st of July normally right? so this is not being changed despite the fact the season will start much later and the fact the current season will not end till almost August?

No

Clubs can sign players, but they can't play them
  • Options

No

So how does this work with Malik Wilks? 
  • Options

No

So how does this work with Malik Wilks? 
    I assume it was because he was registered to play for Hull already. 

Sane was registered to play for City from February to the summer. Wilks was registered to play for Hull from February to the summer
  • Options
    Baffled by the move of Leroy Sane to Bayern Munich. Not the move itself, but the timing as the season hasn't finished. Still several PL games to, FA Cup semi final to play AND City are still in the Champions League.

If City get a couple of injuries, they might need him. If City go all the way in the CL, he could have won it with them before leaving.
    Possibly City didn't want him getting injured again and jeopardising a deal?

Sane had been out injured for almost a year and his injury in the Community Shield last summer cost him a move. If he'd got injured again then Bayern would've held off and probably waited to get him for free next summer, so City probably thought we'll take the 50m now.

As a side note though, you wouldn't want to be a right back when you've got Sane running at you with Alphonso Davies on the overlap. That's a rapid partnership.
  • Options
    Was Sane in their champions league squad? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Don't think
     so, pretty sure he was injured when they announced it and if it hadn't been for Covid he would have missed the whole thing.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    MrOneLung said:

Don't think so, pretty sure he was injured when they announced it and if it hadn't been for Covid he would have missed the whole thing.
    I think you're right and it explains it because they're going to finish second so it's the Champs league they'll want. Mahrez, Silva and Sterling all ahead of him anyway so barring a couple of injuries Pep isn't going to be bothered. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    2nd Coventry signing as they prepare for life in The Championship 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53309548
  • Options
    3rd Coventry signing confirmed

Callum O'Hare free transfer from Villa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53418130
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4th signing for Coventry 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53434616

Coventry seem to be the only Championship team doing business atm and they are doing alot of business 
  • Options
    I wonder if they are able to pick up relative bargains from European teams affected by Covid or whether these are RDesq punts.
  • Options
    A sign of football's financial issues, Rochdale release top scorer Ian Henderson  due to financial reasons (informing him via social media). He's joined moneybags Salford, a great signing for them

https://fanbanter.co.uk/ian-hendersons-shock-statement-has-fans-lashing-out-at-rochdale/
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53586218
  • Options
    Surely they are not that short of cash that they couldn't phone him or tell him face to face that he was being released. 

Who would want to be told they are losing their job via social media?
  • Options
    4th signing for Coventry 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53434616

Coventry seem to be the only Championship team doing business atm and they are doing alot of business 
    Imagine if Bowyer had been given this type of support last summer after getting us back into the Championship. Or Chris Powell before him for that matter.
    The last decade has been such a criminal waste of momentum. 
  • Options
    Can't see many transfer fees being paid in the EFL this window. Lots of freebies though, hopefully Gallen and Bowyer are still around to do something for us 
  • Options
    We signed Ryan Woods on loan for the season ahead. Does that count?
  • Options
    Wasn't he with you last season?
  • Options
    On loan from Stoke? Stunning signing. 😉

Why don’t Stoke like him?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Wasn't he with you last season?
    Yeah, but we've got him again. Thankfully. Out of contract next summer as well so hoping we can get him permanently after that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Not entirely sure. Doesn't fit their system? Rowett signed him for them from Brentford for £6M+, I believe.

Very good range of passing, extremely composed on the ball but rarely goes further forward than the end of Jake Coopers toes. Suits our style of play and is the best player I've seen at our place for a while.
  • Options
    Man City have had a £41m bid for Nathan Ake accepted
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Too ginger
  • Options
    Took me a second to realise the kit was a mashup of the Man City / Bournemouth one

Was about to comment on the design of Man City's kit next season
  • Options
    That's quite low, Maguire was £80m and I know I'd rather have 2 Nathan Akés for that price
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    That's quite low, Maguire was £80m and I know I'd rather have 2 Nathan Akés for that price
    Maguire wasn't signed from a team which had just been relegated due to its lousy defence

Not saying Ake isn't a decent player, but £41m is generous
  • Options
    Surely that's £4.1m isnt it....?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Surely they are not that short of cash that they couldn't phone him or tell him face to face that he was being released. 

Who would want to be told they are losing their job via social media?
    Henderson says he only found out via social media then in the very next sentence he says:

"I only received an email yesterday morning confirming that the offer the club had previously made to extend my contract was being retracted and I was therefore being released"

So you were told then?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Maguire wasn't signed from a team which had just been relegated due to its lousy defence

Not saying Ake isn't a decent player, but £41m is generous
    Aké is a strong, athletic centre back who can play full back, has a decent passing range and is only 25, and yes Bournemouth went down but that was more to do with Howe trying to play pretty football at all costs, Aké is probably in the top 10 Central defenders in the league. £41m is a steal, and he counts as a homegrown player too.