Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfers (non CAFC)

Comments

• Richard J said:
    Omar Beckles has joined Crewe. 
    Thought he might have gone somewhere better than Crewe, it was his choice to leave Shrewsbury
  • Kai Havertz has been confirmed @ Chelsea 
  • Richard J said:
    Thought he might have gone somewhere better than Crewe, it was his choice to leave Shrewsbury
    Same part of the country (not that further North anyway) means his family remains settled if thats a factor 
  • Richard J said:
    Same part of the country (not that further North anyway) means his family remains settled if thats a factor 
    Get that but then surely no point in leaving Shrewsbury? 
  • Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Chilwell, Sarr, Silva. 

Chelsea signing players like they're playing FM right now
  • sam3110 said:
    Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Chilwell, Sarr, Silva. 

Chelsea signing players like they're playing FM right now
    Was wondering where Naby had gone
  • Aiden McGeady still in the departure room at Sunderland. Apparently he is injured. 
  • Wow, don't see that often.

It's really bad that by all accounts they justified the sale by saying it'd pay for Benrahma, and as soon as it goes through they leak that Benrahma is too expensive. 
  • Most unusual for a player, never mind the captain, to criticise transfer dealings
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Really have to hope TS can buy us Weds next week and Grant and Pope are sold on the Thursday.  In theory at the upper end of their ranges quoted in the press we could get £13M for the pair.  Add £1M for Dillon and despite the embargo that could go a long way to the academy redevelopment...or a Championship war chest.
    1) i doubt well end up with that much considering the previous ownership
    2) If we was given that money we will still have a transfer embargo so irrelevant i asssume
    3)Non CAFC rumours? 
    1) dunno what Pope is but heard Grant is 20% so that will be £3 so it probably will be closer to £5M for the pair

2)if TS has already been approved no reason why he cant have already started the process at his own expense a few weeks ago, then the second he takes over the embargo could be lifted.

3)Pope and Grant are not cafc players so guessing thats why they put it on the non cafc runours thread
    As far as I know Pope’s is actually a hefty %, more than 20%. But that’s not for certain, it’s just something I recollect from before. Even if we were to get £8mil of a sell on for the pair, that’s fantastic and goes a long way in the budget for this season. 

Sandgaard has started the process and submitted different forms of paperwork. Hopefully the fact he is transferring money into the new account in England means that he essentially at the source and sufficiency of funds stage should they ask. The transfer of funds to show he has enough for this season and next season is promising. He will be able to provide the documents and statements very easily. Freshfields may already have those ready to go.
    His tweet earlier about the proof of funds going to the EFL hopefully that means when he takes over the embargo can be lifted
    He literally tweeted what he did as I posted my comment earlier. Strange.
  • edited September 2020
    Most unusual for a player, never mind the captain, to criticise transfer dealings
    Have a few West Ham friends, one of them well connected. No one at the club was happy for Diangana to leave other than the board.

There is a lot of internal conflict at the moment, and that just before the season starts cannot be a good thing for a club who keeps on only just surviving relegation season on season.

I am actually a little more surprised it’s taken this long for someone to speak out at West Ham. I am surprised it’s Noble though.

They just don’t have the proper fight within them like we do against owners, too many happy to sit back and take poor leadership.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re a Premier League club etc, but they have no character, soul, or real meaning as a club anymore. Even to back up my point on the lack of fight, too many were happy to leave Upton Park when it was clear as a club it was the wrong move, that’s before every other issue with it. So, when you look as things on a case by case basis, that as a supporter must surely be hard even if you’re playing at that level?

They seem either too apathetic or just lazy to make any real change.
  • West Ham couldn't even get his name right.

Isn't it Diangana?
  • edited September 2020
    His full name is Diangana but he likes to go by Diang I believe. Uses Diang on the back of his shirt etc.
  • WBA have signed David Button from Brighton, presumably to be their back up keeper. 
  • WBA have signed David Button from Brighton, presumably to be their back up keeper. 
    Apart from a spell at Brentford Button has been a career number 2/3.

His reputation witg us suffered when he let a long range effort in against Millwall. 
  • Allan has signed for Everton from Napoli, Ancelotti has had a lot of influence on that signing, he has been outstanding for the most part in Serie A
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54043470

Record signing for Wolves, 18 year old Fabio Silva £35m from Porto

yet another Portuguese player
  • Youngest player and scorer in Porto's history. 

Big move for Wolves to get a player of his talent ahead of the usual big guns.
  • Jimenez off?
  • Sponsored links:

Another club Phillips won't be signing for then.
  • Jimenez off?
    I think Silva will just be 2nd choice, Cutrone has another year at Fiorentina. 
  • Proving that the wage cap doesn't mean much Sunderland have just signed Danny Graham on a years contract

Now there is no way he is on less than 10k even at 35

So either they have a lot of players on hardly anything or they have done my suggestion and said to him take 5k for 1 year then we wil add a clause that there is a 100% increase if we get promoted.

Either way Danny Graham will score goals in League 1
  • Proving that the wage cap doesn't mean much Sunderland have just signed Danny Graham on a years contract

So either they have a lot of players on hardly anything or they have done my suggestion and said to him take 5k for 1 year then we wil add a clause that there is a 100% increase if we get promoted.

I hope spell 2 is as good as spell 1

Or they're just ignoring the cap, in the expectation that it will be reversed in court!

I hope spell 2 is as good as spell 1
    With Sunderland that is (1-goal) rather than League One (14-goals)
  • Surprised Zaha not left Palace yet?.
  • Surprised Zaha not left Palace yet?.
    I think a lot of transfer business is still to be done
  • James Rodriguez to Everton is confirmed

Is this another typical season for Everton where they appear to do well in the market and then flop

Or will it finally be different what with Anchelotti in charge!!
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53992937

Everton sign James Rodriguez for £20m. 6 years ago a star of WC2014 but been a bit disappointing since then