Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    Wigan won't beat Fulham.  We won't beat Leeds.  Barnsley the only risk imo, decent team but Brentford will be guns blazing.  

I am hoping WBA lose so Brentford and Fulham keep going to the end of the 90.
    Given how poorly West brom have been playing recently (2 points from 3 games) and QPR scoring 4 past a usually solid Millwall, it's by no means a given West brom will roll them over.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Our best chance of survival is Wigan not beating Fulham. I doubt we will get anything at Leeds and I will be amazed if Luton don't beat Blackburn. Can't see Barnsley winning at Brentford.
    Yeah, but it's last day of the season ...... the day of the unpredictable, flukes and miracles. 

Anything can happen.

• Options
    at least teams won't have fans there relaying scorelines to them....unless of course the benches decide to tell them
  • Options
    Was there another season where relegation from a division was not settled for any of the bottom positions before the last game of the season?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Was there another season where relegation from a division was not settled for any of the bottom positions before the last game of the season?
    The year we drew with Palace and sent them down, West Brom were bottom but stayed up.
  • Options
    Wigan won't beat Fulham.  We won't beat Leeds.  Barnsley the only risk imo, decent team but Brentford will be guns blazing.  

I am hoping WBA lose so Brentford and Fulham keep going to the end of the 90.
    WBA have had a couple of bad results lately. I’m hoping their game at least stays goalless for a long period.

They can score a winner, but in the last 20 minutes of the game once Fulham and Brentford are already winning themselves.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Gillis said:
    Shock horror Clinton Morrison thinks we'll be the third team to go down on Quest tonight 
    As pundits go, Clinton Morrison is down there with the worst of them. Inarticulate, clueless, and can say four or five consecutive things, each of which contradict what he'd said ten seconds previously.

Quite how he gets a gig on Sky, BBC, and Quest is beyond me. He must be in possession of a lot of incriminating photographs ...
    'Diversity' innit.  Sack old white men and replace with black fellas (or females with voices that crack glass when they get excited) who are more down with the yoot - a demographic they are obsessed with.

Any idea of giving jobs to people based on merit or talent has been dead for a long time at our beloved national broadcaster.  Given that it is the broadcast arm of BLM, is that any surprise?
    Not a single programme on the BBC fronted by a white man anymore. No white men in its senior management, either. PC gone mad.
    Wtf
    If nothing else, this thread proves my career in satire is a non-starter. Oh well, back to the day job... :/
  • Options
    It sounds like we might not even know *after* the last game who’s going down...point deductions look like they’ll still be hanging over teams and not decided beforehand...
  • Options
    In a version with a lot of draws involving the bottom sides, we're safe on 52 points (1 win and 3 draws). Wigan finish on 59, so would stay up on GD over Barnsley! 

Looking at my predictions from the 1st July, I expected the Colin bounce to be more impressive at Boro, for Birmingham to be less dreadful than they were and Stoke to be a lot worse than they were!

If we win and Luton win on Wednesday, Wigan draw, Barnsley draw and Hull lose I won't be too far off though  ;)
  • Options
    would be interesting to see a table based on results at 89 or 90 minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Salad said:
    would be interesting to see a table based on results at 89 or 90 minutes
    Charlton, top of the League :neutral:

• Options
    1968CAFC said:
    All of a sudden our negativity makes people think
    that Luton and Barnsley are world champions 
    instead of struggling teams about to take on better teams, and nobody give us a change.
    utter Bollocks all of it !!

Since the mini League started, Luton have 13 points and Barnsley have 12 and we have 9 points; so nothing to do with being world beaters but they have decent form.

Leeds are on 19, and have gained from not having the expectations from their crowd.
    Are Charlton good enough if Leeds drop their intensity by 10% ?

I hate negatively during a match towards Charlton players, but everything points to a comfortable home win, other than Leeds being too relaxed as they have already reached the mountain top, plus our last 8 matches at Elland Road, where we haven't lost.

We hardly got a kick at the Valley but won 1-0. We will need to be more pro active. 
    As the Brentford away game proved, that the two best teams in the League will eventually carve out too many chances and parking two red buses won't work a second time.

• Options
    One thing that can't happen is that the three clubs who got promoted last season all go down again.
  • Options
    We're down. Close the thread. 
  • Options
    Cheers as if i wasnt down enough i see this just before going sleep. Forgot just how good a position we were in.
  • Options
    Shows how shit we have been
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Wasn't sure where to put this but this thread will do. The players that saw out the season have given everything for this club. As much as I'd like to blame Taylor or Solly, the only thing to blame is the c***s behind the scenes. Roland, Southall, Nimer, Farnell, Elliot. None of these people should ever be allowed to set foot in our stadium again.

Bowyer, his management team and our squad have given everything to this club. They have been let down by the absolute pricks pretending to be our board of directors.

Fuck all the c***s and long live the people that actually care about this club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After we went down 4-0 I switched over to the Brentford v Barnsley game. God I wish I didn't. My poor wife
  • Options
    I'm actually stunned at how high Stoke finished the season!!... 15th really does flatter them
  • Options
    Reading that tweet makes me want to cry
  • Options
    Its the last week that matters though!!
  • Options
    i am glad we got a chance to have a go at it ourselves, instead of relegated on ppg - the shef weds point deduction does it have any chance of actually happening? 
  • Options
    Surely the Middlesbrough game was the most costly in the end. I was the defeat that put us into the bottom 3 proper to lock down, and the performance in that match where we failed to score a goal to grasp a draw. That point would have saved us.
  • Options
    All the last minute goals were a problem but Birmingham was the worst, as by then we pretty much knew the situation.
    Criminal defending.
  • Options
    Hull 90th minute equaliser at home
    Huddersfield 90th minute loss at home
    Blowing a 2 goal lead at home to Cardiff
    Birmingham 93rd minute equaliser

7 easy points there just off the top of my head. It’s our own fault.