Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Queens Park Rangers | Post-match Thread | Saturday 27th June 2020

Comments

• I reckon Bowyer thinks stability is the key and I think he will, if he can, start with the same team on Tuesday- maybe rest Pratley as we’ll need him for Millwall.
    Think your spot on.. My dear old dad said never change a winning team but pratley needs a break so field will probably come in. 
  • I reckon Bowyer thinks stability is the key and I think he will, if he can, start with the same team on Tuesday- maybe rest Pratley as we’ll need him for Millwall.
    Bowyer has also bemoaned plenty of times this season that he's not been able to rotate the squad at important times which has been the cause of injuries this season

Be madness if he only makes the only change ahead of Tuesday / Friday - Risks sending us back to the situation we were in last October
  • 2 more wins is enough with 7 games remaining we still have to play Wigan and Birmingham 

• Thought 3 wins may be needed but two could do it.... God this awful trying to predict games but I didn't see two straight wins which shows how barmy things are.

I still have a tiny hope of Sheffield getting a few points docked which would be a bit of justice. 
  • Thought 3 wins may be needed but two could do it.... God this awful trying to predict games but I didn't see two straight wins which shows how barmy things are.

I still have a tiny hope of Sheffield getting a few points docked which would be a bit of justice. 
    So do I, but I really don't want us to have to be relying on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:
    Thoroughly enjoyed that. Thought we were a lot better than QPR. 1-0 flattered them. Well done all.
    We need to dish up some more chances for Bonne & Hemed/Aneke though as they've proven they can't really create their own chances again yet. 

Might change as they get sharper, but so will other clubs. 
  • Very comfortable win, Cullen MOM
  • Dillion Phillips, different gravy. 

He has turned into one hell of a shot stopper. He had no right to save that but rather than being flat footed, he was alert and did the Schmeichel Starfish, ruling that 6 yard box. 

He has turned into a bit of a unit, now really imposing. Noted also how quickly he was up to scamper and drop on the loose ball. 

Not too dissimilar a save to the one the QPR keeper failed to make from Pratley.

So many points this season gained where Dillion has made the big save in tight games. He saves the tap ins, he saves the long shots too.

Would be my POT by a fair way. 
    Agreed. And he has also turned time wasting into an art form. His routine at goal kicks late in the game is a thing of beauty if that’s what you are into. 
  • Great win but proving hard to pull clear and a tough week coming up. 
    Need two more wins at least I reckon. 
    Well done lads, Cullen and Pratley were superb. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Think I’m think I’m going to give the player marks thread a miss for a while. @lancashire lad does a brilliant job on this and the season long analysis is really insightful. But people are making a mockery of it by giving ridiculous marks to some players (Bonne has been getting 7s and 8s for the last two week when he is clearly out of his depth). He’s not the only one. This isn’t just a Bonne thing. I know this is all subjective but honestly!!!  Some others are giving blanket 10s because we won. I get the sentiment but that is just plain daft. Both of these trends really impact on the worth of the overall stats and is a waste of the bloke’s time who is doing all this for our collective benefit. Over and out. Grumpy of Dartford. 
    The good thing with all the matches available to watch is that we get a good number of Lifers marking so the odd "unusual" mark will get averaged out.
    So go on Grumpy do your marks
  • edited June 2020
    Think I’m think I’m going to give the player marks thread a miss for a while. @lancashire lad does a brilliant job on this and the season long analysis is really insightful. But people are making a mockery of it by giving ridiculous marks to some players (Bonne has been getting 7s and 8s for the last two week when he is clearly out of his depth). He’s not the only one. This isn’t just a Bonne thing. I know this is all subjective but honestly!!!  Some others are giving blanket 10s because we won. I get the sentiment but that is just plain daft. Both of these trends really impact on the worth of the overall stats and is a waste of the bloke’s time who is doing all this for our collective benefit. Over and out. Grumpy of Dartford. 
    Blanket 10's will just raise the average of every player. Not the worst thing to happen as CAFC fans are often overly critical with losses and reserved with most wins. However now we're in the end game and the players are responding well to the pressure so far, so I wouldn't mind their season average having a mild improvement.

Bonne looked better this week than last, but both are maximum 6/6.5 performances IMO. Some of his build up work was good, had he been onside I am certain he'd have scored his header still. 2nd Offside wasn't offside. The partnership with Hemed is building, but he looks better partnering a quicker player like Taylor or Chuks. I agree not a 7 or 8.
  • edited June 2020
    Think I’m think I’m going to give the player marks thread a miss for a while. @lancashire lad does a brilliant job on this and the season long analysis is really insightful. But people are making a mockery of it by giving ridiculous marks to some players (Bonne has been getting 7s and 8s for the last two week when he is clearly out of his depth). He’s not the only one. This isn’t just a Bonne thing. I know this is all subjective but honestly!!!  Some others are giving blanket 10s because we won. I get the sentiment but that is just plain daft. Both of these trends really impact on the worth of the overall stats and is a waste of the bloke’s time who is doing all this for our collective benefit. Over and out. Grumpy of Dartford. 
    The good thing with all the matches available to watch is that we get a good number of Lifers marking so the odd "unusual" mark will get averaged out.
    So go on Grumpy do your marks
    I’ve done them mate 👍. I just cant believe how many people seem to be watching a different game.   
  • edited June 2020
    3blokes said:
    Great result. 👍🏻👍🏻
    Heard a Rangers fan got into our end, but after a bit of paper thin bravado from him, he got no backing from anyone else and he folded pretty easily. And later someone flattened him. 😑
    There’s always one eh, who just has to. 😐
    I’ll get my coat 🙂🚶‍♂️

The heat wave is over so wrap up warm mate 😉.
  • Clean Sheet Crew #cafc